• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWBN 32 CLUB
9 9

334 posts in this topic

wwbn32%20001_zps87srikb5.jpg

I am surprised CGC gave 9.8 for this copy despite two stress marks that broke the color.

If those two stress marks were literally the only defects on the book, then what should the grade have been?

I am surprised CGC gave 9.8 for this copy despite two stress marks that broke the color.

If those two stress marks were literally the only defects on the book, then what should the grade have been?

9.4/9.6 - basically 0.2/0.3 per mark.

I have noticed this summer that CGC is being lenient with creases. Check out the SC #22 6.0 in the current Heritage November Signature Auction as a prime example of this.

There is one mark, the other is an illusion caused by the slab. The one that looks like it breaks color is not a break, but an area lacking color. You see this on many copies that are high grade. Since they all seem to be I. The same spot CGC could consider it a production issue.

My raw copy

WerewolfbyNight32.jpg

I have three stress lines on my copy (one that is visible on scan, two that are very, very tiny) and that is it, I wonder what grade CGC would give me for this copy hm

Looks 9.2/9.4 to me.

Closer to a 9.6, with a 9.8 shot. 9.8's can have a flaw, that's why they aren't 9.9's or 10's.

Jim

Can someone please educate me on why this book is hot?

It makes no sense.

I am not saying this isn't a good book, but rather nothing about this character has heated up to make the book x4 over night.

You mean besides being a great character,tough in high grade,possible Netflix show, or just an awesome bronze age key. There's nothing special about this book. (shrug)

It makes no sense.

I am not saying this isn't a good book, but rather nothing about this character has heated up to make the book x4 over night.

You mean besides being a great character,tough in high grade,possible Netflix show, or just an awesome bronze age key. There's nothing special about this book. (shrug)

Dave I am going to yell at you at Terry's show. :baiting:

See bold.

There is no news on a Netflix TV show what so ever.

No reason this book should have x4 in value over night.

I got a weak CGC 9.8 on WWBN #32 a year and half ago and barely got over 2k for it.

It makes sense why ASM 129 is heating up and SW #1, just saying what is so special about WWBN #32 all of a sudden.

I have no answer. (shrug)

It makes no sense.

See bold.

I got a weak CGC 9.8 on WWBN #32 a year and half ago and barely got over 2k for it.

It makes sense why ASM 129 is heating up and SW #1, just saying what is so special about WWBN #32 all of a sudden.

I can't wait to meet you. :applause:

It makes no sense.

See bold.

Dave do you seriously not know who I am?

See my sig line.

It makes no sense.

See bold.

Dave do you seriously not know who I am?

See my sig line.

On sheit John,sorry. There are so many new people around these days,and I'm obviously not very good with all the name changes. Sorry about that.

Edited by oakman29

It makes no sense.

See bold.

I think you're pissed because you barely got 2k.

Anyways, I think MoonKnight a a character like many other characters has a good back story other than being a lunatic superhero and that he could very possibly be a new favourite (like Deadpool who was a complete unknown to 90% of humans till the movie announced) and the price will skyrocket.

Overall I think he has potential.

It makes no sense.

See bold.

Anyways, I think MoonKnight a a character like many other characters has a good back story other than being a lunatic superhero and that he could very possibly be a new favourite (like Deadpool who was a complete unknown to 90% of humans till the movie announced) and the price will skyrocket.

No honestly that is not the reason.

If we are going on just potential then the bubble could burst.

At least with SW #1 there are movies now till kingdom come, etc....

Again I am merely trying to understand why.

Comic are my business and I can't tell anyone with any certainty why this book exploded like it did.

I am back in the club with this copy I picked up at my LCS for $50.00 canadian ( about $38.00 USD )

I'm a very jealous man. Although I've ran into enough good deals during my years as a collector that I'm always very happy for someone to stumble upon a good deal. Congrats!

I do agree with SPECTRE_nWo in the feeling that this book is totally overhyped. Is it a kickass bronze age book with an underutilized character? Absolutely.

Is it worth more than a plethora of other bronze age gems such as TOD10/MS5/HOS92/HFH1? That's for you to decide.

I'm not pretending to be an expert who knows the census numbers, but I think Ghost Rider has a lot more going for him than Moon Knight. At this point you'd expect Moon Knight to have as much exposure and popularity as the Punisher since their books are almost equal in price now, at least in lower grades.

It makes no sense.

See bold.

I don't think my sale is an anomaly (call it an educated hunch). I think the next 9.8 white pager will get almost the same money.