• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, grebal said:

I suspect not for a $13 free shipping mid grade comic.

I normally don't sell unslabbed comics, but when I do I charge a $5-$6 flat fee in the CON US.

I recently sold a book for .99 ( the exception rather than the rule ) and charged $6 shipping, so I lost money on the transaction. I refuse to compromise on this because I package books like I would appreciate receiving them.

^Yup, you sell to different buyers for the stuff I'm talking about.  For that, I let them pay up if they like, but they don't.

For slabs and high grades or high dollar books I package differently. The point of the mailer was responsive to claim that you can't send 3 book at first class, but I don't mind your change of topic, it's just non-responsive to the point.

Edited by grebal

47 minutes ago, grebal said:

Not in a box, but routinely send out 3-4 comics like in the pic (regular-sized, mostly with bag/boards) for under 16 oz first class, even with a layer of bubblewrap, although I did have to buy those mailers (around 70 cents).  The one in the pic is over a lb. because more books in there.

small.jpg

Hmmmm....I use the same mailer, bubble wrap, bags and boards + a piece of rigid cardboard for extra support.  I should look at removing that component to bring down the weight.  Thank you for sharing this!

6 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Hmmmm....I use the same mailer, bubble wrap, bags and boards + a piece of rigid cardboard for extra support.  I should look at removing that component to bring down the weight.  Thank you for sharing this!

Agreed, thanks man.  With the extra cardboard I can only get 2 books.

Edited by grebal
But it fits in legal sized flat rate priority $7, with up to 8 books

ultimately, the seller controls the cost of shipping and the methods used.  If you are losing money on it-- charge more for shipping.

I just would appreciate it if they would stop using media mail for comics (TPBs are ok-- no ads) to ship me one or two books. As for those mailers-- unless you never buy any books, you should have a bunch of those from previous purchases. I know I do. I am perfectly fine with someone using a simple cardboard sandwich inside a manila envelope also.

When I buy these books-- we expect a certain level of care regardless of how low grade or if we won cheaply at auction. I'm not spending a ton of money on these purchases but do notice when a seller cuts corners on shipping -- especially to save 20 cents using Media Mail versus first class. Not talking about anyone here probably (you guys seem to go above and beyond the packing). But for a simple single low grade book, I've had people use media mail and not even bother to use cardboard at all-- and weigh the item at 7 ounces-- leaving NINE ounces of protection (free cardboard basically) out of the equation that they could have used for that first pound of media mail. It's like a double whammy-- they use a slower (and violate USPS regs) method and don't even think to use that extra weight for the sake of the book at least. Very annoying.

5 minutes ago, gregreece said:

ebay user ID: oduenas

"Hello! I accidently pressed buy it now when I dropped my phone! I wasn't intending to buy the comic I was only brewing your site!!!
I truly apologize for the confusion!!!"

Don't you have to hit it twice to confirm the purchase??

1 hour ago, gregreece said:

ebay user ID: oduenas

"Hello! I accidently pressed buy it now when I dropped my phone! I wasn't intending to buy the comic I was only brewing your site!!!
I truly apologize for the confusion!!!"

Greg, I hope your site is composed of a good balance of hops and barley so that guy can make a solid pale ale!

Here's another blatant thief... 

tmoney120 (Terrance Boudin-Johnson)

Buyer won a Luke Cage NM run from #1-14 for $1100

Contacts me claiming that the package was damaged in transit. Claims that the Post Office told him to leave the #1 with them and he took the rest. Files a not as described case.

We contact Post Office and they claim that he did not leave anything behind. They state that he took everything. I begin the process for an investigation and insurance claim. I ask the buyer to go to the Post Office and retrieve the stuff he claims he left behind.

I get no assistance from him and he never goes back to get the stuff he "left".. He does stay on ebay and pressure them to close the case on me.. Someone at ebay makes a mistake and closes it as a return, telling him to send everything back. The rep I spoke to admitted that the case should not have been closed.

Today the "return" finally arrives and it's issues #2-14, but they are very clearly NOT all the same comics we sent him...  The comics we sent were NM and Terrance even confirmed that #2-14 were not damaged, which was why he claimed to have taken them.. 

