• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

Just now, Pantodude said:

The Heritage auction book the thread was talking about....3.0 blue (post resto removal).  

Cool.

It's like we were going in circles.

On 7/15/2020 at 6:12 PM, Hollywood1892 said:

Where have you been?

Haven’t been as active very busy with work and recently bought a house so been dealing with all the buying a house stuff 

On 7/15/2020 at 8:02 PM, Pantodude said:

I hear ya.  Ultimately, if the price is right...then it is!    It's a balancing act, and it's all okay.   Todd McFarlane has many (i think predominantly) restored books in his collection, including an AF15, and they all looked nice.  McFarlane!   So who am I to judge.   Just try to be nice to books.  Cuz they have been nice to us.  :)  I mean, GRRR!

Totally agree 100 percent 

I assume this was an error, but did anyone notice the 1.8 restored in GPA that went for $28 Feb/2020?

I wonder if that was for the book....or the trimmings.

Edited by NP_Gresham

On 6/14/2020 at 10:54 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

So I was advised two ways of pursuing the AF 15

1. Continue to buy blue chip books ie. ASM 2,3,13,14,101,129

IH 181

And trade for AF 15

2. Save up my money for 3 yrs and buy it outright

What do you think the best route is?

Imo first route would be hard because I would have to let go of a bulk of my collection to fund the trade

Second route, God forbid if anything happened in the 3 yrs we would have liquid funds to cover it and if nothing did then in 3 yrs we would have the money to get the book. Also the problem with this route is I won't be able to collect any books in that span

I went the first route. So hard for me to pass on great books saving for the one.

But I went the consignment route so I had nothing pulling me back. It was a little liberating letting my collection go.

If you are disciplined I think option 2 is the best, but you wont regret buying this book either way.

31 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

I went the first route. So hard for me to pass on great books saving for the one.

But I went the consignment route so I had nothing pulling me back. It was a little liberating letting my collection go.

If you are disciplined I think option 2 is the best, but you wont regret buying this book either way.

It's really hard

I've passed on

ASM 300 9.8 SIG Todd MacFarlane 

ASM 129 9.4 signed by Conway, Lee, Romita

ASM 14 7.5

And the impulse to buy a Ultimate Fallout 4

And now my Step daughter wants to split on a car...I just hope I have the endurance

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

It's really hard

I've passed on

ASM 14 7.5

And now my Step daughter wants to split on a car...I just hope I have the endurance

Put on your big boy pants and stick with saving for an AF15. What the *#@& is Ultimate Fallout 4 anyways? 

Just kidding buy what you love and all that stuff. 

7 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

I assume this was an error, but did anyone notice the 1.8 restored in GPA that went for $28 Feb/2020?

I wonder if that was for the book....or the trimmings.

Lol probably the trimmed edges like you mentioned 

6 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

It's really hard

I've passed on

ASM 14 7.5

Not sure if I gave my take but I think option 2 is the best bet as comics can go up and down so there is not guarantee to the values they hold cash is cash and is always king... oh wait unless we are in a pandemic and stores don’t want to handle money for health and safety reasons and then plastic is king haha lol 

personally I tried option 1 but then when it came time to sell I couldn’t I loved each one of my books, well 95% of my collection. there are a few drek books I got in a few long box pic up the whole thing and go for under a loonie a piece, mystery box deal. lol

12 hours ago, silverweb said:
12 hours ago, c_mkv said:

Yep, its the 2c variant, but hey it has a 7.0 grade!

A little miscut?  Even bubbles knows that's not a little :baiting: