• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,360 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, kccoig14 said:

Saw this at my LCS and just had to have it.

toxinaf.jpg

I've been on the edge of getting that for most of the last year.  The reason I didn't is it's almost entirely the same as their Monster Venom figure but with a repaint, a new head sculpt, and all of those new tendrils in his back, so it felt like too much of a re-issue to get another of the same figure since I already had Monster Venom.  But if you don't have the other versions of this one that sculpt is AMAZING, one of the best Hasbro Marvel figures they've ever made.  So much detail, so well-constructed, it's just awesome.

17 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Good luck! I still haven’t found Deathstroke, will likely have to pay up to get him. He and Red Hood seem to be the priciest, but Red Hood is a NICE figure.

Azbats is also cool, and the Batman figure is a new sculpt, I believe. The Joker, Robin and Harley are all repaints as far as I can tell, but they’re getting pricey as well, so I’d recommend grabbing them if you find them a decent price.  I went back and grabbed Bats today.

FADC7A46-F6A9-4BA9-9CFC-2F6CED774E13.jpeg

Batman looks great 👍 I like the orange/yellow packaging. 

Of course the 2 figures that I wanted most, Deathstroke and Red Hood are the priciest.

Just now, an99 said:

Batman looks great 👍 I like the orange/yellow packaging. 

Of course the 2 figures that I wanted most, Deathstroke and Red Hood are the priciest.

Yes, the color scheme is really nice. The packaging looks nice from the front, but they cheaped out a bit, as there's absolutely nothing on the back. You can tell these were sort of the last gasp from DC Direct, they were cutting corners where they could. 

I guess I'll have to just hold my nose and pay up for Deathstroke, he won't be getting cheaper. DC Direct is finished, so not only will there not be restock, but the last wave that was solicited is apparently canceled, never to see the light of day. (BBTS still shows them as available for pre-order, but most of the other retailers such as Amazon have canceled all orders. BBTS is usually the last to do so, but it's likely only a matter of time.)

The last wave of Batman the Animated Series figures (HARDAC, Grey Ghost, Scarecrow, Two Face) are selling for about $150-$200 each these days. With Deathstroke and Red Hood (and Azbats) being the last original character sculpts for the entire DCD animated line, I'd expect they'll follow suit. So I'll be getting Deathstroke sooner rather than later.

18 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Awesome, congrats! I’m the same way, something about the color scheme just makes it so cool. Paid through the nose to get mine at an auction last year, but it’s probably my favorite piece in my Joe collection. Yours looks really clean too! Enjoy!

Thanks man! I had to pay for mine too. Not the left testicle prices I see on eBay but still a good amount. Prices on this stuff is like Dark Horse Star Wars books :)

Store had this stuffed behind a bunch of junk on top of a display cabinet.  

Boxed G1 Hungrrr 

Was never a big Abominus fan, but I did like this figure.  Huge gun makes him look solid.

Head is still sealed, stickers never applied, feels like he's never been transformed.  

Last 3 images are reversed as the site keeps misorienting them.

Patrick 

20210202_222354.jpg

20210202_222440.jpg

20210202_222453.jpg

20210202_222329.jpg

20210202_222252.jpg

20210202_222302.jpg

I just came across this from four years ago.  Apparently some of the rubber parts are not only breaking down but are disintegrating the plastic they are mounted on. 

https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/139436-is-anyones-old-rotf-toys-havingerr-acidic-rubber-erosion/

Oh yeah... and Studio Series Kup came in the mail a couple of months early. 

Interesting play feature... the limbs are designed to peg on and off like that to simulate a segment in the cartoon where Kup was dismembered. 

4x9pcv.jpg.520b21d433ef1c67a4d9ab80478eedfd.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

@F For FakeI had that series of Batman movie action figures as a kid. The knife that comes with Bob is an impossibly hard piece of plastic that is LEGO-like in its "what the heck did I just step on(!)" pain department.

