• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, dpiercy said:

Not really, they just leave it to the imagination, that after hundreds of years, he does actually age, albeit much slower than regular people. I find this much more realistic than Wolverine being truly immortal, like a vampire or something.

It's unrealistic to think Wolverine doesn't age because of his healing factor. Wouldn't he have remained a baby if that were the case? I always thought the healing factor just made him age at a much slower rate.

On 3/5/2017 at 2:22 PM, Bosco685 said:

Very strong results from the International Box Office, including a big China opening.

rJdnQqh.jpg

I6dmy4F.png

Go Logan!

:banana:

The final number are not even in yet, and yet International Box Office is reflecting $159MM in place of $152.6MM.

:whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe:

7 hours ago, dpiercy said:

Not really, they just leave it to the imagination, that after hundreds of years, he does actually age, albeit much slower than regular people. I find this much more realistic than Wolverine being truly immortal, like a vampire or something.

Didn't they say he had been poisoned years prior and it was slowly killing him?

10 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

She out-Wolverine'd Wolverine with the brooding faces and fierce scowls while sinking her claws into dudes.  Don't want to encounter this tyke in a dark alley.  :fear:

logan-director-james-mangold-wants-to-ma

Totally! I've never been so scared of a little girl in all my life. She even has those raised Wolverine brows. 

Edited by Darkowl

9 hours ago, dpiercy said:

I can't stop thinking about the movie!!! So aaaaaaawwwwweeeeesooooome!!!

I know what you mean. It's been on my mind ever since I saw it last Friday. I almost broke into tears again just thinking about one scene in particular. I don't cry at movies, and it's rare when a film sticks with me for this long. This film has permanently changed my perspective towards the X-Men. 

Edited by Darkowl

50 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

I know what you mean. It's been on my mind ever since I saw it last Friday. I almost broke into tears again just thinking about one scene in particular. I don't cry at movies, and it's rare when a film sticks with me for this long. This film has permanently changed my perspective towards the X-Men. 

I've been tempted to go back and watch it again. Even more than how I felt about Deadpool.

:o

43 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I've been tempted to go back and watch it again. Even more than how I felt about Deadpool.

:o

I saw it twice :) It's good both times! When I first saw it, it seemed while seldom that some of the talking parts were mumbled. I could still make it out, but when I saw it the second time, I confirmed what I thought I heard......

Saw it again tonight.   I don't often see a movie twice on the big screen but made an exception this time.

Loved it the first time and thought it was even better the second time.  Yes, it's dark but I think it's my favorite superhero movie period.   While it had tons of great action it ultimately relies on a deep, well crafted story rich in characterization and emotion

3 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Saw it again tonight.   I don't often see a movie twice on the big screen but made an exception this time.

Loved it the first time and thought it was even better the second time.  Yes, it's dark but I think it's my favorite superhero movie period.   While it had tons of great action it ultimately relies on a deep, well crafted story rich in characterization and emotion

Agree completely.

A fantastic story, with great character.

I look forward to seeing this again (and again). It grabbed me from beginning to end by which time I was emotionally exhausted. There are so many aspects of this movie to praise, from it's direction, writing, acting, cinematography etc. It has raised the bar to where other movies could only hope to equal it, and then only by remembering to tell a good story. Is it just me or am I the only one feeling like this wasn't a superhero movie. I will add... Wow!

40 minutes ago, Mr Sneeze said:

Is it just me or am I the only one feeling like this wasn't a superhero movie.

Wishful thinking.  People who have no ability to suspend their disbelief absolutely would not enjoy this film given the extreme injury Wolverine and X-24 survive and the insane fighting ability of a twelve-year old X-23.  That's all kick-arse to me though.  :headbang:

For those wondering about taking their wives/gf or their kids, note that the movie is pretty violent, in many cases jarringly so.  I found it to be effective and appropriate and something I had looked forward to after many 'tame' Wolvie appearances, but after a while it was too much for my wife.  She still enjoyed the movie, but after a while I think the brutality had diminishing returns for her.  Just something to consider for those who haven't seen it...

8 minutes ago, revat said:

For those wondering about taking their wives/gf or their kids, note that the movie is pretty violent, in many cases jarringly so.  I found it to be effective and appropriate and something I had looked forward to after many 'tame' Wolvie appearances, but after a while it was too much for my wife.  She still enjoyed the movie, but after a while I think the brutality had diminishing returns for her.  Just something to consider for those who haven't seen it...

The violence was intense.  I watched my wife cover her eyes multiple times.  Even so, she liked the film.  It earned it's R-rating that's for sure.  I'm not sure I would feel comfortable taking a 15 year old to the film....

Just now, piper said:

The violence was intense.  I watched my wife cover her eyes multiple times.  Even so, she liked the film.  It earned it's R-rating that's for sure.  I'm not sure I would feel comfortable taking a 15 year old to the film....

The guy sitting next to me had his 5-6 yo son with him. They left half way through. Not sure if it was because of that, but if so, he should have done his research beforehand.