• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

Thor 134 has 1st HE

The Galactus appearance is important here because it is his 1st after FF 50 and everyone is already interested in the book because of the High Evolutionary. 

The importance of the Galactus appearance is like Drax premiering in Iron Man 55. It sure is important but most people leave it at first Thanos.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:53 AM, KirbyJack said:

They do begin an origin story in that arc, but the big G appeared in other, non-FF mags prior to Thor 160. Most impactfully, this head-turner in Thor 134!

Thor 134 Galactus splash page Kirby 1966 | Jack kirby, Vintage comics,  Comic books art

There was DD 37 and Surfer 1 besides Thor 134? Anything else?

That cover appearance in Thor 160 is killer!

Don't know if this has been posted here yet, but according to Key Collector Comics, X-Men #4 CGC 3.5 sold for $4K this week? I really hope that is true, as I have a nice 3.5 coming up for auction with Clink. :wishluck:

• 🏅 #2 on the Hot 10: 1st team appearance of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants led by Magneto
  • 1st appearance of Scarlet Witch
  • and Quicksilver
  • 1st appearance Mastermind, later becomes Jason Wyngarde
  • 1st appearance of Toad
  • 2nd appearance of Magneto
  • Although the Scarlet Witch's costume is colored green on the cover, it is red in the story
  • THIS WEEK’S TOP 3 RECORD BREAKERS [Previous High In Brackets]:
  • 8.0 sold for $8,700 [$7,812 ] +11%
  • 6.5 sold for $4,778 [$3,450 in Feb] +38%
  • 3.5 sold for $4,000 [$2,150 in Feb] +86%
Edited by kimik

50 minutes ago, kimik said:

Don't know if this has been posted here yet, but according to Key Collector Comics, X-Men #4 CGC 3.5 sold for $4K this week? I really hope that is true, as I have a nice 3.5 coming up for auction with Clink. :wishluck:

• 🏅 #2 on the Hot 10: 1st team appearance of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants led by Magneto
  • 1st appearance of Scarlet Witch
  • and Quicksilver
  • 1st appearance Mastermind, later becomes Jason Wyngarde
  • 1st appearance of Toad
  • 2nd appearance of Magneto
  • Although the Scarlet Witch's costume is colored green on the cover, it is red in the story
  • THIS WEEK’S TOP 3 RECORD BREAKERS [Previous High In Brackets]:
  • 8.0 sold for $8,700 [$7,812 ] +11%
  • 6.5 sold for $4,778 [$3,450 in Feb] +38%
  • 3.5 sold for $4,000 [$2,150 in Feb] +86%

I See What You Did There GIFs | Tenor

lol

I still can't believe a 3.5 hit that, but am really hoping it did.

A friend snagged a 9.0 in early Feb for a good price. He will have a nice fat 50%+ profit based on the 8.0 price if he decides to sell. Not bad for 5 mins of work and a 30 day hold.

Edited by kimik

Is X Men 4 really that hot?! :whatthe: I bought a ~3.5 last year for $400. WandaVision really has people out here doing all sorts of crazy things...(anyone who wants to trade that and my Strange Tales #110 2.5 for an FF #1 let me know I hear there's a Doctor Strange movie coming out :shy:...)

4 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

Is X Men 4 really that hot?! :whatthe: I bought a ~3.5 last year for $400. WandaVision really has people out here doing all sorts of crazy things...(anyone who wants to trade that and my Strange Tales #110 2.5 for an FF #1 let me know I hear there's a Doctor Strange movie coming out :shy:...)

I bought a CGC 6.0 last year for $1,200, and I thought that I overpaid at the time. That's certainly not the case anymore.

9 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

I've been working on completing 1 - 5 of all the major marvel SA keys. 

I'm pretty close. The biggest book I need is FF5, but I had all the other big ones out of the way... Until X4 exploded. 

I really don't want to pay these prices for a book I de-prioritized for years.  I'm getting close enough that I feel pretty content with where I am and if I never get FF5 or X4 I'm ok with it. I would love to own then, but they've just gotten away from me this last year. 

8 hours ago, Readcomix said:

! I forgot he’s in 134, and sure had my chronology mixed up on Surfer 1 and Thor 160. And I don’t know know that I have ever read DD 37! doh!

I didn't remember DD 37, either.

9 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I've been working on completing 1 - 5 of all the major marvel SA keys. 

I'm pretty close. The biggest book I need is FF5, but I had all the other big ones out of the way... Until X4 exploded. 

I really don't want to pay these prices for a book I de-prioritized for years.  I'm getting close enough that I feel pretty content with where I am and if I never get FF5 or X4 I'm ok with it. I would love to own then, but they've just gotten away from me this last year. 

Between ASM, FF, Hulk and now X Men that is no easy task. I have FF 2-4, X Men 4 and 5, Hulk 3-5, and no ASM under 6 so I'm certainly lacking some high dollar issues:tonofbricks: