• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,985 posts in this topic

Wow, seems Verified to graded is pretty quick.  Hopefully mine will be by the end of this week. :wishluck:

On a side note -anybody have any issues with them shipping to a PO BOX?  Is it the same as shipping to a residential address?

Thx

3 hours ago, JJJCOMICS said:

Wow, seems Verified to graded is pretty quick.  Hopefully mine will be by the end of this week. :wishluck:

On a side note -anybody have any issues with them shipping to a PO BOX?  Is it the same as shipping to a residential address?

Thx

I have mine ship to my P O Box all the time with no issues. I prefer my books to be shipped that way so I don't have them waiting on my doorstep until I get home from work.

Value submission

Dropped off 6-17-17 at AwesomeCon

Received 6-29-17 and still sitting in received

2 hours ago, elove said:

I have mine ship to my P O Box all the time with no issues. I prefer my books to be shipped that way so I don't have them waiting on my doorstep until I get home from work.

Value submission

Thanks for the reply.  I haven't submitted in about a year and things are bit different.  Kinda weird, I got a call from someone at CGC today saying Fed Ex shipping to my PO BOX address was gonna be more ... so I said eff it and ship it to my apartment which whatever the cheapest method you have is ... was pretty confused.

1 hour ago, JJJCOMICS said:

Thanks for the reply.  I haven't submitted in about a year and things are bit different.  Kinda weird, I got a call from someone at CGC today saying Fed Ex shipping to my PO BOX address was gonna be more ... so I said eff it and ship it to my apartment which whatever the cheapest method you have is ... was pretty confused.

I have CGC ship to P O Box by USPS. I haven't looked at the price difference but the piece of mind of not having my books sit on my doorstep for someone to steal is what I base my choice on.

Value submission

Value submission

Does it really take almost a month to go from Received to Verified.

When should I give them a call to make sure everything is ok?

25 minutes ago, elove said:

Value submission

Does it really take almost a month to go from Received to Verified.

When should I give them a call to make sure everything is ok?

As long as they're at received its all probably okay... If you want to call to make sure they have the right books? That's up to you, but yes in the heart of Con season they're going to be slow. mine set at verified for 3 weeks and then went from graded to Quality Control to shipped in like a day! What you ask is a little odd because most people say that it takes forever from verified to graded rather than received to verified... So give them a call if you want but I'm sure they're going to say it's because of Con season

Edit: which is odd because I thought they hired more people for this specific reason

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

40 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

As long as they're at received its all probably okay... If you want to call to make sure they have the right books? That's up to you, but yes in the heart of Con season they're going to be slow. mine set at verified for 3 weeks and then went from graded to Quality Control to shipped in like a day! What you ask is a little odd because most people say that it takes forever from verified to graded rather than received to verified... So give them a call if you want but I'm sure they're going to say it's because of Con season

Edit: which is odd because I thought they hired more people for this specific reason

My Economy Tier submission (9 silver age books) has been at Received since 6/5

Edited by Bighaley21

1 hour ago, Bighaley21 said:

My Economy Tier submission (9 silver age books) has been at Received since 6/5

Snap :(

I had no idea it had got that out of hand, not sure if it's an"improvement" from last year since their "hiring" ...

On 7/17/2017 at 6:47 PM, Patrick7219 said:

Shipped on 5/22

received on 6/5

verified on 7/12

Graded on7/17

Shipped/safe 7/21

Slabs will arrive wednesday the 26th. Did not look at the grades i'll let CGC surprise me ?

The whole thing took a bit longer then 2months, shipping from/Arriving in The Netherlands.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:30 PM, Bighaley21 said:

I don't know if it's a singular occurrence or if it's standard at this point. Going to give them a call tomorrow to see what's up..

My modern submission was received 6/9 and wasnt' verified until after a full month.

On 7/20/2017 at 10:30 PM, Bighaley21 said:

I don't know if it's a singular occurrence or if it's standard at this point. Going to give them a call tomorrow to see what's up..

Did you give them a call and what did they say to you?

On 7/20/2017 at 9:30 PM, Bighaley21 said:

Mine stayed at received for maybe 5 weeks until I called a second time to ask about turnaround times.  Then they went through verified/graded/QC/etc. in a matter of days and were waiting to be shipped about a week after I called.

7 hours ago, SteppinRazor said:

Mine stayed at received for maybe 5 weeks until I called a second time to ask about turnaround times.  Then they went through verified/graded/QC/etc. in a matter of days and were waiting to be shipped about a week after I called.

Thanks. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some results.