• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bird said:

well, I am same tier verified since 5/7 so I must be not too far behind you but no scheduled message yet.

It's weird that your books sit in verified for so long whereas my book went from verified to graded in less than a week.  Conversely, your books (i'm guessing in similar fashion to @D84) probably went from received to verified very quickly while mine took a month.  (shrug)

25 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

It's weird that your books sit in verified for so long whereas my book went from verified to graded in less than a week.  Conversely, your books (i'm guessing in similar fashion to @D84) probably went from received to verified very quickly while mine took a month.  (shrug)

lately I use a magic elf to deliver the books hot off the presses and they start at verified, although it does not seem to impact the overall TAT. 

*Reholdered are backed up, very slow process ...

Dropped off 2 books at a con on 3/18

Verified on 3/22

Graded ( reholdered) on 6/5

Shipped 6/7

– Also sent in 8 books Modern slow (much faster)

Verified 4/26

Graded 6/11

Shipped 6/14

39 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

4 Mags via Magazine Economy.

Received:  05/07/2018

Verified:  05/07/2018

Graded:  06/11/2018

Grading & Quality Control:  06/14/2018

Shipped/Safe:  06/15/2018

Shipment notification: 06/15/2018

TAT of 29 business days.

Thanks I have a mag there myself, I didn't submit under my account (don't have one), but I called and they told me "received June 6th" and "probably 7-8 weeks". Glad there is a little hope for sooner... Thanks again!

Just thought I'd keep a log and see how CGC/CCS does at meeting their estimates for books dropped off at SF Con.  I'll update this as the process progresses.

STANDARD

Stated turnaround times when submit.:  CCS = 15 business days; GCC = 15 business days  (Total 30 business days or 6+ weeks)

Date of Con Drop Off - 6/10/2018 

CGC Received Date ("Rec-CCS Required") - 6/14/2018 (4 business days from Con submission to "Received" - quick IMHO)

"At CCS" - 6/18/2018 (quick enough - Bus. days since Rec. CGC = 2, bus. days since Con. submission = 6)

FAST TRACK VALUE

Stated turnaround times when submit.: CCS = 20 business days; GCC = 32 business days (Total 52 business days or 10+ weeks)

CGC Received Date ("Rec-CCS Required") - 6/14/2018 (4 business days from Con submission to "Received" - quick IMHO)

"At CCS" - 6/18/2018 (quick enough - Bus. days since Rec. CGC = 2, bus. days since Con. submission = 6)

MAGAZINE MODERN

Stated turnaround times when submit.: CCS = 35 business days; GCC = 45 business days (Total 80 business days or 16+ weeks)

VALUE

Stated turnaround times when submit.:  CCS = 45 business days; GCC = 57 business days (Total 102 business days or 20+ weeks)

TOTAL BUSINESS DAYS ELAPSED AS OF THIS POST = 6

Edited by sfcityduck

On 6/18/2018 at 12:32 PM, sfcityduck said:

VALUE

Stated turnaround times when submit.:  CCS = 45 business days; GCC = 57 business days (Total 102 business days or 20+ weeks)

Ooph.  20+ weeks?!  That's very nearly 6 months.  That feels like a long time to be separated from your book.  :/

STANDARD

Number of books: 1

Received CGC: 6/4

Verified CGC: 6/8

Scheduled for Grading: 6/19

Graded: 6/20

Grading/Quality Control: ?

Shipped/Safe: ?

Wow, I get up this morning and it's already moved from scheduled for grading to graded.  It will be a good day.

Possibly the wrong place to post this, but here's my beef with Registered Mail.  It's suppose to be scanned at each point along the route to protect against loss.  And it's supposed to be handled differently to protect against damage.  And yet, here's what I've had to contend with for the last 5 days.  Now, I'm guessing CGC uses ground shipping, in which case the package should be checked in on a daily basis since there are rules and regulations on how far truck drivers can be on the road each day.  So why hasn't it?  And I still don't understand why Registered Mail costs more than Priority shipping when it takes much longer to deliver (I've shipped a bunch of priority packages and it usually arrives at the destination within 3 days...heck, I once had a package arrive at its destination NEXT day).  I'm guessing the main rebuttal has to do with higher insurance, but I've mailed and insured a package up to $1000 for $20.  Meanwhile, it's $32 for Registered Mail up to $500 insurance.  And I'm sure CGC must get some sort of discount because of all the packages they send out.  So why, for the life of me, are we paying more for a seemingly inferior service?

(EDIT: well, I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.  Thanks to the board for pointing out I went the UPS route this once instead of Registered Mail.  I'll check back with a fresh complaint the next time I use Registered Mail.  :insane:)

image.png.8299cb527f9526b2cc97270ca3fbf3dc.png

Edited by ExNihilo