Beware

Edited by BrianHoward

Submitted for your consideration:  mrfrankenstein420

Made 3 offers on a moderate priced book ($550), I accepted the third offer on Nov 11.  Over the next week I sent 2 invoices, no response.  On Nov 17 sent a message asking if he was still interested, he responded the next day with: "I defnitely still want it. Trying to offload a couple books $$".  On Nov23 I message him again asking for him to pay that day or I will have to relist the book, no response at all so I cancelled and relisted.

So basically because of  his lack of simple contact and courtesy I am out 2 weeks of marketing the book.  Total time waster.  I notice he has made his feedback comments private in the last week, I can guess why.

4 hours ago, BrianHoward said:

Here's another blatant thief... 

tmoney120 (Terrance Boudin-Johnson)

Buyer won a Luke Cage NM run from #1-14 for $1100

Contacts me claiming that the package was damaged in transit. Claims that the Post Office told him to leave the #1 with them and he took the rest. Files a not as described case.

We contact Post Office and they claim that he did not leave anything behind. They state that he took everything. I begin the process for an investigation and insurance claim. I ask the buyer to go to the Post Office and retrieve the stuff he claims he left behind.

I get no assistance from him and he never goes back to get the stuff he "left".. He does stay on ebay and pressure them to close the case on me.. Someone at ebay makes a mistake and closes it as a return, telling him to send everything back. The rep I spoke to admitted that the case should not have been closed.

Today the "return" finally arrives and it's issues #2-14, but they are very clearly NOT all the same comics we sent him...  The comics we sent were NM and Terrance even confirmed that #2-14 were not damaged, which was why he claimed to have taken them.. 

Beware

This is beyond atrocious----I'm really sorry this clown totally victimized you.

My first post in this thread. I've had plenty of other eBay mishaps, but this is the first one that got me mad enough to post.

Cliff Notes:

1. Hit the BIN on a Star Wars Treasury #2 Double Cover. $89.99.

SUPER excited to own it, as I collect Marvel treasuries and double covers, and had never seen one before.

2. Include a note with payment asking seller to package the book with care, as treasuries are notoriously easy to damage.

He replies that he will indeed package properly.

3. Receive the package.

Box smashed, sealed with masking tape, barely any packaging material (no bubble wrap, literally a dozen packing peanuts floating around the box.

LRC smashed (wasn't smashed in the pics). Color breaking crease. He says the USPS opened it and took out packaging material.

IMG_2767.thumb.jpg.3f7671ee956faa1fddcd3fa972634019.jpg

4. I Message the seller telling him what happened.

As my fellow treasury collectors in the 'Bronze Age Treasuries' thread reminded me, this is a rare book, and I should keep it even though it's damaged, which is true, but I'm a condition freak, and I'm just bummed out in general, and I don't want it anymore.

5. Seller tells me to ship it back and he will refund.

So I package it up (properly: with cardboard, bubble wrap and tons of peanuts) and mail it back.

6. Get a message from eBay: "Seller has asked us to step in and help with Star Wars #2 Double Cover Error"

This :censored: claimed I stole the outer cover and only sent back the inside book. He explains that the covers on these books were glued on during this Marvel era (true), and the second cover wasn't glued on, so I kept the outer cover (lie), making the book worthless, so I shouldn't receive a refund.

"The book sent to the buyer was a rare error edition that included a second double cover . This cover was never stitch attatched as Marvel was using the glue on process for the square bound comics in that era, rather than staples. The item has been returned but without the second cover that was originally a part of it, which now makes the book no longer unique, and which was the original reason I had bought it on Ebay. The package was searched to see if the second cover was in a seperated compartment, but it was not. A double cover cannot be replaced or duplicated, and without it, the book is worth significantly less and is considered to be incomplete and ungradable from both a collector s and a professional s standpoint." 

7. I lose it, and begin sending emails to eBay and to the seller, with some, no many, choice words about his moral character, etc. 

Since I read the eBay message late at night, I was so fired up I couldn't sleep, and began sending dozens of emails to both email addresses I had. All night.

8. eBay sends me a message stating they've closed the case - no refund - take it up with PayPal.

