This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
25 25

5,512 posts in this topic

@STORMSHADOW_80

I am looking for one or two Black Major Joe repros.

I am looking for the Snake Eyes II Animation Color Variant or his Snake Eyes II All Blue Variant.  I don't want the ones with the Cobra sigils.  

Oh and you are a bad influence.  I've been selling a lot of my Joes and putting the money toward other things... I wound up picking up the 50th Dusty Blue Fatigues figure, (which I have owned before at some point) and a Pursuit of Cobra Beachhead, (which I also once owned.)

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-gif.gif?fi

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

3F6BF17E-5047-41CF-A799-141933E65A50.thumb.jpeg.adf4a8c0959b0301ef4acb867cfc1f74.jpeg

I figured I’d better get this set before it’s retired. 

It's really a great set.  I said the same.  Since it was put into production I have never seen it on sale like some of the other Slave-1's.  I have had every single iteration of that set except for the UCS and this version was so good I sold off all the others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

It's really a great set.  I said the same.  Since it was put into production I have never seen it on sale like some of the other Slave-1's.  I have had every single iteration of that set except for the UCS and this version was so good I sold off all the others. 

I’m really happy with this set. I was able to put it together in one night. I also really like the beautiful mini figure selection, such detail! I’ve  really gotten back into LEGO due to the pandemic, I live really close to a Wal-Mart, but rarely went before the world shut down. Since it’s close and groceries are essential, and a toy there’s a toy section... Now I have most of the Episode 9 sets. 

Back to the Slave I, it’s probably going to be my favorite out of all the sets I’ve purchased so far. I do have a few gripes thou, those light brown circular pieces fall off easily next to the handle on the back of the set and the clear cockpit piece got scratched up big time in the polybag, but that’s all I can complain about. 

Question, since you had all the other versions, is the carbonate block piece that came in the 20th anniversary set the same piece that came with all the others versions? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

I’m really happy with this set. I was able to put it together in one night. I also really like the beautiful mini figure selection, such detail! I’ve  really gotten back into LEGO due to the pandemic, I live really close to a Wal-Mart, but rarely went before the world shut down. Since it’s close and groceries are essential, and a toy there’s a toy section... Now I have most of the Episode 9 sets. 

Back to the Slave I, it’s probably going to be my favorite out of all the sets I’ve purchased so far. I do have a few gripes thou, those light brown circular pieces fall off easily next to the handle on the back of the set and the clear cockpit piece got scratched up big time in the polybag, but that’s all I can complain about. 

Question, since you had all the other versions, is the carbonate block piece that came in the 20th anniversary set the same piece that came with all the others versions? 

No.  The original one for the first two models looked like this before it was changed to the current version. 

image.png.fa87a79d82d97fa86c13564c28fcc549.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be loving under a rock to have not seen this with turbines that make a remote control car go on the wall

From 2018?

The advertisement was a lot more attractive...

Saw it during an TV show tattle tales of all things

 

Lol I'm so..... late to the part :banana:

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the ceiling?

lol blew my mind hahaha

Why not the side of buildings :roflmao:

For those inclined

Until I said creating a nuisance,  then they all moved back, and we had a fun time filling out the forms and playing with the pencils 

Alice's restaurant 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 11:46 PM, Buzzetta said:

I caved... 

I saw that Hasbro Pulse was offering a new round of pre-orders and since this was so well reviewed as a mini-masterpiece... AND I did a nice little sale tonight... 

Treat yo' Self

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-earthrise-leader-wfc-e11-optimus-prime-figure

image.thumb.png.a378adff31c7fa28d6463480e8a85fa6.png

image.thumb.png.9ce467c1091e38025795fc97eacaacdd.png

image.thumb.png.e0058898ae22e6026d79d20beb11e80f.png

I routinely remind myself that I'm "done" with new toys...but I preordered the Masterpiece Arcee because gotdang, that's gorgeous. I also ordered three War For Cybertron Quintessons, as I can't believe they're finally making them. These were my most wanted TF's as a kid. I never got around to picking up the third party Impossible Toys versions, so I had to have these. And I threw in the WFC Arcee as well.

You see, I'm a weak, weak man. 

14_2000x.jpg

E71655L00_PROD_TRA_GEN_WFC_E_VOYAGER_QUINTESSON_JUDGE_BOT_Mode_19_Online_300DPI_1400x.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

I routinely remind myself that I'm "done" with new toys...but I preordered the Masterpiece Arcee because gotdang, that's gorgeous. I also ordered three War For Cybertron Quintessons, as I can't believe they're finally making them. These were my most wanted TF's as a kid. I never got around to picking up the third party Impossible Toys versions, so I had to have these. And I threw in the WFC Arcee as well.

You see, I'm a weak, weak man. 

