• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,168 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

@Bird@littledoom that sounds good, thanks.

I'll take a few more pics and ask if he is okay with what he sees. If yes then I send, if not then I cancel.

I sent him more pics, buyer wants to cancel sale after talking to his "comic guy".

Do I cancel sale or does buyer request it through ebay - how does that work?

5 minutes ago, jcjames said:

I sent him more pics, buyer wants to cancel sale after talking to his "comic guy".

you can do it, and he can as well. just look at "view order details" and "cancel order" is right there.

2 hours ago, jcjames said:

You do it. And make sure to select Buyer asked to cancel. That’s so it doesn’t go against your seller performance ratings as a defect

Can someone verify the assumption I have that when shipping via Registered Mail, Ebay doesn't supply the option to print out a label? I have all of my listings set up to go Priority, but I wanted to change one of my listings to RM. However, I don't see that as one of the options for shipping.

22 hours ago, Gaard said:

Can someone verify the assumption I have that when shipping via Registered Mail, Ebay doesn't supply the option to print out a label? I have all of my listings set up to go Priority, but I wanted to change one of my listings to RM. However, I don't see that as one of the options for shipping.

That is due to the fact that RM has to be purchased in person at a post office.  They have a list of things that need to be followed to classify for RM ( such as the security tape) So this must be done at the post office.  

On 1/3/2021 at 9:31 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

(shrug) But how? Universal Blue? Spotted this on eBay the other day.

101.jpg

No, that is common.  That was not going to get a high grade anyway so they will normally lower the grade slightly and then write in the notes what is clearly on the cover.  The only outlier I see on this is that they identified, "Chris Claremont" which is something they normally do not do.  They will normally identify the name if it is clearly spelled out on the front cover and then "name signed" (or something like that) for signatures not so easily spelled out.

The cover should say:

6.5 "Dave Cockrum" and "Name Signed" in marker on the cover.

On 12/28/2020 at 8:13 AM, Buzzetta said:

Interesting eBay question... 

I bought five books from a comic seller on eBay. 

He messages me that the four of the five books are "out of stock" and is issuing me a refund for the four out of five books.   

The fifth book was a $5 add on that I saw and said, "why not" and threw it in the basket. 

I asked the comic seller to cancel the fifth book as it was merely an add on and I was primarily interested in the four books that he says are, "out of stock"... 

Side note... the four books that are, "out of stock" sold for 3x the value since I bought them from other sellers.  Whether or not that comes into play is unknown. 

Seller has only refunded me the money for the four books that he is out of stock and has not responded to my request to cancel the fifth book.

What steps if any would the gracious public of comics general suggest? 

If I have to 'eat' this purchase then I will suck it up... but this kind of twists me. 

You can easily get out of this....

If not, do what they do to me....just "Return" it. 

CAL who feels like in the next life he might be re-incarnated as a K-Mart Schlepper....:facepalm:

Got a question for you guys....

I just sold a book on EBay, and the buyer sent me a message informing me that he can’t pay because apparently I don’t ship to his location.  We’re both in Canada, but I just realized the listing stated local pick-up only. :facepalm:

I assume there’s an easy fix?

3 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I just sold a book on EBay, and the buyer sent me a message informing me that he can’t pay because apparently I don’t ship to his location.  We’re both in Canada, but I just realized the listing stated local pick-up only. :facepalm:

Yes just message him that 

4 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Can you invoice him with shipping?

15 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Can you invoice him with shipping?

I’m at a loss as to how to send an invoice.  My apologies for being dense....

I didn’t even realize I still had listings up 

These are the options I’m seeing....

F2822270-6088-4E88-BD43-F6EDE6A0B676.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m at a loss as to how to send an invoice.

Try logging into your eBay account on your browser and not in the app. See if they give you an option to invoice there. Alternatively since both in Canada you could just have him pay the pickup only price and suck up the postage yourself or (as a last resort) try to cancel the sale. Since the item was pick up only in the listing the fact that he can’t pick up is on him not you. You could have him request to cancel also. 

Edited by ThothAmon

11 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Try logging into your eBay account on your browser and not in the app. See if they give you an option to invoice there. Alternatively since both in Canada you could just have him pay the pickup only price and suck up the postage yourself or (as a last resort) try to cancel the sale. Since the item was pick up only in the listing the fact that he can’t pick up is on him not you. You could have him request to cancel also. 

Thanks so much.  Signing in on my browser rather than app revealed the ‘send invoice’ option. :foryou:

On 10/16/2020 at 9:21 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

Ebay auction says "book is from my personal collection". Do some people pull books from other people's collection and put them up for sale? Is the book worth more if you buy it from the actual owner? Is this statement as useless as "estate sale find"?

i use this in mine. are you more likely to buy a used car if it is advertised as having one owner or 10? of course i also add "been bagged and boarded since purchase and stored in long box". i think it gives a seller the impression they are dealing with a real person or fellow collector not just some faceless impersonal online store front. my books dont smell dusty musty like they have been in a back room storage depot.