• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,047 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2018 at 9:11 PM, Moetown said:

Picked these up recently in a 600/700 book all-DC OO collection: 

books pic-3b.jpg

books pic-2.jpg

books pic-1.jpg

:whatthe:

Just now, porcupine48 said:

Very nice Gene!I have a first ed. of that,but i'm really grooving on the 15cent price on yours!

Thank you Jimmers! We should start a club! It's HRN 20 (3rd edition) but I don't get what's up with the Canada only cover pricing. Unless the third was exclusively for the Canadian market? (shrug) But the indicia is Long Island Independent publishing, not a Toronto address. All I know is even as a third Ed, it's a 1944 (not 1947, are you llistening, Eerie #1? :baiting:) full horror comic. Yours would be a 1943. :headbang:

5 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Thank you Jimmers! We should start a club! It's HRN 20 (3rd edition) but I don't get what's up with the Canada only cover pricing. Unless the third was exclusively for the Canadian market? (shrug) But the indicia is Long Island Independent publishing, not a Toronto address. All I know is even as a third Ed, it's a 1944 (not 1947, are you llistening, Eerie #1? :baiting:) full horror comic. Yours would be a 1943. :headbang:

It's a tuff book!Love mine,the purple in his cape and coat almost reflect metallic!I've been putting together a run of HRN originals of the horror Classics(this one,Frankenstein,3Mysteries ect) and it's been very difficult.When my camera to PC doohickey gets replaced i'll post a pic of my #13.Looking at the run down of Classics in Overstreet gives me brainthrobs lol .If yours is the Can.Ed. it's even cooler in my eyes!

18 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

It's a tuff book!Love mine,the purple in his cape and coat almost reflect metallic!I've been putting together a run of HRN originals of the horror Classics(this one,Frankenstein,3Mysteries ect) and it's been very difficult.When my camera to PC doohickey gets replaced i'll post a pic of my #13.Looking at the run down of Classics in Overstreet gives me brainthrobs lol .If yours is the Can.Ed. it's even cooler in my eyes!

That's just it, I'm not sure if its Can. Ed. But what other reason would there be for a book to bear an "in Canada" price as its sole price? I always thoug Canadian eds had a Toronto address in the indicia. Perhaps these early ones pre-date acquisition of a Canadian business address by the publisher?

54 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

That's just it, I'm not sure if its Can. Ed. But what other reason would there be for a book to bear an "in Canada" price as its sole price? I always thoug Canadian eds had a Toronto address in the indicia. Perhaps these early ones pre-date acquisition of a Canadian business address by the publisher?

I know a bit about Canadian eds,but not this knowledge..maybe @eccomic or @Moondog would know?Betcha if you posted it in gold someone could tell us.