• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

You mean the Tom Holland signature?  I don't like signatures at all, so I'm the wrong guy to ask, but I guess it makes the book stand apart from the other half a million books signed by Stan Lee.

I dont like signatures on covers (especially on books like this) either, but at least Stan Lee's signature makes sense. Tom Holland on the other hand? ???

12 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

lol

12 hours ago, comicquant said:

I guarantee you the person who owns this book has at least one person saying "I told you over and over not to have this signed by Tom Holland".

That Sig is Sick

On 6/26/2018 at 9:07 AM, GB said:

I resubmitted a AF15 7.5 to CGC that I had graded a couple years ago to see if it was a candidate for pressing. They contacted me yesterday to say it had a 50/50 chance for improvement with pressing. I showed the book to Gator at Heroes Con before it was resubmitted and he was right on with his analysis that it had a 50/50 shot at being upgraded. So I'm trying to decide what to do. It's an expensive gamble to take with no payoff if it comes back the same grade. Or, just have it sent back as is and its probably a more valuable 7.5 since it has a shot at being a 8. I'd appreciate some thoughts on this in case I'm missing something. Thanks.

I don't have a picture of it graded, but here is one of it before it was originally submitted.

IMG_1547.JPG

Looks like it could go either way, and I have had many books come back a grade lower from resubmissions. The defects in this range and the 8.5-9.2 are very tight with CGC in my experience . If it is still slabbed I would keep it that way and sell it as a 8.0 in a 7.5 holder, perhaps with a CVA sticker

I’m watching an auction right now for an AF 15 . CGC has given this book an NG grade because it has no original cover but the interior is complete and apparently in great shape. It’s alrwady around. 4K Canadian so here’s my question . What if someone had a really nice cover out there won this book and paid a company to professionally put cover on the og interior? How would anyone know it’s been frankensteined? 

31 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I’m watching an auction right now for an AF 15 . CGC has given this book an NG grade because it has no original cover but the interior is complete and apparently in great shape. It’s alrwady around. 4K Canadian so here’s my question . What if someone had a really nice cover out there won this book and paid a company to professionally put cover on the og interior? How would anyone know it’s been frankensteined? 

At some point it would probably be sent to CGC for grading and they would stamp it a Married book.

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

If the staple holes lined up perfectly then unlikely it would be caught. But that rarely happens so...

1 minute ago, Mr bla bla said:

Franken extensive takes MORE than a married cover ...

The poster made it sound like it was simply a cover being married. No restoration was inquired about I don’t believe 

Ok so next question obviously a married book of AF 15 is better than a coverless one correct? Like if I’m just trying to get a copy at best possible price I’d lean to get married one and not grade it . That’s me I’d never buy this book listed . Here’s the auction :

https://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.ebay.com/outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323322095498

10 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Ok so next question obviously a married book of AF 15 is better than a coverless one correct? Like if I’m just trying to get a copy at best possible price I’d lean to get married one and not grade it . That’s me I’d never buy this book listed . Here’s the auction :

https://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.ebay.com/outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323322095498

Filter81 had a couple lower grade married cover books he consigned to Metro at one point, a very presentable 1.5 and 3.0 if I recall , you might ask him. Would save you from having to locate a cover and have the work done. Just my.02

51 minutes ago, amazingspiderfan said:

Filter81 had a couple lower grade married cover books he consigned to Metro at one point, a very presentable 1.5 and 3.0 if I recall , you might ask him. Would save you from having to locate a cover and have the work done. Just my.02

I think if someone had a cover they would be in the same boat as the person who has a coverless copy. I guess they both could shoot dice.