New Comic Scam (web-site) on the block! The House Of Comics
8 8

760 posts in this topic

Ajester   
  • 113 posts

Based on the fact that this seller has sold someone a reprint as an original and the facts presented in the following string and the fact that I ordered High value books and received scrub books instead. I no longer offer my endorsement to this seller. In fact it is just the opposite!

Ajester

Edited by Ajester

Hado   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 10,713 posts
hm

thunsicker   
  • 4,878 posts

Pardon me for my skepticism, but how does someone who "is still learning and doesn't appear to have grading down" have the comics he does. If I were he I would learn to grade and price things before selling. He currently has an FF #1, TOS #39, Strange Tales #110, and more on that web site. Someone claiming to be from the site was here on the boards a short while ago spamming sales forums and other places. His posts have been removed since then or I'd point you to them. The consensus seemed to be that it was a scam at the time.

Hado   
  • 10,713 posts

What say you, man who has no connection to the website in question?

jaybuck43   
  • 11,424 posts

Thomas Neely (Neeley) is a scam artitst, who has been nominated to the HoS

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=6784776&Searchpage=1&Main=163911&Words=thomas+neely&topic=0&Search=true#Post6784776 Please ignore this site like the plague. Thank you all.

Hado   
  • 10,713 posts

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=6784776&Searchpage=1&Main=163911&Words=thomas+neely&topic=0&Search=true#Post6784776 Please ignore this site like the plague. Thank you all.

And yet he's still trying to shill here? :facepalm:

oakman29   
  • 43,292 posts

And yet he's still trying to shill here? :facepalm:

IBTL :facepalm:

Designer Toast   
  • 13,807 posts
Wanted to offer a personal recommendation to a new up-start comic website. It is run by Thomas Neely and his wife in Charlotte NC. They are great people to work with and have great prices on great books! Here is the website for you to check it out -

http://www.thehouseofcomics.com/

Thomas is still learning and doesn't appear to have grading down so you have to do a bit of grading on your own using the high Rez scans but the selection is great, the prices are right and the personal service is outstanding.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Thomas, just trying to help a guy out and point my fellow Boardies to a place to find hard to find books at really reasonable prices. Mention you are a CGC boardie and perhaps he will cut you a bit of a deal on already great prices.

Ajester

23pta.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Speedy-D   
  • 19,356 posts
Wanted to offer a personal recommendation to a new up-start comic website. It is run by Thomas Neely and his wife in Charlotte NC. They are great people to work with and have great prices on great books! Here is the website for you to check it out -

http://www.thehouseofcomics.com/

Thomas is still learning and doesn't appear to have grading down so you have to do a bit of grading on your own using the high Rez scans but the selection is great, the prices are right and the personal service is outstanding.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Thomas, just trying to help a guy out and point my fellow Boardies to a place to find hard to find books at really reasonable prices. Mention you are a CGC boardie and perhaps he will cut you a bit of a deal on already great prices.

Ajester

Cred, unmeet Ajester

etanick   
  • 6,679 posts

the grading is asstrocious....haven't got it down? seriously listing a 2.0 FF #1 as a Fine?

Speedy-D   
  • 19,356 posts
the grading is asstrocious....haven't got it down? seriously listing a 2.0 FF #1 as a Fine?

Dude, don't bother trying to pick it apart. It's a scam web site. The guy lists too-good-to-be-true prices, ultimately sends you reprints and hopes you won't notice.

Ajester   
  • 113 posts

Thank you for the insight! I was just giving Someone a helping hand that I had only just met and thought gave me a good deal. I am not affiliated in any way only a customer who now hopes that the books I purchased are not rubbish when they arrive.

jop   
  • 1,138 posts
Thank you for the insight! I was just giving Someone a helping hand that I had only just met and thought gave me a good deal. I am not affiliated in any way only a customer who now hopes that the books I purchased are not rubbish when they arrive.

cross your fingers. there was a very indepth thread made about him and this site in the past but was deleted for some reason

if it seems too good to be true it is.

Ajester   
  • 113 posts

Last time I vouch for someone other than myself :boo:

Ajester   
  • 113 posts

I say it may take awhile to get the egg off my face! Someone I thought was a nice guy and seemed genuinely interested in breaking into the hobby in the right way asked me for a recommendation and I followed thru on a promise....

What is it that Homer Simpson says? doh!

Ditch Fahrenheit   
  • 17,185 posts

lol

A) I'd like to personally recommend my new friend Charlie.

B) Dude, that's Charles Manson the murderer.

A) Oh...um...never mind.

B) Didn't you notice the swastika carved into his forehead?

A) I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Ajester   
  • 113 posts

Okay, let the brutality begin! I guess I deserve a bit....but Charles Manson? Really!?