• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, elove said:

Thanks. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some results.

NP.  Actually I think what I specifically asked was what the status of my order was.  Then I asked what the turnaround times are.

It's possible they just weren't updated in the system as it happened, or there was an oh spit moment and they got done in a hurry to hit the window.

Edited by SteppinRazor

just called to inquire about 19 book modern order 6/26 was received and verified and nothing since, was told going to be about another 4-6 weeks.  (at the time TAT was 25 days). When asked for an explanation was told they are backed up and just to wait and is there anything else i can help you with.

20 hours ago, netherxvoid said:

just called to inquire about 19 book modern order 6/26 was received and verified and nothing since, was told going to be about another 4-6 weeks.  (at the time TAT was 25 days). When asked for an explanation was told they are backed up and just to wait and is there anything else i can help you with.

I've been at verified since 6/21 on a similarly sized sub. I'm sure TATs took an abrupt hit when con season started and the listed TATs were not immediately updated. 

3 hours ago, Rhymenoceros said:

I've been at verified since 6/21 on a similarly sized sub. I'm sure TATs took an abrupt hit when con season started and the listed TATs were not immediately updated. 

i was told they are working on books verified on 6/6 i suppose i should have added that in my original post. "con season" is  a horrible excuse, this has been  a pattern for how long lol

13 minutes ago, netherxvoid said:

i was told they are working on books verified on 6/6 i suppose i should have added that in my original post. "con season" is  a horrible excuse, this has been  a pattern for how long lol

Don't worry, they hired many additional staff members to provide fantastic customer service and finally get these turn around times back on track.

OH NO CON SEASON!!! 

I guess the first statement doesn't apply during "con season" must have been in the fine print :roflmao:

1 hour ago, JJJCOMICS said:

Don't worry, they hired many additional staff members to provide fantastic customer service and finally get these turn around times back on track.

OH NO CON SEASON!!! 

I guess the first statement doesn't apply during "con season" must have been in the fine print :roflmao:

i work in customer service and id be fired if i talked to our customers how my call was handled.

shame on me for wanting to get my comics graded at a certain time

Well I think some of you are not realizing turn around times are business days which don't include weekends and holidays (4th of July being most recent). So almost every tier is still on time if you calculate time verified to time shipped. The amount of books submitted through mail and cons is extremely high right now so I see some of you have some time difference between CGC receiving your package and the time it gets verified. Patience is a virtue. :)

Update: 10 book modern reg track

6/21: Received and Verified
7/27: Scheduled for Grading
7/28: Graded

Seems like TAT is pretty accurate so far to what was estimated when I submitted back in June. I had a feeling I might see movement this week or next, and sure enough! 

Edited by Rhymenoceros

13 hours ago, Philflound said:

Well I think some of you are not realizing turn around times are business days which don't include weekends and holidays (4th of July being most recent). So almost every tier is still on time if you calculate time verified to time shipped.

Verified? Please tell me you meant received. I have some Value tier been sitting at "received" since 6/9.

23 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Verified? Please tell me you meant received. I have some Value tier been sitting at "received" since 6/9.

value does have a longer TAT than most other's..... But good point a lot of people have been reporting TAT's starting with "verified" when the TAT's clock starts ticking at "recieved" :) 

16 hours ago, Philflound said:

Well I think some of you are not realizing turn around times are business days which don't include weekends and holidays (4th of July being most recent). So almost every tier is still on time if you calculate time verified to time shipped. The amount of books submitted through mail and cons is extremely high right now so I see some of you have some time difference between CGC receiving your package and the time it gets verified. Patience is a virtue. :)

Also add Friday of major cons which i want to assume it is every con that CGC has a booth setup, but not 100% sure

Taken from their service and fees site: Fridays before a major convention are not counted as business days for submission processing

I could swear on one of the CGC site pages there was a list of current turnaround times which said "on time" or I guess if behind would say how many days. I only see with the rates and the title on the table of "Turnaround Times" the days which the category has. So Express says 5 days, yet they are usually 3-4 days ahead. Anyone has any info on if there is a second page?

23 hours ago, Philflound said:

I could swear on one of the CGC site pages there was a list of current turnaround times which said "on time" or I guess if behind would say how many days. I only see with the rates and the title on the table of "Turnaround Times" the days which the category has. So Express says 5 days, yet they are usually 3-4 days ahead. Anyone has any info on if there is a second page?

This was a website "improvement"!!

On 7/26/2017 at 9:37 AM, kimik said:

Finally some movement on my 18 book value submission:

Received 5/31/2017

Graded  7/24/2017

Hopefully encapsulated next week?

Grading/Quality Control since Monday. :wishluck: that they will be shipped soon.

Haven't subbed anything for a couple of years, sent in 6 random books MFT, and they received them yesterday, 7/31. We'll see how it goes!