Statue Collections
21 21

4,520 posts in this topic

177 posts
On 4/13/2018 at 4:01 PM, nearmint said:

I forgot to share it here.  I should receive my replacement today.

 

So sad.  When I bashed my Bane head that sucker took a lot more than a few whacks.  I was about to get a sledge hammer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,612 posts
On 4/9/2018 at 11:30 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Picked up this Iconic Heroes Deathstroke statue this weekend.

IMG_7135.JPG

IMG_7136.JPG

What Conan statue is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,525 posts
23 hours ago, wombat said:

What Conan statue is that?

It's actually a King Conan hour of the dragon McFarlane action figure. It presents really well for a figure. Goes nice with my King Conan book. Nice homage to the end scene of the Conan movie. Here is a better picture.

IMG_3522.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
358 posts

Sideshow Collectibles seems to be revisiting a bunch of DC and X-Men characters this year. They have a few teaser images going around. Some characters like that first Supergirl should never have been released. But they are trying Supergirl again and so far the statue still doesn't seem to be a complete hit. Their Green Arrow looks pretty good as does the John Stewart Green Lantern tease.

4.jpg

 

1125x682_previewbanner_GLPF.jpg

 

Another possible Emma Frost along with a bunch of other female X-Men. I thought they were going to release Astonishing X-Men Premium Formats after that one Colossus version but that didn't happen. Still they haven't released a good modern Emma so high hopes for that one. They better not mess up Rogue again with the original's screwy eyes and paint job. I'm hoping for some good statues from this news but if not XM Studio seems to be getting their X-Men stuff going again. The Cyclops concept looks really good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,947 posts
7 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Sideshow Collectibles seems to be revisiting a bunch of DC and X-Men characters this year. They have a few teaser images going around. Some characters like that first Supergirl should never have been released. But they are trying Supergirl again and so far the statue still doesn't seem to be a complete hit. Their Green Arrow looks pretty good as does the John Stewart Green Lantern tease.

4.jpg

 

1125x682_previewbanner_GLPF.jpg

 

Another possible Emma Frost along with a bunch of other female X-Men. I thought they were going to release Astonishing X-Men Premium Formats after that one Colossus version but that didn't happen. Still they haven't released a good modern Emma so high hopes for that one. They better not mess up Rogue again with the original's screwy eyes and paint job. I'm hoping for some good statues from this news but if not XM Studio seems to be getting their X-Men stuff going again. The Cyclops concept looks really good.

 

Oooh, those look terrific. So excited by the idea that Sideshow may once again release a PF that isn't Bats/Supes/WW/Harley. They used to produce such a variety but that seems to have fallen by the wayside in favor of the big sellers, so this is pretty great. Ollie looks terrific. I'll be voting with my wallet and supporting these choices!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,513 posts

the new Poison Ivy from Prime 1 is purdy.:luhv:

Edited by kdoginohio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
358 posts
On 5/18/2018 at 8:33 AM, F For Fake said:

Oooh, those look terrific. So excited by the idea that Sideshow may once again release a PF that isn't Bats/Supes/WW/Harley. They used to produce such a variety but that seems to have fallen by the wayside in favor of the big sellers, so this is pretty great. Ollie looks terrific. I'll be voting with my wallet and supporting these choices!

So true. When I first found out about Sideshow Collectibles I looked forward every week to what new statues they would have for a variety of characters even if I wasn't purchasing them. I even got a few of their books for coffee table display. But I haven't been excited about a statue from them in a long time. I look to the overseas statue and figure companies these days. Still that sculptor that works on a few nice female statues seems to be leading up the X-Men female line. And eventually more people will vote with their wallets and those high editions of so so statues will continue to sit in Sideshow's warehouse. They should at least drop the scale to 1/5 and pricing so they can make lesser or more niche characters. The Masters of the Universe and Thundercats (minus Lion-O) lines seem to be good examples. The smaller Avengers line looks pretty good too.

 

On 5/19/2018 at 8:55 AM, kdoginohio said:

the new Poison Ivy from Prime 1 is purdy.:luhv:

And expensive. I think they only got Batman to look like Jim Lee artwork so far. But I'm still looking to see what Catwoman, Huntress, and Nightwing look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,440 posts

:headbang: to every one posting in this thread. I don't collect statues but catch up with this thread every few months and love the conversations here. Thanks guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,947 posts
On 5/19/2018 at 9:55 AM, kdoginohio said:

the new Poison Ivy from Prime 1 is purdy.:luhv:

Yeah, I haven't bit on any of the Prime stuff so far because they're so expensive and so enormous, but this may be my first. I was already giving Catwoman some thought. I may need them both.

