• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,812 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yeah sold a couple of copies.

For me Marvel Fanfare 11 and Coyote 13 are my books I cant keep in stock.

9 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah sold a couple of copies.

For me Marvel Fanfare 11 and Coyote 13 are my books I cant keep in stock.

What's special about coyote 13? Do you mean 11?

Just now, fastballspecial said:
7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What's special about coyote 13? Do you mean 11?

Its McFarlane's 1st cover.

A few months back I could have sold 20 of them when he was signing.

But it's #11 that's McFarlane 1st cover not #13...

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Sorry I confused them both I meant 13 for his art my fault.

Ah no worries, I found #11 at the used bookstore not too long ago, I'd go back and get #13 if it's selling well :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:
2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Sorry I confused them both I meant 13 for his art my fault.

Ah no worries, I found #11 at the used bookstore not too long ago, I'd go back and get #13 if it's selling well :)

Well I went it and looked it up. His 1st interior art is Coyote 11

13 is his 1st cover. See you made me go look it up. :slapfight:

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Well I went it and looked it up. His 1st interior art is Coyote 11

13 is his 1st cover. See you made me go look it up. :slapfight:

Lol well I'm glad you did! I only knew what the CGC label said that #11 was his first "published art"

I read the book since it was only a $1 where I found it, but the inside didn't look too different than the cover, so I didn't know the 1st published was "interior art only" lol

So you taught me something! ^^

35 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol well I'm glad you did! I only knew what the CGC label said that #11 was his first "published art"

I read the book since it was only a $1 where I found it, but the inside didn't look too different than the cover, so I didn't know the 1st published was "interior art only" lol

So you taught me something! ^^

@fastballspecial this is the 1st published mcfarlane cover according to cgc

Just an fyi

INFINC-14_1274393006f-1.jpg

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@fastballspecial this is the 1st published mcfarlane cover according to cgc

Just an fyi

INFINC-14_1274393006f-1.jpg

I was aware of that was his 1st DC cover, but I didn't know it predated Coyote 13 interesting. 
Never even thought to look because everyone else has it as Coyote 13.

That's what you get when you don't do enough research sometimes. (shrug)

I hate that damn book. I get 11 and 13 mixed up all the time. Either way they both sell well.
I would imagine the Infinity book is undervalued then.

Edited by fastballspecial

10 hours ago, divad said:
On 3/21/2020 at 5:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

this is the 1st published mcfarlane cover according to cgc

Yours? hm Nize. :bigsmile:

No not mine, we just had an interlude followed by research to teach lol

Evidently another book is ties for 1st McFarlane cover, but he only did half the cover.... veddy intahresting!

On 4/6/2020 at 8:19 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Evidently another book is ties for 1st McFarlane cover, but he only did half the cover.... veddy intahresting!

Half? Which half? Top? Bottom? Left-side? Right-side? lol

1 minute ago, divad said:

Not sure that it said in the info given me, if it were up to me, it looked as though the coyote part of the cover was not mcfarlane...

Pure speculation on my part though. :)

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:
3 minutes ago, divad said:

Not sure that it said in the info given me, if it were up to me, it looked as though the coyote part of the cover was not mcfarlane...

To clarify the infinity above is fully mcfarlane and is attributed to him by cgc as the 1st cover.

The one I was made aware of that is partially 1st at only half the cover, I believe was coyote 13

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
6 minutes ago, divad said:

To clarify the infinity above is fully mcfarlane and is attributed to him by cgc as the 1st cover.

The one I was made aware of that is partially 1st at only half the cover, I believe was coyote 13

Coyote_Vol_1_13.jpg

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The Infinity Inc. 14 is May 85.  The Coyote 13 is July 85.  The Coyote 13 is, I believe, his first cover for Marvel.

Just in general I think McFarlane's work on Infinity Inc. is horribly underrated.  It's got an art deco sensibility that makes it my favorite of his work.  But I'm quite aware I'm in the minority there.

10 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

The Infinity Inc. 14 is May 85.  The Coyote 13 is July 85.  The Coyote 13 is, I believe, his first cover for Marvel.

Just in general I think McFarlane's work on Infinity Inc. is horribly underrated.  It's got an art deco sensibility that makes it my favorite of his work.  But I'm quite aware I'm in the minority there.

It seems to have been inked to make it more like other pencillers and not distinctive McF, but the page designs and the freakin' capes are awesome. I owned 2 pages and sold them at a comic art con, the only things I sold that day and they were sold to doug from comiclink...that should have made me rethink the deal! I miss those pages (one was Mr Bones!). If you are selling to other dealers you might want to rethink things!

40 minutes ago, Bird said:
53 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

It seems to have been inked to make it more like other pencillers and not distinctive McF, but the page designs and the freakin' capes are awesome. I owned 2 pages and sold them at a comic art con, the only things I sold that day and they were sold to doug from comiclink...that should have made me rethink the deal! I miss those pages (one was Mr Bones!). If you are selling to other dealers you might want to rethink things!

Lol thanks you guys for responding, I was out of my element. I hadn't realized it had to be pointed out that mcfarlane didn't do the cover of coyote 11, the poster went on to tell me some research he had done, so thanks for helping :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol thanks you guys for responding, I was out of my element. I hadn't realized it had to be pointed out that mcfarlane didn't do the cover of coyote 11, the poster went on to tell me some research he had done, so thanks for helping :)

Mcfarlane has a distinct way of drawing hair, eyes & noses in particular. He tends to augment the cheeks on the face. A glance at Coyote 11 shows the lines on the faces are thicker than his. The hair is not drawn in that flowy Mcfarlane style. I wanna say the whole 13 cover is his but I'm not entirely sure? I'm not sure the Coyote part is his even though it resembles his art a bit. Clearly the Scorpio Rose section is him.

Coyote was cancelled not long after Mcfarlane got there. Another one of his works that's under the radar is All Star Squadron 47 for DC right after Coyote and pre Batman. That cover does fully appear to be his artwork. Unfortunately it's not clear which is his first solo cover? It could either be Infinity 14, Coyote 13 or All star 47?

Edited by MGsimba77
Grammar