• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,168 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

As to the disappearing listings, eBay is starting another new thing. doh!  something about if you don't do something, or join something or something else...your listings will be hard to find, so maybe they are practicing.

Hi Sha. I don't think it's a Beta test, I think it's a genuine glitch. As I just mentioned to 1cool, It's not that the new listings are hard to find, it's that they only visible and accessible though the "My Selling" page. For example, I have 51 items listed. Let's say the one I listed yesterday was Iron Man #55. If I search for Iron Man #55, I get dozens of listings but not mine.  If i go to one of my other listings and click on "See other items," "Iron Man #55 is not there, just my other 50 listings.

As far as doing new ebay things, I always jump through the hoops as painful as they are.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Possibly a couple early on at the $40 & $50 range. But nothing suspicious that I see in the last 3 days.

I was talking to a seller about their item and they asked if I could search some of their other listings. They were having the same problem. They had to call multiple times I believe.

Tx!

4 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

It's not that the new listings have no views, it's that they only visible and accessible though the 'My Selling" page. For example, I have 51 items listed. Let's say the one I listed yesterday was Iron Man #55. If I search for Iron Man #55, I get dozens of listing but not mine.  If i go to one of my other listings and click on "See other items," "Iron Man #55 is not there, just my other 50 listings.

I agree.  I did searches for my own books and they do not show up and there are not that many Wolverine Limited Series and X-Men 130 listed today so I couldn't have missed them.  Pisses me off when E-bay collects my store fees no problem but these glitches seem to pop up way too often.

19 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I agree.  I did searches for my own books and they do not show up and there are not that many Wolverine Limited Series and X-Men 130 listed today so I couldn't have missed them.  Pisses me off when E-bay collects my store fees no problem but these glitches seem to pop up way too often.

I just did a search for your items by seller. I see a bunch of new listings from 8/28, and one from 8/29, a New Mutants 28. No Wolverine Limited Series or X-Men 130.

7 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

I just did a search for your items by seller. I see a bunch of new listings from 8/28, and one from 8/29, a New Mutants 28. No Wolverine Limited Series or X-Men 130.

Scary.  Wonder where they are stored since I can see them and I did get a single view on a couple items so I'm assuming they are only viewable if you are in my store looking around. 

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Scary.  Wonder where they are stored since I can see them and I did get a single view on a couple items so I'm assuming they are only viewable if you are in my store looking around. 

No, they are not.

8 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm going to find that sellers info page, I was seeing red when I read it;) 

I'm sure Richard is correct and it's a glitch.

Meanwhile they are promoting like crazy...there is another eBay bucks award.

https://www.ebay.com/

You mean this info page?

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-fall/index.html

Lotsa yuks.

17 hours ago, Pontoon said:

No, they are not.

Looks like it was a temporary glitch since I see them now and got a decent number of views overnight.  Hope yours got resolved also.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Looks like it was a temporary glitch since I see them now and got a decent number of views overnight.  Hope yours got resolved also.

It did, sometime late afternoon/early evening. I logged in last night and saw one of the "invisible" books I listed had sold, and the other listing was now appearing as normal either by a search or through my other items.

On 8/25/2018 at 9:16 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

hm

General question to all: isn't kermitspadcomics one of the well known serial overgraders on eBay...?

I seem to remember they are. Have they cleaned up their ways...?

The last time I saw one of their books (within the last couple of months) it was horribly overgraded

I'm sure there is nothing I can do about this except just let you guys know to never allow tenofusvsyou ever buy from you on ebay.  Long story short I sold an ASM 301 to this low life.  I had a cancellation on a 101 so I did in fact screw up and firgot to ship it.  7 days later I was given a negative comment.  I contacted him and explained what happened and told him the book was shipped.  He got it so 3 days after that I asked if he would remove the feedback.   He said give me $15 bucks and I'll remove it.  I said no, contacted ebay showing them the bribe remark from him and they removed it.  He then filed a claim saying it was damaged and wanted a$15 partial refund.  Obviously he was just mad that I didnt take the bribe.   I contacted ebay and they said there is no way to prove it wasnt damaged so they granted him the return.  I was like whatever just send it back and get this over with.  Well this is what I got today.

20180901_102634.jpg

20180901_102639.jpg

20180901_102658.jpg

Edited by DiamondCityComics

10 minutes ago, DiamondCityComics said:

I'm sure there is nothing I can do about this except just let you guys know to never allow tenofusvsyou ever buy from you on ebay.  Long story short I sold an ASM 301 to this low life.  I had a cancellation on a 101 so I did in fact screw up and firgot to ship it.  7 days later I was given a negative comment.  I contacted him and explained what happened and told him the book was shipped.  He got it so 3 days after that I asked if he would remove the feedback.   He said give me $15 bucks and I'll remove it.  I said no, contacted ebay showing them the bribe remark from him and they removed it.  He then filed a claim saying it was damaged and wanted a$15 partial refund.  Obviously he was just mad that I didnt take the bribe.   I contacted ebay and they said there is no way to prove it wasnt damaged so they granted him the return.  I was like whatever just send it back and get this over with.  Well this is what I got today.

20180901_102634.jpg

20180901_102639.jpg

20180901_102658.jpg

Yikes, that is out and out theft, I hope you contact eBay and show them that and Paypal and the local authorities.

1 hour ago, DiamondCityComics said:

20180901_102634.jpg

20180901_102639.jpg

20180901_102658.jpg

Wow

Hello fellow boardies. I've got an Indian buyer raising red flags this morning. He was the high bidder on a Blu-Ray set I'm selling and then messaged me saying he lives in India and wants to ship to his friend's in Oregon. I told him I'd ship to any verified PayPal and eBay address. He seems to have met that condition when making payment. He's also had a few oddball questions he's sent my way throughout this whole process. Like asking me if the set is for Blu-Ray when it's plastered all over the listing and some issues with payment. Even though I may be protected, the fact he told me he lives in India and wants me to ship elsewhere makes me uneasy. I'd rather cancel the transaction than deal with a potential chargeback dispute if his "friend" doesn't ship the item. Anyone here deal with anything similar?

20180901_102634.jpg

20180901_102639.jpg

20180901_102658.jpg

That's ballsy. 

8 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That's ballsy. 

Hard to believe someone could be that pathetic but that's the world we live in.    I contacted Ebay and they are not taking money from me but unfortunately they said he may get his money back from them.  Shouldn't annoy me as much as it is but here's hoping he gets his eventually!!!

Hard to believe someone could be that pathetic but that's the world we live in.    I contacted Ebay and they are not taking money from me but unfortunately they said he may get his money back from them.  Shouldn't annoy me as much as it is but here's hoping he gets his eventually!!!

I know some people are opposed to this, but if you make a detailed explanation of the facts, I don't think it would be a problem to expose this guy's name, at the very least.

Sending you back a photocopied cover on an Archie comic crosses the line quite neatly into fraud.

10 hours ago, DiamondCityComics said:

Can you share his name here?