• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,812 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, valiantman said:

You and I might be the only people collecting ElfQuest #2. lol

I might be done. I have two sets of 2 - 7 now. The one I posted a little while ago, not sure what the grade is. I'd probably call it a 7.0, I dunno. So nothing I have is oozing with magical 9.8 elf dust. Most folks don't care and/or don't know what you know. I get off on these tangents now and then. A few months ago I was chasing Love & Rockets. Another property that should be put on Netflix or Prime or something.

15 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

The real question is what isn’t heating up...

Elfquest! Although in this market my recent purchases of about 12 issues may make everyone triple their prices.

12 minutes ago, the blob said:
21 hours ago, valiantman said:

You and I might be the only people collecting ElfQuest #2. lol

I might be done. I have two sets of 2 - 7 now. The one I posted a little while ago, not sure what the grade is. I'd probably call it a 7.0, I dunno. So nothing I have is oozing with magical 9.8 elf dust. Most folks don't care and/or don't know what you know. I get off on these tangents now and then. A few months ago I was chasing Love & Rockets. Another property that should be put on Netflix or Prime or something.

Same here.  My collection has about two dozen "branches" of other small things I pursued for a while.  Usually just a few issues each.  This one is just about the only one that I haven't chased already CGC-slabbed because there just aren't any slabs to be had.  Other tangents are things like Cry For Dawn or Dark Horse Presents 5th Anniversary, which are much easier to go after in slabs... if you just want to get a few of each.

19 minutes ago, the blob said:

Hey, leave Love & Rockets alone.  Surely worthless.  Nothing to see here. Move along... :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I have 2 copies that have double inserts. Anyone know if CGC notes that on the label like they do double covers?

I don't know guys Bishop is a huge staple in the x-verse. We live in a world where the first appearance of Honey Badger overpriced 1st Bishop. Who has earned it more? It's about time Bishop gets some attention. I like his character and I always have since I saw him on X-men animated series. Just my 2 cents. 

6 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I don't know guys Bishop is a huge staple in the x-verse. We live in a world where the first appearance of Honey Badger overpriced 1st Bishop. Who has earned it more? It's about time Bishop gets some attention. I like his character and I always have since I saw him on X-men animated series. Just my 2 cents. 

Yes, the Bishop storyline was a pivotal point in the 90s Xmen. I stopped collecting right after finding out who Onslaught was and Gambits betrayal. Age of Apocalypse was the absolute best, and I just found out they did a Age of Apocalypse round two in 00. 

However, that message from Jean in the future that Bishop chased to the present, had me on edge for years.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Yes, the Bishop storyline was a pivotal point in the 90s Xmen. I stopped collecting right after finding out who Onslaught was and Gambits betrayal. Age of Apocalypse was the absolute best, and I just found out they did a Age of Apocalypse round two in 00. 

However, that message from Jean in the future that Bishop chased to the present, had me on edge for years.

The 00s AOA was one of the first few tpb I read. It's pretty good if you were a fan of AOA. It ties up loose ends, and reveals what really happened when Mags was dealing with the nukes. 

Just now, maidenmate91 said:

The 00s AOA was one of the first few tpb I read. It's pretty good if you were a fan of AOA. It ties up loose ends, and reveals what really happened when Mags was dealing with the nukes. 

Oh it was a prequel?

1 minute ago, Dr. Dank said:

Oh it was a prequel?

It's been a decade or more since I read it. I remember I enjoyed it though. It was before I started collecting and I was just buying tpb. My sister's bf worked at books a million and would always bring me some good stuff. Ah those were the days. lol Now I have to buy my own stuff. Take me back, I want to go back!:cloud9:

21 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I would be ecstatic with the attention on Bishop increasing, as I bought over 20 copies each of 282 & 283 when they came out. Considering that those were the 2nd and third issues of the revamped title though, I'm sure the numbers of printed are an order or two of magnitude greater than the first appearance of Honey Badger, so that would explain the prices. Plenty of Bishop to go around for all who want one.

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Considering that 9.6s are still bouncing around in the $100-$150 range, I'm going to guess that the sports card youtuber that's been posting about dipping into the CGC 9.8 pool is leading to some outsiders coming in and interested in nothing lower than a 9.8, giving those a boost while not doing as much for the lower grades.