• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALERT! bijoubaby05 now selling on EBAY as "all things comics" and "comix_code"
2 2

117 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

@Comic Playhouse, did he disclose in the listings about any of the restoration?  I'm not all too familiar with this guy's listings.  Although, I am aware of who he is and his track record.  Sometimes people hide what has been done to the book in a giant wall of text in the listing.  

I was contacted by the seller about this thread today. He read everything and since he has agreed to a refund I can longer speak on the subject. You can search for yourself and find how they list things. I will say it is not mobile friendly.

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Particularly since the resto is mentioned only in the "full item description."  Not that people shouldn't click on that link before bidding on the book, but that extra step would seem to make things easier for this seller. 

I hadn't noticed that under the item description.  Good to know it's there since sellers can hide a lot of information in that link.  

10 hours ago, Diamonddave said:

He's been listing a bunch of ASM 50's, all note they have been restored though in the item description. Not to say that I would ever buy from him/her. 

He won a copy from me a month ago, and though I felt sure when I saw the name of buyer that he planned something unwholesome for the comic, I had no basis to refuse the sale. : (

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-50-low-VG-but-looks-great-/182766199031?hash=item2a8db6e0f7:g:nbAAAOSwe0NZu0fe

Now I will go look and see what a lack of conscience on my part has wrought.

This seller is a sleazy piece of garbage.  I just noticed his new "see full description" scam.

Anyone see samco1's thread selling a reprint of ASM 1 but only using the letters GRR to conceal as sleazily as possible the fact it was a reprint? Got over 1500 for it, another jackoff on ebay scamming on folks with just avg intelligence or that don't read carefully or ask enough questions.

27 minutes ago, grebal said:

He won a copy from me a month ago, and though I felt sure when I saw the name of buyer that he planned something unwholesome for the comic, I had no basis to refuse the sale. : (

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-50-low-VG-but-looks-great-/182766199031?hash=item2a8db6e0f7:g:nbAAAOSwe0NZu0fe

I put this seller's account on my blocked bidder's list for this reason.  I noticed them bidding on a mid-grade raw key and knew where it would end up.  The first time they bid they ended up being the second highest bidder; behind a non-paying winner.  I gave the second chance offer to the third highest bidder and took a $60 loss just so I didn't have to sell to them.  The fact this seller actually considered a refund "hush money" is just sad.  We should all start reporting their auctions and get the account suspended.  Even if they try to move to another account its not like it will be difficult to find them.  

Edited by comicquant

3 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I put this guy on my blocked bidder's list for this reason.  I noticed him bidding on a mid-grade raw key and knew where it would end up.  The first time he bid he was the second highest bidder; behind a non-paying winner.  I gave the second chance offer to the third highest bidder and took a $60 loss just so I didn't have to sell to them.  The fact this seller actually considered a refund "hush money" is just sad.  We should all start reporting his auctions and get the account suspended.  Even if they try to move to another account its not like it will be difficult to find them.  

Already done.  ; )

Often they walk the fine line, but just as often their practices are fraudulent, e.g. stating "slight color touch" to describe a whole spine touched up, which any reasonable collector would find a material misrepresentation.  Sorry for the strong language.

2 minutes ago, grebal said:

Already done.  ; )

Often they walk the fine line, but just as often their practices are fraudulent, e.g. stating "slight color touch" to describe a whole spine touched up, which any reasonable collector would find a material misrepresentation.  Sorry for the strong language.

They deserve whatever we can throw at 'em!  

And to your point, misrepresentation is the key with this seller.  At the very least the word "restored" should be in the title.  There's no reason not to have it stated if you're being transparent about the book you're selling.  That and not providing an actual grade.  Calling a 6.5 high grade is certainly deception.    

11 hours ago, grebal said:

This seller is a sleazy piece of garbage.  I just noticed his new "see full description" scam.

Anyone see samco1's thread selling a reprint of ASM 1 but only using the letters GRR to conceal as sleazily as possible the fact it was a reprint? Got over 1500 for it, another jackoff on ebay scamming on folks with just avg intelligence or that don't read carefully or ask enough questions.

He's just adapting his scam, from outright fraud to buyer beware and check the fine print.

14 hours ago, Comic Playhouse said:

I was contacted by the seller about this thread today. He read everything and since he has agreed to a refund I can longer speak on the subject. You can search for yourself and find how they list things. I will say it is not mobile friendly.

I'm glad you're getting a refund at least.

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

And he's clearly reading this thread.

"The winning bidder will receive this really nice mid grade and UNRESTORED Incredible Hulk #181 featuring the 1st appearance of Wolverine."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-181-Vol-1-Nice-Lower-Mid-Grade-1st-App-of-Wolverine-Missing-MVS-/253200314741?hash=item3af3ea3175:g:4Y0AAOSwTblZ3Abi

Riddle us this all_things_comics -- When did 2.5 become "mid-grade"?

But at least the missing MVS is disclosed...  :golfclap:

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:
3 hours ago, Diamonddave said:

He's just adapting his scam, from outright fraud to buyer beware and check the fine print.

And he's clearly reading this thread.

They've been reading these threads for years.

At one people people from the forums stocked their personal Facebook accounts.

They're unfortunately continuing to get away with shady behavior.

On 10/19/2017 at 10:30 AM, mattn792 said:

"The winning bidder will receive this really nice mid grade and UNRESTORED Incredible Hulk #181 featuring the 1st appearance of Wolverine."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-181-Vol-1-Nice-Lower-Mid-Grade-1st-App-of-Wolverine-Missing-MVS-/253200314741?hash=item3af3ea3175:g:4Y0AAOSwTblZ3Abi

Riddle us this all_things_comics -- When did 2.5 become "mid-grade"?

But at least the missing MVS is disclosed...  :golfclap:

Seriously! He calls that a nice looking book?! It's a 3.0 at best.

eBay's new thing to protect their buyers is to have the click for full description link if the full description has third party hosted scans or other external links embedded in the description. It looks like they want eBay hosted photos/scans only. So you have to jump through an extra step if someone is including scans in the description that are third-party hosted.

Edited by mrwoogieman

On 10/18/2017 at 10:31 PM, comicquant said:

They deserve whatever we can throw at 'em!  

And to your point, misrepresentation is the key with this seller.  At the very least the word "restored" should be in the title.  There's no reason not to have it stated if you're being transparent about the book you're selling.  That and not providing an actual grade.  Calling a 6.5 high grade is certainly deception.    

Absolutely.  Restored is just as important and pertinent as the grade and should be in the title and very obvious in the description.

On 10/18/2017 at 10:52 PM, grebal said:

lol - love your description.....

" I know, why bother listing auctions any more if you’re not c4less, right?"