Delivered from Pop-In-A-Box the Agent Venom (Thunderbolts) Funko Pop. Honestly...torn on this one. I like the sculpt, but not the name. I know the Thunderbolts red suit was a thing for a minute, but considering its part of the Venom Pop series, I think it would have been better to keep this sculpt but as Agent Toxin from the Carnage (2018) comic series.

Agent Venom.jpg

Rescued these from a used book store while out running around yesterday. Plenty dusty, look like they've been sitting on a shelf for god knows how long. But at $15 each for Zee and Canary, and $8 for Scarecrow, these were a steal. Was never a huge fan of the Alex Ross stuff, but the Canary figure turned out really nice. Zatanna has some...face issues. But you gotta love those authentic fishnets on both of 'em! Man, I loved DC Direct.

IMG_9171.JPG

4 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Rescued these from a used book store while out running around yesterday. Plenty dusty, look like they've been sitting on a shelf for god knows how long. But at $15 each for Zee and Canary, and $8 for Scarecrow, these were a steal. Was never a huge fan of the Alex Ross stuff, but the Canary figure turned out really nice. Zatanna has some...face issues. But you gotta love those authentic fishnets on both of 'em! Man, I loved DC Direct.

IMG_9171.JPG

Used Bookstores Getting some LOVE :x 

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Used Bookstores Getting some LOVE :x 

We have a couple around here that are worth hitting up every once in a while. Stuff tends to either be wildly overpriced or wildly underpriced. But always worth a look.

My mom just bought a house and I went by there the other day to go check it out. I found a box in the garage that had an assortment of toys, mostly baby toys, balls and these four action figures. I have no idea what they're from. I think they were a few years before my time. My first thought was Toxic Avenger. Anyone know what these are?

20210210_173814.jpg

9 minutes ago, kccoig14 said:

My mom just bought a house and I went by there the other day to go check it out. I found a box in the garage that had an assortment of toys, mostly baby toys, balls and these four action figures. I have no idea what they're from. I think they were a few years before my time. My first thought was Toxic Avenger. Anyone know what these are?

20210210_173814.jpg

If my memory is correct most or all of them tmnt the two at the right are muckman and wyrm the extreme left dont recall name but tmnt too but i dont remember the ape one hhha memory not what you used to be....hope it was usefull(thumbsu

9 minutes ago, Namtak said:

If my memory is correct most or all of them tmnt the two at the right are muckman and wyrm the extreme left dont recall name but tmnt too but i dont remember the ape one hhha memory not what you used to be....hope it was usefull(thumbsu

Thank you! Yes that is useful. I didn't even think of TMNT. The 2nd from the right looked like the toxic avenger so that's why I was thinking that.

P.S. After looking them up I've discovered the ape is named Sgt. Bananas. Cant think of a better name for that guy. lol from L to R: Scumbag, Sgt. Bananas, Muckman, Wyrm

Edited by kccoig14
names

On 2/8/2021 at 7:39 PM, Buzzetta said:

I just came across this from four years ago.  Apparently some of the rubber parts are not only breaking down but are disintegrating the plastic they are mounted on. 

https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/139436-is-anyones-old-rotf-toys-havingerr-acidic-rubber-erosion/

I was thinking today about my old legos....  there were rubber tires on vehicles.  I know where the box is.  I'll have to spend some time this weekend digging it out.

40 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I was thinking today about my old legos....  there were rubber tires on vehicles.  I know where the box is.  I'll have to spend some time this weekend digging it out.

Some of the older triple digit number Lego sets from the late 70's and early 80's had those rubber tires as did the early technic of the time.  They have a 'different' feel but they seem to be holding up as they were very solid in nature. 

The rubber lego tires from the late 60's and early 70's have hardened and broken down.  Those were gray and I have noticed that those early sets from the 1960's demonstrate a crumbling type of disintegration where they break apart in chunks. 

2 hours ago, kccoig14 said:

20210210_173814.jpg

All 4 are TMNT:

• Scumbug
  • Sgt Bananas
  • Muckman
  • Wyrm

Patrick