14_2000x.jpg

E71655L00_PROD_TRA_GEN_WFC_E_VOYAGER_QUINTESSON_JUDGE_BOT_Mode_19_Online_300DPI_1400x.jpg

Totally get that... I swore I was done with Earthrise Cliffjumper and Wheeljack... but that Optimus Prime is a junior MP as far as I’m concerned and I knew I would kick myself if I passed it a second time.

i think the only things I would look to buy now would be a new version of Kup and if they would finally do Skids in a way that is not a mess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also speaking of new toys, I finally added another to the only modern line I'm "really" collecting, DC Essentials. I'd been planning on picking this one up soon, just hadn't got around to it as they seemed plentiful. I keep a bunch of stuff in my BBTS cart and once a week or so I'll check the inventory levels to see if I need to move fast. As of a couple of weeks ago they still had plenty of these. Last night...they were all gone! And suddenly prices on eBay and Amazon (asking prices, at least) were hitting $40-$60. It's possible they'll do another run, but I'm not taking that chance. After searching all of the usual online suspects, I found they were sold out everywhere except for a local-ish Gamestop, about 20 mins away. So, I ordered him, and picked him up today.

I'm not a big fan of this character (in any of his iterations) but this is a really lovely figure. And he's the rare Essentials fig that comes with accessories (two guns, a little small, but still nicely done) and alternate hands! The paint is great, the metallic helmet really pops, he has nice holsters, etc. I really love this line. I really, really hope they give us more new characters, not just more repaints. If they keep it going, this could be the best DC line ever. Of course, being DC Direct, they'll likely choke it with repaints and then cancel it due to poor sales.

 

IMG_4882.JPG

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4887.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buzzetta said:

Totally get that... I swore I was done with Earthrise Cliffjumper and Wheeljack... but that Optimus Prime is a junior MP as far as I’m concerned and I knew I would kick myself if I passed it a second time.

i think the only things I would look to buy now would be a new version of Kup and if they would finally do Skids in a way that is not a mess. 

Ooh, yes, Kup would be a must own for me as well, love that character and design. They're really making some beautiful pieces these days, but the budget and shelves only have so much room, so I'm trying to limit myself to vintage stuff. But every once in a while, one of these beauties is going to sneak through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Ooh, yes, Kup would be a must own for me as well, love that character and design. They're really making some beautiful pieces these days, but the budget and shelves only have so much room, so I'm trying to limit myself to vintage stuff. But every once in a while, one of these beauties is going to sneak through.

I had the Third Party version of Kup called "Koot" - I bought for around $50 ? $65 ? on clearance from BBTS.  Because it arrived right before I moved into this house, I never got around to opening it as it went into my storage room to be forgotten.  When I rediscovered him, I thankfully checked eBay to see what he was going for before I opened it.

I happily took $300 and can make due with my Takara import version of the headmaster and targetmaster Kup that came out a couple of years ago. 

 

There is a market for Kup and it's too bad Takara has not realized that.  Maybe since they are doing Arcee and Rodimus / Hot Rod that they will get to Springer and Kup as well. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I had the Third Party version of Kup called "Koot" - I bought for around $50 ? $65 ? on clearance from BBTS.  Because it arrived right before I moved into this house, I never got around to opening it as it went into my storage room to be forgotten.  When I rediscovered him, I thankfully checked eBay to see what he was going for before I opened it.

I happily took $300 and can make due with my Takara import version of the headmaster and targetmaster Kup that came out a couple of years ago. 

 

There is a market for Kup and it's too bad Takara has not realized that.  Maybe since they are doing Arcee and Rodimus / Hot Rod that they will get to Springer and Kup as well. 

 

I am hopeful that Arcee (along with the Rodimus) will open the door to the classic movie lineup of characters. They'd look pretty swell together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Okay, let me ask in a different way. 

If you have sealed rarer item, but the tape is only on by 20%, do you open it or keep it sealed? 

Patrick

Do what you can to mitigate any further tape loss. Either have it graded or get a perfectly-fitted custom acrylic case so that there can't be any further movement against the tape. Personally, I would have it graded. If the tape does come loose, the AFA case/rails will keep it in place. I did this for a Zartan Swamp Skier like 16 years ago. I'm sure that the tape eventually came loose, but the case end was jammed against the tape so who knows (I sold it).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scumdolly said:

Do what you can to mitigate any further tape loss. Either have it graded or get a perfectly-fitted custom acrylic case so that there can't be any further movement against the tape. Personally, I would have it graded. If the tape does come loose, the AFA case/rails will keep it in place. I did this for a Zartan Swamp Skier like 16 years ago. I'm sure that the tape eventually came loose, but the case end was jammed against the tape so who knows (I sold it).

Funny you went the AFA route. 

Though that's not my thing, that was one of my 1st thoughts.  

Thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated. 

Patrick

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
25 25