• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

I see a few of you collect Image newsstand editions too. Do any of you know if there was a Youngblood 1 newsstand? Come to think of it, I don't think I have seen any newsstands for any issues of Youngblood. Issue 1 has that double cover, so I'm thinking maybe it was on the back, and that's why I haven't seen it? I'm at a loss.... anyone know for sure?

Edited by Davidone

7 hours ago, Davidone said:

I see a few of you collect Image newsstand editions too. Do any of you know if there was a Youngblood 1 newsstand? Come to think of it, I don't think I have seen any newsstands for any issues of Youngblood. Issue 1 has that double cover, so I'm thinking maybe it was on the back, and that's why I haven't seen it? I'm at a loss.... anyone know for sure?

Chuck (Mile High) doesn't have one listed, so I would so no.

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Chuck (Mile High) doesn't have one listed, so I would so no.

If they did not publsih one, that would be strange. It would be the only Image series not to have one. At this point in my search, im thinking you are right.

1 minute ago, Davidone said:

If they did not publsih one, that would be strange. It would be the only Image series not to have one. At this point in my search, im thinking you are right.

Wasn't Youngblood the first book out of Image? They may not have had all of the distribution setup at that point.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

3 hours ago, Davidone said:

Wasn't Youngblood the first book out of Image? They may not have had all of the distribution setup at that point

Its not bad logic, but keep in mind this. I didn't know Supreme had a newsstand one either until this year when I saw 3 of them in one spot. It does look like you are correct though.

46 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Its not bad logic, but keep in mind this. I didn't know Supreme had a newsstand one either until this year when I saw 3 of them in one spot. It does look like you are correct though.

Yea, weird Supreme would have one and not Shadowhawk.

16 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Yea, weird Supreme would have one and not Shadowhawk.

Just like the others, it has no foil, just grey. Here is a photo of mine. It would be nice if there were a database to keep track of these books.

I see you already recieved a few replies. I dont mean to gang up on you.

20170411_110104-1.jpg

Edited by Davidone

I picked up a few books at Half Price Books today. There should be a law against them putting price stickers on unbagged booksrantrant Can someone call corporate and put an end to this?

I haven't found anything on the Resistance2 book online other than an offer in a video game for a digital version so I took a chance on it. Does anyone know more about this book? I tend to go to Lone Star but they don't have anything on this.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

mcs is your friend for obscure listings! 

Exclusive Wal-Mart mini-comic packaged with Spider-Man 2 Origins of a Hero DVD. Full reprint of Amazing Spider-Man #300 - 1st Venom - (W) Todd Michelinie (A) Todd McFarlane, 24 full pages of story with no ads. 4 3/4" x 7", FC, 24 pages.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:57 PM, Davidone said:

Here is a few tough books I found today. Gargoyles 9-11. Early Amanda Conner work. All nice condition newsstand editions too. 

20170417_215155-1.jpg

Now did they publish those all in the same series? I thought the first series only went to like issue 9. Learn something new every day.

On 4/20/2017 at 1:25 AM, Davidone said:

Here's a newsstand cover variation of Deathblow 1. 

20170419_222332-1.jpg

Cool! I've actually never seen this one. I've been chasing Image newsstands lately, now I've got to add to my list!