Sideshow's new Poison Ivy looks...ok. But next to the Prime 1, it definitely suffers in comparison.

Edited by F For Fake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29,524 posts

The Green Arrow is awesome, and will be mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177 posts
1 hour ago, nearmint said:

The Green Arrow is awesome, and will be mine.

I'm looking forward to your Comic Con statue coverage this year!  Sideshow and Tweeterhead are going to have some amazing pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
358 posts
On 5/25/2018 at 7:33 AM, F For Fake said:

Sideshow's new Poison Ivy looks...ok. But next to the Prime 1, it definitely suffers in comparison.

I think we will be able to say that about a lot of the coming Sideshow statues compared to XM Studios and Prime 1. Someone on the Statue Forum found pictures of Sideshow's new Mystique. Something is weird about her face. Perhaps it's slightly masculine? But people are saying there will be a long hair version which could save it. I guess similar to how people liked the long hair Black Widow over the short hair. I'm not crazy about the design of her guns either but I do like her boots and costume. Paint job looks great too. But I expected more of a hit from the first in this new X-Men line. I don't think Mystique is as good as their Dark Phoenix.

66750429619721579578.jpg

73137206827446426980.jpg

47990006571215792698.jpg

40512323076980122322.jpg

 

Also speaking about XM Studios, they showed this Wonder Woman 1/6 scale. So far equal if not a bit better than Sideshow's recent Wonder Woman.

33922791_2053042258249796_73189442603324

 

Edited by GeneticNinja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,947 posts
5 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

I think we will be able to say that about a lot of the coming Sideshow statues compared to XM Studios and Prime 1. Someone on the Statue Forum found pictures of Sideshow's new Mystique. Something is weird about her face. Perhaps it's slightly masculine? But people are saying there will be a long hair version which could save it. I guess similar to how people liked the long hair Black Widow over the short hair. I'm not crazy about the design of her guns either but I do like her boots and costume. Paint job looks great too. But I expected more of a hit from the first in this new X-Men line. I don't think Mystique is as good as their Dark Phoenix.

66750429619721579578.jpg

73137206827446426980.jpg

47990006571215792698.jpg

40512323076980122322.jpg

 

Also speaking about XM Studios, they showed this Wonder Woman 1/6 scale. So far equal if not a bit better than Sideshow's recent Wonder Woman.

33922791_2053042258249796_73189442603324

 

Yikes, yeah, not loving that Mystique at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,513 posts
On 5/31/2018 at 9:05 AM, F For Fake said:

Yikes, yeah, not loving that Mystique at all.

Really? I was just thinking how the movie version should be more like this and not all scaly-like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,947 posts
12 hours ago, kdoginohio said:

Really? I was just thinking how the movie version should be more like this and not all scaly-like.

Oh, I like this VERSION of Mystique, as in this is my preferred outfit/look/costume, whatever. I don't dig the scaly movie version at all. But I just don't particularly care for this sculpt. The face isn't doing it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,947 posts

PS: And that may be nitpicky, but considering that these things are running $500-$600 a pop these days, you have to be nitpicky. If a statue isn't pretty much perfect, I don't buy it. Not enough cash and display space around to pick up pieces I'm not totally in love with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
515 posts
3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

PS: And that may be nitpicky, but considering that these things are running $500-$600 a pop these days, you have to be nitpicky. If a statue isn't pretty much perfect, I don't buy it. Not enough cash and display space around to pick up pieces I'm not totally in love with.

Same here. I had been looking forward to their Magneto and when I saw it, I thought it was ok. Then I looked at the price and $750 is too much for me to spend on just "ok". And with all the players in the market these days, it seems that if you don't like what's there now, just wait and either they'll put out another, or someone else will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,513 posts
11 hours ago, F For Fake said:

PS: And that may be nitpicky, but considering that these things are running $500-$600 a pop these days, you have to be nitpicky. If a statue isn't pretty much perfect, I don't buy it. Not enough cash and display space around to pick up pieces I'm not totally in love with.

point taken. I've passed on plenty of stuff for just the same reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
21 21