• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,341 posts in this topic

Meanwhile... sold two Lego sets on Facebook as the purge continues and the focus on what is being bought tightens. 

I put up a Lego Star Wars thread before bed of 10 sets and two are already boxed up and on the bench by the door to be dropped off to the post office in the morning.   Two other sets are most likely sold.

I am loving facebook sales. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 4/16/2021 at 12:52 AM, followtheleader said:

Two items picked are related to Stomper.

One is the Mobile Force Bridge Busters Set.  The other is the Heavy Haulers Over Road Express Set. 

Both are quite large.  The Mobile Force is really huge.  

The boxes are super thin and scare me a bit.  But they came w/ the original inserts, instructions, and tiny piece parts. 

Mobile Force set has a bunch of Marx-esque army men.  

Anyway, my buddies' store is not doing so well.  Known him for 26 years.  The business employs him, his terminally ill brother, the brother's wife, and his mother.  He's always been good to me.  

That same night, the mind said I needed to donate them to him so he could make the full profit.  Though it's not a toy or even collectible store, he has a large group of us that shops there. 

At least we can look at the pics!

Patrick

20210410_183359.jpg

20210410_183320.jpg

God, I LOVED Stompers. They were my first favorite toy as a kid, before Star Wars, He-Man, and everything that followed. I’d love to pick some up, but man, they are PRICEY, for little battery operated cars! I remember vividly going to the local Consolidated and Airways department stores to look at Stompers. I can practically smell them, that rubbery smell when you opened up the bubble. Great stuff!

5 hours ago, F For Fake said:

God, I LOVED Stompers. They were my first favorite toy as a kid, before Star Wars, He-Man, and everything that followed. I’d love to pick some up, but man, they are PRICEY, for little battery operated cars! I remember vividly going to the local Consolidated and Airways department stores to look at Stompers. I can practically smell them, that rubbery smell when you opened up the bubble. Great stuff!

They really were cool.  I'm with you, they are expensive and Stomper collectors are like honey badgers with money.  

Talk about smart too.  The company had a list of replacement parts that could be purchased on the day it came out!  They knew people would lose/break stuff. 

Patrick 

If anyone is interested, Target has randomly listed three Transformers at 50% off this morning, and one of them is the bizarre TF/X-Men mash-up! I was considering this one for a while, but at 1/2 off, it became a must purchase.

https://www.target.com/p/transformers-generations-transformers-collaborative-marvel-comics-x-men-mash-up-ultimate-x-spanse/-/A-81262964

The other two on sale are Snapdragon and Doubledealer.

Speaking which, Ollie’s put Leader Class Transformers for $20 in their ad this week. People are finding Optimus Prime and Doubledealer. I went to four stores yesterday and didn’t find anything at all, so YMMV.

Happy hunting!

Need help with a personal piece of 70's plastic. I have a 1970's Gay Toys Blue Ford drag race car I would like to restore it or have it restored. Anyone on the boards do restoration on plastic toys? I looked on eBay did not find one but I know its 70's cause I'm the one who played with and damaged it. The damage really is confined to the wheels/axles. It could be missing pieces. The car measures 18" long x 8" wide. I don't mind the aged look. 

Any help is appreciated...

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0572.JPG

On 4/18/2021 at 1:20 PM, mytastebud said:

The damage really is confined to the wheels/axles.

To fix this correctly, you'd need to separate the upper and lower half of the body in order to remove the axle entirely.  It looks like a plastic weld/rivet that holds the two sections together (last photo).  It may be possible to drill those, and then when the axle work is completed you could use metal screws to reattach the body.

Without taking the body apart, you are forced to try and get the plastic wheel hub to align with the tire blindly (the axle does not poke through to the outside of the wheel).  Then try to hold the alignment while the glue dries.  There are plastic glues that essentially fuse/melt the two pieces together, so conceivably could bring the axle back to functional use.

If you intend on spending time on this, maybe also look into sticker replacement or doing a custom paint job.  Custom flames might look really cool.

On 4/18/2021 at 3:20 PM, mytastebud said:

Need help with a personal piece of 70's plastic. I have a 1970's Gay Toys Blue Ford drag race car I would like to restore it or have it restored. Anyone on the boards do restoration on plastic toys? I looked on eBay did not find one but I know its 70's cause I'm the one who played with and damaged it. The damage really is confined to the wheels/axles. It could be missing pieces. The car measures 18" long x 8" wide. I don't mind the aged look. 

Any help is appreciated...

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0572.JPG

Cool toy!  I have sent composite and tin toys to Randy’s Toy Shop in Indiana in the past, as well as vintage cardboard boxes.  They can fabricate missing/broken parts.  Not 100% sure they do plastic like this but I would bet they do  it’s been years since I used them but have always been happy  I also agree with @Yorick and like that plan as well.  For me, sometimes I don’t want to know how the work was done, just that it was, otherwise I will obsess about something that I might not have done myself perfectly  Link is below  good luck!

https://www.randystoyshop.com/

Edited by Iconic1s

6 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Intellivision Donkey Kong.  Pretty sweet with box, cartridge, and manual.  Hey, it says Nintendo and has Mario.  No, def didn't pay anything near that price tag.20210419_192553.thumb.jpg.3a75e45cdaff76532508ead6855e7440.jpg

I would argue that it plays a LITTLE differently than the real arcade game.  :eek:

Hey, do you guys have any advice about finding clamshell like cases for loose vintage 3.75 inch figs (sw, joe, etc)? Is there a good  affordable option? Are all brands the same?

Edited by BrooksR

8 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I would argue that it plays a LITTLE differently than the real arcade game.  :eek:

For me on intellevision this was one of my favorite

still have the cartrige with cards and booklet but in bad shape

Me: I really need to thin out all of these collections and gain back some space.

Also Me: I think I need a rubber ducky for the bathroom just to see if anyone else notices when they come over.  

s-l500-2.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500-1.jpg

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Built and now part of the city. 

Bat signal had to be placed on top.  I am not entirely satisfied in the design to be honest but I do not have any drive to 'fix it'.  In order to get to the roof the police have to climb a ladder and fire escape from the base of the building from the back.  I would have included a door from the third floor to the roof on the left and then climbed the ladder.  I might change that.  

IMG_3482.HEIC.jpeg

Love it!