• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

I snagged one of these in the dollar box today. Had never seen it before. Someone has one up for $104, but actual sales are lower. It comes polybagged with a KRS-One cassette, which would make it a weird item in your typical comic bins in a store. Also got the whole set (1-4) of Pizza Hut X-Men comics, although I guess those aren't particularly rare.

s-l1600.jpg

17 minutes ago, the blob said:

I snagged one of these in the dollar box today. Had never seen it before. Someone has one up for $104, but actual sales are lower. It comes polybagged with a KRS-One cassette, which would make it a weird item in your typical comic bins in a store. Also got the whole set (1-4) of Pizza Hut X-Men comics, although I guess those aren't particularly rare.

s-l1600.jpg

Being a Boogie Down Productions fan from the mid-1980s when I had to scour every record store I went to on the East Coast to find a copy of their first, independent album, I think this is probably just as rare. Nice find. I have never found one in any shop.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

s-l1600.jpg

The Teacher?!?!?!?!?! I never knew about this one. Thanks for the info!!!

3 hours ago, BishopT said:

It's just a different take on the book by a new creative team, and it's been hard for me to track down. I looked into Brandon Graham's run on this because I enjoyed what he was doing with the 8house stuff a few years back. There could be more to why it's kind of hard to come by, but I don't know. 

Prophet 21 was the #1 of the re-boot.  I don't see other often, though they are not super rare.  

Such a great series. 

Hero Con 94 is now a book I need to find.  AH and Bone.  Yes please. 

I have quite a few mis-print Danger Girl #3s.  They re-printed the pages over and over.  

Patrick 

5 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

Here is one I’ve never found in the wild until today: Mission Impossible 1 recalled error variant.

BB4705AC-8072-424B-BFC9-DFE6228A3FAF.jpeg

C74B792A-1121-4AF0-8642-E39EDC0B8295.jpeg

And it's a newsstand, maybe?

Somebody needs to get this Sig Series, double-signed by Cruise and Leifeld!!

Edited by mrwoogieman

17 hours ago, the blob said:

s-l1600.jpg

Cool, Kyle Baker art too! Never seen one of these.

I'm figuring at $6.99, that was real money in 1994. People weren't buying that to hoard in some comic collection, fans were probably buying it for the tape because in a pre-internet world, that might be the only venue to find the song. So I'd venture a lot of the polybags were opened up (and seriously, at $6.99, how many could be sold??)

https://www.spin.com/2014/03/marvel-music-rock-comics-revolution-1994-billy-ray-cyrus-onyx/

I guess they tried this with other musicians, but I don't think others came with a tape. Anyway, seems to sell for $5-$15, I guess until all the cheap copies get bought up when they make a "Break the Chain" movie...

Edited by the blob

Has anyone ever seen this in the wild?:

13.jpg

It's the Iron Giant video preview comic nn.  The film preview nn is fairly common (although only four people have bothered to slab one).  Just curious if anyone out there owns this comic?  If you have, please post it.

23 hours ago, BishopT said:

It's just a different take on the book by a new creative team, and it's been hard for me to track down. I looked into Brandon Graham's run on this because I enjoyed what he was doing with the 8house stuff a few years back. There could be more to why it's kind of hard to come by, but I don't know. 

There was roughly a decade between the stop and the start at issue #21. I would doubt there were too many clamoring for more Prophet at that point.

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

There was roughly a decade between the stop and the start at issue #21. I would doubt there were too many clamoring for more Prophet at that point.

I have the Prophet trade and it is a fun book. I also got it signed and they signed it on a naughty page.

On 10/3/2018 at 6:52 PM, BishopT said:

It was a pretty hot book back in 2012. I think it snuck up on people because it was a Liefeld property and everyone figured it'd be horrible. Turns out it was great..so was Glory. I haven't seen any #21s in the wild. 

#21 is essentially a #1 since it rebooted the series more than a decade later.

On 10/4/2018 at 3:37 PM, ygogolak said:
On 10/3/2018 at 3:52 PM, BishopT said:

Which means it's a entirely different series, no? Splurged and found a minty copy in the 5 for $1 box last week . . . lol

PRP21a.jpeg

Edited by divad

3 hours ago, Killua said:

Took me almost a year long search to acquire these two,

• Copra #1 Self Published by Michel Fiffe 
  • Cursed Pirate Girl #NN Self Published by Jeremy Bastian (ComiXpress)

IMG_20181017_175229490_HDR.thumb.jpg.b23b66c720710e3815200805e4b5c322.jpg

Probably the hardest to find for me (shrug)

$434.52 for Copra

$2,075.00 for Cursed Pirate Girl

Wow ! Crazy !

1 hour ago, Second Blight said:

$434.52 for Copra

$2,075.00 for Cursed Pirate Girl

Wow ! Crazy !

Nothing compared to certain other books from my want list which I either passed or haven't found yet. Crazy I know :whistle: