• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with X-Force #1?
1 1

255 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, jokiing said:

Sorry, I wasn't  clear... The lines were only on the front... all 20 backs are clear of defect/damage.... Wonder if the defect varied by region?.... or would they all have been printed and bagged in one place? Mine were picked up in So California... Bags are marked, Printed in Canada (assuming that's just the bag?)

The indica will tell you were they were printed. Most of the Big 2 are printed in Canada as far as I know.

19 hours ago, jokiing said:

Art criticism aside, I see a line through the "X" and the lower part of the green belt

Indeed, that is hardly visible here. That's what all the beeyotching is about? The Poly bag seam is much more bothersome to me.

On 9/18/2017 at 10:18 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Yup out of 550 graded only 50 came out 9.8

The 2nd print in comparison: 50 9.8 out of 80

I have two questions:

1. How can you tell when it is a 1st print versus a second print (besides the sealed bag)? I am going through all of my old comics and cataloging them. DC comics are easy since 2nd, 3rd, etc. prints have the Roman Numerals on the front. I can't figure out how to tell with Marvel comics. The newer ones have the bar code with the 5-digit code that shows what print they are but pre-circa-1993 Marvel comics do not have this.

2. I have 5 sealed 1st print; one with each card. I know they are legit because I am the one who bought them from the comic store back in 1991. Funny thing is that I remember buying them because they were in the bargain bin (which is why I bought 5 copies). I remember picking up a bunch of sealed comics I had never heard of with cards, posters, etc. thinking they may be worth something someday (Blood Syndicate, Hardware, Ghost Rider, and The Amazing Spider-man Annual #27). I remember leaving the store and feeling kind of stupid for buying comics I had never heard of just because they were cheap! They have been sitting in a box since I bought them.

2a. What is the best way to sell them?

I appreciate any insight. Thank you.

13 hours ago, Uriah said:

I have two questions:

1. How can you tell when it is a 1st print versus a second print (besides the sealed bag)? I am going through all of my old comics and cataloging them. DC comics are easy since 2nd, 3rd, etc. prints have the Roman Numerals on the front. I can't figure out how to tell with Marvel comics. The newer ones have the bar code with the 5-digit code that shows what print they are but pre-circa-1993 Marvel comics do not have this.

2. I have 5 sealed 1st print; one with each card. I know they are legit because I am the one who bought them from the comic store back in 1991. Funny thing is that I remember buying them because they were in the bargain bin (which is why I bought 5 copies). I remember picking up a bunch of sealed comics I had never heard of with cards, posters, etc. thinking they may be worth something someday (Blood Syndicate, Hardware, Ghost Rider, and The Amazing Spider-man Annual #27). I remember leaving the store and feeling kind of stupid for buying comics I had never heard of just because they were cheap! They have been sitting in a box since I bought them.

Well, with X-Force 1, it's easy to tell the second prints: they're gold.

17 hours ago, Uriah said:

I have two questions:

Welcome to the boards Uriah (as in "July Morning" Uriah?)

Your bagged x-force with cards are the 1st prints

id hate to say but unless they grade 9.8 than the market for them is pretty bad

best way to sell is on eBay/amazon but don't expect to get much 

best

a&l

On 8/24/2018 at 11:34 AM, joecgcmaniac said:

The printing defect is right in front of you. It's the fact that the printer's printed that carppy artwork.  :baiting:

:acclaim:

Amen.. Its bad all over..   But cables hands and gun are something else..

Like the hands and forearms shrunk and just fused together with the gun somehow warping in over them 

Edited by MGH

2 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

9.8's are now going for under $100 with one on Comiclink ending at $65.  All is now right with the world.

Looks like the latest are $140+. The $66 was an auction. Probably not the best way to sell this book.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=x-force+1+9.8+cgc&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

26 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Looks like the latest are $140+. The $66 was an auction. Probably not the best way to sell this book.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=x-force+1+9.8+cgc&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

I've eyed this book, is 1st print not preferred? Mostly 2nd prints is all I see... on the bay at least....

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've eyed this book, is 1st print not preferred? Mostly 2nd prints is all I see... on the bay at least....

Not sure what you mean. My link should take you to sold listings for X-Force #1 CGC 9.8 with the results I listed.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Not sure what you mean. My link should take you to sold listings for X-Force #1 CGC 9.8 with the results I listed.

lol I looked at the first sold listing, which was the X-force Dell Otto :sorry: I was following the conversation and was ??? wondering how it fit, I see the X-force your talking about now (thumbsu