• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Most people laugh at Spider-Ham.  It’s a “throw away” title.  It’s genuinely tough in HG.  

I love the book.  It’s the first comic I had a subscription to.  It’s a “niche” as it gets, to be sure.  But, there are collectors.  I buy copies whenever I find them.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney ends up making a show out of it.  

It is legitimately a book I just don't see that often. I finally found a VG/F copy at a yard sale for 25 cents a couple of months ago, and just threw it up for auction on eBay this weekend. It closed at $28. We live in crazy times!

39 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

It is legitimately a book I just don't see that often. I finally found a VG/F copy at a yard sale for 25 cents a couple of months ago, and just threw it up for auction on eBay this weekend. It closed at $28. We live in crazy times!

That would be a great topic for a thread: "Books that (inexplicably) sell for for more than $25 in VG/FN condition?" :grin:

3 hours ago, divad said:

That would be a great topic for a thread: "Books that (inexplicably) sell for for more than $25 in VG/FN condition?" :grin:

Not quite $25, but also much worse than VG/FN, I was pleasantly surprised with the price I got on this VERY low grade copy of Peter Parker #64

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192593163609?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

On 7/23/2018 at 7:34 PM, Brother J said:

Aw, don't let the cat out of the bag! I've been trying to buy a cheap copy of Elfquest #2 with the $1.00 cover price. I ordered one from mycomicshop a while back and they sent a third printing ($1.50 cover). They just listed another copy, which I also just bought, hoping this time I actually receive a first printing.

Ended up getting a $1.00 cover price Elfquest #2, so very pleased. It has some slight foxing, but otherwise a nice copy for less than $5.

8 hours ago, Brother J said:

Not quite $25, but also much worse than VG/FN, I was pleasantly surprised with the price I got on this VERY low grade copy of Peter Parker #64

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192593163609?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

That qualifies. I'm going to make it $20 and start it now. (:

Edited by divad

20 hours ago, Brother J said:

I've had a worse copy sell for that much two years ago. 

19 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Go Grab those 1st Maxwell Lord's should do well in the short term. JL 1 1987 I think. Not a DC fan so could be wrong there.

You're correct, but what was the announcement. I looked but didn't see anything.  He's been on Supergirl since the first season. 

On 7/31/2018 at 3:24 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

You're correct, but what was the announcement. I looked but didn't see anything.  He's been on Supergirl since the first season. 

The actor who played Oberyn Martell on Game of Thrones has been cast for the Wonder Woman sequel, and it's being speculated that he's playing Maxwell Lord. Based on the photo I saw, I'd say it's a very good guess.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

That book has so many reasons for collectors to pursue it, Maxwell Lord is not one of them

JL 1 came out within a few months of when I started collecting. I remember loving that series, but I'm not sure how much it would hold up now, and how much collectible value is in that run outside of nostalgia for people of my age who got into comics then. I'd say Lord's first appearance might be more relevant to a majority of collectors than any other single aspect. But I do think those early Lobo appearances are undervalued.

22 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

JL 1 came out within a few months of when I started collecting. I remember loving that series, but I'm not sure how much it would hold up now, and how much collectible value is in that run outside of nostalgia for people of my age who got into comics then. I'd say Lord's first appearance might be more relevant to a majority of collectors than any other single aspect. But I do think those early Lobo appearances are undervalued.

For a book that started a whole new trend in writing, was selling at a premium when it came out and influenced (at least) 1 very popular artist, and was as you mentioned a pretty damn good read,

yeah...

Plenty of reasons for it to be more important than a z class character appearing in a z class TV show among an ocean of insignificant optioned characters 

Sad that no one really cares about these things anymore tho

4 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

For a book that started a whole new trend in writing, was selling at a premium when it came out and influenced (at least) 1 very popular artist, and was as you mentioned a pretty damn good read,

yeah...

Plenty of reasons for it to be more important than a z class character appearing in a z class TV show among an ocean of insignificant optioned characters 

Sad that no one really cares about these things anymore tho

What artist claimed JL as an influence?

I know it doesn't exactly fit in the topic, but with all the Elfquest talk, I just had to share what came from FL today! I bought it on a whim for $48 in April on ebay. Had no clue it would be a 9.8 with that bottom corner...….

38427962_2273024319390800_1325458621584113664_n.jpg

CCA2710D-580E-43AF-BC81-21D40D54D8D8.jpeg

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!