EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
60 60

6,774 posts in this topic

54,052 posts
21 hours ago, srezvan said:

I recently sold 3 boxes of comics to someone on OfferUp at a steep discount. They bargained again when we met in person. After looking through everything and buying them twice discounted, they message me later saying that everything looks digital. I asked what she meant, and it was implied that I had reprinted the comic books and that they are not worth anything. We are talking about 100s of $1-$5 modern books. Who is going to reprint those and resell them? Very bizarre. 

Tell her she looks digital!!!

3,874 posts
2 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

I've bought and sold with only 1 issue so far.  Bought a book from someone who then told me that they couldnt ship the book because they were homeless.  Glad I used Paypal Goods and Services as I put in a claim and got my money back.  Every other transaction for buying and selling has been fine.  There are plenty of people giving terrible advice and just plain knuckleheads on that platform which is why I don't spend a lot of time over there.

2 hours ago, JollyComics said:

That is new to me.  They carry comic books without a place to live.  That is scary to carry them around lurking places.

One of my mottos is "you can't live under the comics".  Now I'm starting to wonder...

8,648 posts
4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

One of my mottos is "you can't live under the comics".  Now I'm starting to wonder...

My young brother has a paranoid schizophrenia for nearly 30 years.  He ran away three times from my family then reunited with us.  He decided not to do it again.

He lived on the streets in Oakland and SF for 6 months and gave up everything he owned but he kept his guitar then ran away again. He lived in drug war zone Brownsville, Texas for 8 months. He abandoned his car and belongings but his same guitar.  He disappeared again for other 13 months and lived from Miami-Dade to Keys and the same guitar still stayed upon him.  Thanks to Florida law people who forcibly put a shot on him to stablize his imbalance brain chemical with the special medicine until he was straightened up and decided to contact us. That was the last time he ran away in 2011.  He finally let go his beloved guitar and didn't want to remember his multiple ordeals so I still hold of it even I don't play it.

Surprisedly, the guitar is still in a good condition.

690 posts
18 hours ago, JollyComics said:

That is good to know.  I heard horror stories somewhere in this thread.

I am sure there are. I even let them pay over time with the paypal invoice partial payments system and it was a couple of good transactions. 

690 posts
18 hours ago, JollyComics said:

The case is closed on August 3rd. It's almost two weeks. He paid CGC Expert Review to check my book. Not as it described. He wanted to cancel the order.  I was going to cancel the order right away.  He requested the return.  I can't cancel the order so I clicked the refund button.  It was in process but two days later, he opened the case against me.  I had CGC called me twice (both 55 and 56 minutes of waiting time).  eBay Customer Support told me to not do anything with the open case because the refund is still in process. Finally the case is closed after the buyer received the full refund.  I have enough of him for dragging me through and blocked him.  Please add him on the block list - atrader0

I thought I recognized this ebayer. His Iron Man books keep coming up in my searches. He has been trying to sell a couple of IM 219 9.8's for $900!:flipbait:

8,648 posts
1 hour ago, WoWitHurts said:

I thought I recognized this ebayer. His Iron Man books keep coming up in my searches. He has been trying to sell a couple of IM 219 9.8's for $900!:flipbait:

You can buy them via MSC. mycomicshop has 2 of them.  Also there are two more of them in eBay.  Nope of them are closer to that price.

His price is a rip-off.

Edited by JollyComics

26,715 posts

Seller immediately offered me a partial refund or a return.  I took the return... he just refunded me.  This is how the book was shipped out. 

Apparently, I can keep it but seriously... 

The book was $23.  Would it have killed him to put more than a single layer of cardboard on each side?   I don't blame the USPS at all on this. 

Seller instantly made it right but said he has not ever had a problem before... 

I refuse to believe that... I am not even that picky... I truly understand that NM means 9.2-9.4... 

IMG_9433.jpeg

IMG_9434.jpeg

IMG_9435.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

26 posts
15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Seller immediately offered me a partial refund or a return.  I took the return... he just refunded me.  This is how the book was shipped out. 

Apparently, I can keep it but seriously... 

The book was $23.  Would it have killed him to put more than a single layer of cardboard on each side?   I don't blame the USPS at all on this. 

Seller instantly made it right but said he has not ever had a problem before... 

I refuse to believe that... I am not even that picky... I truly understand that NM means 9.2-9.4... 

IMG_9433.jpeg

IMG_9434.jpeg

IMG_9435.jpeg

That sucks. I got a comic a couple of weeks ago where the seller just sent the comic in a shipping envelope. There was literally nothing in the envelope except the comic. It got a little damaged as a result. I got the comic on auction and I think they were pissed I got it for only 99 cents when it was worth at least $12.

26,715 posts

Sigh... 

Purchase made at 7:35 EST... buyer lives in Texas where it was 6:35...  So his daughter was up at 6:35 making purchases on his eBay account as a surprise.  By 7:37/6:37 I had a cancellation request.  He says that they cannot afford it right now.  I believe that all of us should help Jerry during his time of financial need and block him from buying comic books that they cannot afford.   

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 9.11.10 AM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

3,874 posts
1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Sigh... 

Purchase made at 7:35 EST... buyer lives in Texas where it was 6:35...  So his daughter was up at 6:35 making purchases on his eBay account as a surprise.  By 7:37/6:37 I had a cancellation request.  He says that they cannot afford it right now.  I believe that all of us should help Jerry during his time of financial need and block him from buying comic books that they cannot afford.   

:golfclap: Humanitarian of the Year to @Buzzetta!! 

8,194 posts
On 8/1/2020 at 4:29 PM, kav said:

anyone have a live number for ebay?  this one no good anymore.  How are you guys all getting ebay on the phone? @Callaway29

1 (866) 961-9253

It is tech support, there is always someone live that will answer you and help you.

54,052 posts
6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Sigh... 

you are the undisputed master of the spanking.

26,715 posts
5 hours ago, mattn792 said:

:golfclap: Humanitarian of the Year to @Buzzetta!! 

I do what I can to help people.