Now I'm just beside myself. I look up the address I have for seller on Google Earth, zoom in on the front of the house, take a pic, send it to him and tell him I'm on my way over lol

9. Get a message from PayPal, "You've received a refund".

10. Seller lists the book today, with both covers, at 3x what I paid.

5a18b35c40945_SWDC.thumb.png.1d525a6317fd57daa7fa0da283de5b28.png

Beware!

1 hour ago, wormboy said:

My first post in this thread. I've had plenty of other eBay mishaps, but this is the first one that got me mad enough to post.

Cliff Notes:

1. Hit the BIN on a Star Wars Treasury #2 Double Cover. $89.99.

SUPER excited to own it, as I collect Marvel treasuries and double covers, and had never seen one before.

2. Include a note with payment asking seller to package the book with care, as treasuries are notoriously easy to damage.

He replies that he will indeed package properly.

3. Receive the package.

Box smashed, sealed with masking tape, barely any packaging material (no bubble wrap, literally a dozen packing peanuts floating around the box.

LRC smashed (wasn't smashed in the pics). Color breaking crease. He says the USPS opened it and took out packaging material.

IMG_2767.thumb.jpg.3f7671ee956faa1fddcd3fa972634019.jpg

4. I Message the seller telling him what happened.

As my fellow treasury collectors in the 'Bronze Age Treasuries' thread reminded me, this is a rare book, and I should keep it even though it's damaged, which is true, but I'm a condition freak, and I'm just bummed out in general, and I don't want it anymore.

5. Seller tells me to ship it back and he will refund.

So I package it up (properly: with cardboard, bubble wrap and tons of peanuts) and mail it back.

6. Get a message from eBay: "Seller has asked us to step in and help with Star Wars #2 Double Cover Error"

This :censored: claimed I stole the outer cover and only sent back the inside book. He explains that the covers on these books were glued on during this Marvel era (true), and the second cover wasn't glued on, so I kept the outer cover (lie), making the book worthless, so I shouldn't receive a refund.

"The book sent to the buyer was a rare error edition that included a second double cover . This cover was never stitch attatched as Marvel was using the glue on process for the square bound comics in that era, rather than staples. The item has been returned but without the second cover that was originally a part of it, which now makes the book no longer unique, and which was the original reason I had bought it on Ebay. The package was searched to see if the second cover was in a seperated compartment, but it was not. A double cover cannot be replaced or duplicated, and without it, the book is worth significantly less and is considered to be incomplete and ungradable from both a collector s and a professional s standpoint." 

7. I lose it, and begin sending emails to eBay and to the seller, with some, no many, choice words about his moral character, etc. 

Since I read the eBay message late at night, I was so fired up I couldn't sleep, and began sending dozens of emails to both email addresses I had. All night.

8. eBay sends me a message stating they've closed the case - no refund - take it up with PayPal.

Now I'm just beside myself. I look up the address I have for seller on Google Earth, zoom in on the front of the house, take a pic, send it to him and tell him I'm on my way over lol

9. Get a message from PayPal, "You've received a refund".

10. Seller lists the book today, with both covers, at 3x what I paid.

5a18b35c40945_SWDC.thumb.png.1d525a6317fd57daa7fa0da283de5b28.png

Beware!

I would be on the phone with eBay showing them the new listing as proof he lied to them about what he claimed you did with the book in an attempt to not refund you on the purchase. 

One would think eBay would put the kibosh on his account for what's essentially fraudulent behavior, but ... you know ... eBay:facepalm:

10 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

When i read these threads it makes me feel that it's getting to the point where it is almost not worth the risk to sell anything worth more than $150 on eBay 

$150 is a good number....I use a total max of $200 currently.  These stories about eBay and the scammers truly terrify me.  These turds have even figured out how maintain 100% rating while ripping other people off....incredible....

7 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:

I would be on the phone with eBay showing them the new listing as proof he lied to them about what he claimed you did with the book in an attempt to not refund you on the purchase. 

One would think eBay would put the kibosh on his account for what's essentially fraudulent behavior, but ... you know ... eBay. :facepalm:

Yeah, the eBay people in the Philippines are really, really nice, but they can't get anything done in my experience. Even when I "move up the ladder" to a manager. I truly believe they (corporate) just don't care.