• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Evelyn's VERY old Comics Discounts and group prices page 47

470 posts in this topic

That's going to be the last book for this morning, because this is the first nice day in a long time, and I just got an offer I can't refuse.

I will try and list more, probably between 9 and 10 tonight. Thank you all! (worship)

Famous Funnies #84, 1941, Buck Rogers, Scarlet O'Neil, Parachute cover.

Spine roll, light overall creasing and nice pages in the white range.small tear at the spine, no paper missing. Grade is VG, OSG is $40 in VG, bin is $30

famous%20funnies%2084_0001.jpg

famous%20funnies%2084_0002.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks, Greg! Sold!

Famous Funnies June #83, 1941, Buck Rogers. Invisible Scarlet O'Neil art by Harry G Peters (Wonder Woman) Her 2nd appearance in comics.

Octopus cover, pages are in the white range, one of the 3 staples is detached at the centerfold. 3” corner crease upper right, some overall wear and a 1” tear at the top of the spine, 2 med.lg. stains on the back. Grade is Gd/VG, OSG is $40 in VG. I know Overstreet doesn't even put in a notation for her first appearance in #82, but she's one of the very first women with a “super power” in comics, maybe even the first, depending on what you consider USA having a superpower. bin is $65

famous%20funnies%2083_0001.jpg

famous%20funnies%2083_0002.jpg

Famous Funnies June #83, 1941, Buck Rogers. Invisible Scarlet O'Neil art by Harry G Peters (Wonder Woman) Her 2nd appearance in comics.

Octopus cover, pages are in the white range, one of the 3 staples is detached at the centerfold. 3” corner crease upper right, some overall wear and a 1” tear at the top of the spine, 2 med.lg. stains on the back. Grade is Gd/VG, OSG is $40 in VG. I know Overstreet doesn't even put in a notation for her first appearance in #82, but she's one of the very first women with a “super power” in comics, maybe even the first, depending on what you consider USA having a superpower. bin is $65

famous%20funnies%2083_0001.jpg

famous%20funnies%2083_0002.jpg

Sold! Thanks, Greg!

Famous Funnies #84, 1941, Buck Rogers, Scarlet O'Neil, Parachute cover.

Spine roll, light overall creasing and nice pages in the white range.small tear at the spine, no paper missing. Grade is VG, OSG is $40 in VG, bin is $30

famous%20funnies%2084_0001.jpg

famous%20funnies%2084_0002.jpg

Thanks, Greg! Sold!

Dang - couida used that one for my parachute cover collection!

The next few books have a slightly musty kind of odor, so if you are very sensitive, ask before bidding. It's probably from the old bags (antique) and boards, but I'm just giving everyone a heads up.

Famous Funnies #124, 1944, Buck Rogers AND Scarlet O'Neil. Thanksgiving Cover

Great color, pages in the white range. There is a tiny corner bent up (I'm not unbending it ) a few small spine bends and some odd penciled writing on the front (It's on a few other books, too). Grade is Fine+ (6.5) OSG is $42 in Fine, Bin is $35

Sold by PM to S

famous%20funnies%20124_0001.jpg

famous%20funnies%20124_0002.jpg

Famous Funnies #130, 1945, Buck Rogers, Invisible Scarlet O'Neil. Fishing cover.

Great color, pages are OW, small amount of creasing near the spine. Those same odd penciled “#'s as on #124. Grade is Fine. OSG in Fine is $42, Bin is $30

Sold to Norrin's lawyer

famous%20funnies%20130_0001.jpg

famous%20funnies%20130_0002.jpg

Famous Funnies #130, 1945, Buck Rogers, Invisible Scarlet O'Neil. Fishing cover.

Great color, pages are OW, small amount of creasing near the spine. Those same odd penciled “#'s as on #124. Grade is Fine. OSG in Fine is $42, Bin is $30

Sold, thanks, Greg!

Famous Funnies, #131, 1945, Buck Rogers, Invisible Scarlet O'Neil. War bonds advertised on the cover.

OW pages, The centerfold is detached, same odd numbers as the last 2 books (penciled on the cover)

Great color. Grade is VG/F (for the detached centerfold) OSG is $36 in Fine ($30), Bin is $18.00

EDIT ! Sold to Inapickle

famous%20funnies%20131_0001.jpg

famous%20funnies%20131_0002.jpg