• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6th Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament-Round of 3

65 posts in this topic

Nice work comicdey... good to know I lost to the champ.

WOW! Talk about tight...that's 18-year old tight... :devil: er, but I digress... :insane:

CONGRATS to the winner! Collin...you're a great collector and a credit to the collecting community and these boards! :headbang:

And of course toro and boboset as well! :acclaim:

Collin hope we have a chance to get together when you're in town this week to bask in your glory...I'll give the other Tom a call tomorrow to see if we can swing a lunch or something... :wishluck:

And, of course...CONGRATS to BlowUpTheMoon for carrying the torch on Tom/Nostalgic Attic's behalf and keeping this wonderful contest alive! So very much appreciated!

p.s. I played on the sidelines and with Oakman the last two rounds and if I could've gotten out of the first round (choke) I think I could've won this damn thing...pitched a 68 the final round (9.0/7.0/9.2/6.0)... :frustrated::pullhair:

And last, but certainly not least, beaucoup THX for Tom/Nostalgic Attic for keeping this VERY FUN contest alive! We appreciate it brotha! :headbang:

I'd like to thank:

NostalgicAttic, for allowing me to run March Madness this year. I'd rather not participate and run the game, than have no March Madness for others to enjoy.

sckao, for providing the Excel spreadsheets and patiently instructing me how to use them. Can't thank him enough.

thehumantorch, for overseeing the prize thread.

everyone who stepped up and donated prize books.

this contest, for forcing me to show my grading submission misfires in high def. Examples: Beware #5 CGC 9.0, Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2 CGC 9.0, Wonder Woman #196 CGC 8.5, etc

the

tag, for shielding your eyes from the huge scans.

my $2.00 Goodwill scanner, the workhorse hp scanjet 7400c

I'd like to thank:

NostalgicAttic, for allowing me to run March Madness this year. I'd rather not participate and run the game, than have no March Madness for others to enjoy.

sckao, for providing the Excel spreadsheets and patiently instructing me how to use them. Can't thank him enough.

thehumantorch, for overseeing the prize thread.

everyone who stepped up and donated prize books.

this contest, for forcing me to show my grading submission misfires in high def. Examples: Beware #5 CGC 9.0, Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2 CGC 9.0, Wonder Woman #196 CGC 8.5, etc

the

tag, for shielding your eyes from the huge scans.

my $2.00 Goodwill scanner, the workhorse hp scanjet 7400c

Thanks for stepping up and running this contest. It's one of the highlights each year for me. Man, you did a great, great job. (worship)

I'd like to add my thanks to every one. Playing along at home has been fun and has helped me with my grading immensely. For only being back in comics for a couple years I've noticed a marked improvement in my ability. I'll always be a collector rather than a dealer, but these boards have helped me avoid many costly mistakes I may have had otherwise. As well they have given me a safe place to buy and be pretty sure I'm getting what I pay for.

Wow! Great final round; and a tough competition. Congrats to Comicdey, the first repeat champion. Tough break for Toro as runner-up two years in a row. :applause: to all, and especially BUTM. Well done! (thumbs u