• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

Stallone's 70 already, but I suppose that with the de-aging software which was used on Michael Douglas in Ant-Man he could continue to play Starhawk for quite some time yet. Not something that appeals to me, but possible.

15 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Stallone's 70 already, but I suppose that with the de-aging software which was used on Michael Douglas in Ant-Man he could continue to play Starhawk for quite some time yet. Not something that appeals to me, but possible.

They'd need to de-brain him as well.

21 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Stallone is the old version of the character. I was wondering if they were going to do Guardians prequels now that they introduced us to the characters, which then would give them a long runway without worrying about older cast members.

50 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Stallone is the old version of the character. I was wondering if they were going to do Guardians prequels now that they introduced us to the characters, which then would give them a long runway without worrying about older cast members.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh....gigiddy!!! I hope you're right! That would be sweet.

Saw it tonight with some friends and it's gets the (thumbsu will take the wife and kids this weekend and see what they think

Just got back from seeing this...awesome friggin' movie!

Just as good as the first with even more humor.

Cannot wait until we can talk about this spoiler free...James Gunn is a damn liar!

Spoiler

Ego as a planet was amazing and the confirmed nod to Adam Warlock was great!

On 5/1/2017 at 5:58 PM, Bill C said:

The sequel was pretty thin on story. It focused more on character/relationship development- the natural development you would expect for these characters after the first one. So while nothing surprising happened with the relationship development, it was something that was good to see IMO.

Thought they could have used a better villain honestly. And the villain and a major supporting character/thorn in the team's side had basically the same plan.

I really agree with this.

I just didn't love this movie and I thought a lot of the jokes were really lame, Drax was really funny though.

I had high hopes for this one but it is awful - 5/10.

There's no real plot until

Spoiler

the end, when Ego reveals his true intentions.

It's hard to believe it's made by the same people who did GOTG 1 as it feels so forced - like an incompetent writer & director tried to copy the original but got nearly every decision wrong. They went overkill on average songs, many jokes were unfunny, embarrassingly & cringingly so on quite a few occasions, like an old uncle trying to get down with the cool kids, and it was ridiculously sentimental without making any emotional impact. 

Seeing the Celestial destroy the planet was one of the coolest bits of GOTG 1 so why.......

Spoiler

make Ego a Celestial, he's a living planet which is cool in itself. I hope they haven't screwed up using the real Celestials in future as that would be one of the best cosmic storylines they could do.

Edited by r100comics

3 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Saw it tonight.  Thought the story was weak but did laugh a lot.  7 out of 10 for me

One of the aspects of the first film that I appreciated the most and something which carried the Deadpool film as well, despite its fairly basic and weak story.  It would be disappointing if the humour falls flat for me when I watch GOTG 2 on Monday.

Saw it last night(the missus is a baby Groot fan) and thought it was good. Weak story, but lotsa easter eggs and cameos. Only question is...

Spoiler

why not make Russell The Gardener instead of Ego? Infinity stone in the noggin.

Tickets, popcorn, ice, and some candy...about 50$ for two people.  Well spent for a fun evening(thumbsu

No, it's not better than the first movie (but that's a pretty high bar).  There's a lot of fun moments (Drax is hilarious). I left the theatre feeling good...didn't feel cheated or disappointed.

The end credits were also pretty cool.  I had to explain two of them to my friend because she didn't understand the significance of them.  We all enjoy that "I know more than you" moment:bigsmile:

Overall...8.5 (worth seeing again, worth buying the DVD to add to the collection)

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Tickets, popcorn, ice, and some candy...about 50$ for two people.  Well spent for a fun evening(thumbsu

No, it's not better than the first movie (but that's a pretty high bar).  There's a lot of fun moments (Drax is hilarious). I left the theatre feeling good...didn't feel cheated or disappointed.

The end credits were also pretty cool.  I had to explain two of them to my friend because she didn't understand the significance of them.  We all enjoy that "I know more than you" moment:bigsmile:

Overall...8.5 (worth seeing again, worth buying the DVD to add to the collection)

I effing loved this movie. So much fun! And the 3D rocked as well. We Gotta Wham... Bam....Shang-A-Lang a la la la la LAaaaa!

Edited by Rip

I saw both Guardian of the Galaxies I & II as part of a double feature, both in 3D.  My wife and I had a great time, as well as the packed theater, based on the cheers, laughs, and applause throughout the movie.  I would say the first movie was slightly better, but this one was every bit as enjoyable.  I think I enjoyed the opening more than any other part of the movie.

Box Office Mojo confirmed the production budget is $200MM, which is $32MM less than what the first movie costs. And it has already exceeded $167MM just in International Box Office early numbers.

Sounds like a massive hit ahead from these early indicators.

"I'm Marry Poppins Ya'll!"...put it on a t-shirt and I'm in. So hilarious! 

My 8 and 9 year old boys love it. A little more cussing than I'd have liked for those two, but whatever. I loved it. I agree, I didn't like it as much as #1, but it was damn good. A few of the jokes fell flat and some of them were just forced, but overall a very funny movie.

Edited by AGGIEZ