• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,168 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

no it's a boardies' books, he showed us them in the asm 300 thread maybe a month ago...

I'm surprised he is "selling them" or that he is trying, best of luck though :) 

nobody on Earth with 350k to spare would spend it on those three books... even 100 years from now that price will be to high .....

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

nobody on Earth with 350k to spare would spend it on those three books... even 100 years from now that price will be to high .....

How much do you think this set would sell for at auction?

There are no 10.0s, so 9.9 is the top grade.

1 of 3 existing copies of 298

1 of 3 existing copies of 299

1 of 10 existing copies of 300

This set screams bidding war to me.   It only takes 2 to tango....

On 3/26/2021 at 1:57 PM, speedcake said:

I'd suggest to them a business 101 class, too but they'd just chalk that up to "bad advice" and go on doing their thing. It's funny seeing the reason we have an ebay gonna ebay thread post in the ebay gonna ebay thread.

i must have missed that ebay class in college between micro/macro econ, finance, gaap/mgr accounting, marketing, business regulation law, cobol and scuba diving classes. i only have one widget and i dont want to build in any costs i want it in addition to the cost of the item. capish? but please continue on thinking you know who you are talking to. 

Edited by NWOslave

5 minutes ago, NWOslave said:

i must have missed that ebay class in college between micro/macro econ, finance, gaap/mgr accounting, marketing, business regulation law, cobol and scuba diving classes. i only have one widget and i dont want to build in any costs i want it in addition to the cost of the item. capish? but please continue on thinking you know who you are talking to. 

oh wow you learnt all that in skool but don't know how to build your fees into your asking price on ebay?!

I'd ask for my money back.

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

He gave you good advice, you're just not listening.

No better advice than the school of hard knocks, man.

And scuba school

Edited by Dr. Dank

2 hours ago, DR.X said:

He gave you good advice, you're just not listening.

sure i did, i didnt think it was relevant to what i was trying to accomplish. i took advice it just wasnt his and now he and you are all butthurt over it. its really sad. 

26 minutes ago, speedcake said:

Insurance on $500 at the post office is what, six bucks?

All this to avoid paying six dollars “out of pocket” :roflmao:

and shipping overnight and signature confirmation. so roughly 70$ which i dont want to have to price into the cost of the book. how hard is that to understand? im already getting nickle and dimed by feebay and paypal and want to keep as much as i can. call me greedy call me whatever i do not need you or anyone else to approve how i conduct my business i just wanted options. i got it and now you white knights are all riding in to circle the wagons. christ all mighty you all are sensitive people, get thicker skin. 

Edited by NWOslave

Sensitive people don't last longer than a few months on this board.

Saying that, neither do Richard, they generally have the entire internet to hang out in.

43 minutes ago, NWOslave said:

sure i did, i didnt think it was relevant to what i was trying to accomplish. i took advice it just wasnt his and now he and you are all butthurt over it. its really sad.

:roflmao:

Butthurt over it. LOL. What is sad you keep coming in here flapping your gums.

36 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Do ebay sellers still get paypal fees as mentioned? I thought they were taken out of the equation.

No Paypal fees since all of my comic money goes directly from E-Bay into my bank account.  But don't worry - E-Bay basically just raised their fees to be equal to what we use to give to E-Bay and Paypal separately (very slight discount).

On 3/27/2021 at 11:03 PM, NWOslave said:

your fees are the same either way, no? do you think some folks may opt out of the shipping/insurance and pick it up in person?

more expensive stuff I just build it into the price. less expensive stuff, no. and then I forget to take the "free shipping" off the next item i list and wind up accidentally selling an $8 book and including free shipping. oops.

and, fyi, folks are not impressed with the edumakation here. half the dorks here work in finance, are doctors, lawyers, or engineers. the other half are plumbers who make more than all of them.

45 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

No Paypal fees since all of my comic money goes directly from E-Bay into my bank account.  But don't worry - E-Bay basically just raised their fees to be equal to what we use to give to E-Bay and Paypal separately (very slight discount).

is this managed payments or something? i missed that class in between underwater basketweaving and underwater feminist literary theory in kollege

23 minutes ago, the blob said:

is this managed payments or something? i missed that class in between underwater basketweaving and underwater feminist literary theory in kollege

Yep - I think E-Bay is requiring it for what I've heard.  I didn't mind money going to Paypal but the managed payment does eliminate a step in terms of the money getting to my bank account.  I typically don't need the funds lightning fast so the new managed payment system is working for me.

Edited by 1Cool