• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

Just saw it, while it was entertaining and had some great parts, I still came away thinking that besides wonder woman, dc still can't make a good superhero movie.

I feel I have to blame the director because he can't seem to let go of the slow motion, overly grandiose, and "look at me I'm so serious I take myself serious, pretentious style that works for music videos and certain movies like 300.  

Marvel Cinematic and Wonder Woman worked so well because they prioritize creating a good movie that will appeal to a broad audience.  They're not trying to as we say in the art field "self service" ourselves with our artwork.

I'm sure the Snyderverse would be great if you turned off the sound and just play some loud music.

Anyways I think it's worth seeing if you care about the characters.  And thankfully it was a step up from the last x2 he made.

Edited by Knightsofold

Now THAT was a fun movie!

:whee:

And when Lois Lane reads that closing statement in the end, the audience actually applauded. I haven't been at a movie this year when the audience applauded like that.

:applause:

Man, they sure cut some scenes into the film where you could tell there were new ideas. Even more than BvS. But again - THAT was fun!

:whee::whee::whee:

The team coming together and their personality differences learning how to mesh together made this so great to see on film. And Steppenwolf was not that horrible. The mistake they made was no real message beforehand why he was doing the things he did, leading to a later larger threat.

I agree with folks on the credit scenes. The first one is a nice callback to the old comics. Nothing more. But that second one - WOW!!!

The second act battle scene between the Justice League and that extremely powerful dude was great!!

Spoiler

Clark tore through them all like they were next to nothing. When Batman said to bring in the big guns, I figured it was going to be the Flying Fox loaded with Kryptonite rounds. Not Lois. That was such a cool scene.

Aquaman giving that pre-battle talk where he shared all his thoughts and expectations...

Spoiler

That HAD to be where Joss Whedon came in. The audience laughed out loud when he realized he was sitting on Diana's Lasso of Truth.

Nice touch!!

Edited by Bosco685

20 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Now THAT was a fun movie!

:whee:

And when Lois Lane reads that closing statement in the end, the audience actually applauded. I haven't been at a movie this year when the audience applauded like that.

:applause:

Man, they sure cut some scenes into the film where you could tell there were new ideas. Even more than BvS. But again - THAT was fun!

:whee::whee::whee:

The team coming together and their personality differences learning how to mesh together made this so great to see on film. And Steppenwolf was not that horrible. The mistake they made was no real message beforehand why he was doing the things he did, leading to a later larger threat.

I agree with folks on the credit scenes. The first one is a nice callback to the old comics. Nothing more. But that second one - WOW!!!

so what's your score and compare it to the DC and then Marvel movies

3 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

so what's your score and compare it to the DC and then Marvel movies

I'll leave that to experts like Gatsby and paperheart. And those concerned with too much Marvel love.

:baiting:

I can sit back comfortable there is no train wreck here. Just a really fun production that could have been better packaged up to be a great movie.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I'll leave that to experts like Gatsby and paperheart. And those concerned with too much Marvel love.

I can sit back comfortable there is no train wreck here. Just a really fun production that could have been better packaged up to be a great movie.

The major question we all want to know. What was better?

BvS or Justice League?

:smile:

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I was being serious. I really want to know where you put it. I'm not sure why Paperheart thought i was poking fun

1 minute ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The major question we all want to know. What was better?

BvS or Justice League?

:smile:

Justice League!

So much entertainment throughout. And hope throughout how this will lead to much more. They drive that point home in the end.

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I was being serious. I really want to know where you put it. I'm not sure why Paperheart thought i was poking fun

Man of Steel

Wonder Woman

Justice League

Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut

Suicide Squad as a guilty pleasure

Easily a 7.0/10.0 movie with the heart of a 9.0 film.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Justice League!

So much entertainment throughout. And hope throughout how this will lead to much more. They drive that point home in the end.

I am glad to hear it. This move does sound pretty fun, and I can't wait to see it. I also heard Superman is really a bad arse in this.  I wish DC played him up more in the trailers.

Just now, ComicConnoisseur said:

I am glad to hear it. This move does sound pretty fun, and I can't wait to see it. I also heard Superman is really a bad arse in this.  I wish DC played him up more in the trailers.

Spoiler

Trust me. Better WB hits you with surprises in this film.

I saw it today, felt a little lost on it. There's too much to the story needing me to have seen previous movies. While I haven't seen those movies, I could piece it together, but I took friends that I new didn't have a clue...

I still liked it; although, I had seen the cartoon on Netflix that had the exact same story but with green lantern in it as well. 

Only one thing really bugged me:

Spoiler

So when Flash goes out to start rescuing the civilians, he easily has a several minute head start on Superman (and you have to assume Flash is running as fast as he can since there are people in danger), yet Superman catches up to him almost instantly.

So that should say right there that Superman is faster, yet as the same time Flash was able to dodge Superman several times when they were 'fighting'

Very small annoyance but an annoyance none the less.