• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, goldenacase said:

Just won this copy on ebay it seemed quite reasonable 

s-l1600-17.jpg

Nice book. If you want to read the entire inside to your new acquisition, you can do so here;

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/409392-the-gold-reading-room/

GRR- Page 394

It starts with a rather tasty splash page as well...

4.thumb.jpg.09569336fef3bcbcc434c6fe23d07407.jpg

Edited by Grantley Goddard

11 hours ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Nice book. If you want to read the entire inside to your new acquisition, you can do so here;

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/409392-the-gold-reading-room/

GRR- Page 394

It starts with a rather tasty splash page as well...

4.thumb.jpg.09569336fef3bcbcc434c6fe23d07407.jpg

That splash page is worth the price of deslabbing!

4 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

This is my very first Planet Comics purchase.  I grabbed it yesterday on the bay.  In fact, it's my first Golden Age purchase ever.  It's low grade and I have no idea if I overpaid for it! But I don't care, I wanted it.

I have been collecting Spider-Man for 6 years, mostly SA Ditko books.  I have some other SA and BA stuff, but I have recently become infatuated by the Planet Comics run and decided to sell everything else except for my SA Spidey books to start collecting Planet.  Say goodbye to my money...

planet11a.jpg

That’s a great looking 1.8, congrats! And welcome to the Planet club. :whee:

1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

This is my very first Planet Comics purchase.  I grabbed it yesterday on the bay.  In fact, it's my first Golden Age purchase ever.  It's low grade and I have no idea if I overpaid for it! But I don't care, I wanted it.

I have been collecting Spider-Man for 6 years, mostly SA Ditko books.  I have some other SA and BA stuff, but I have recently become infatuated by the Planet Comics run and decided to sell everything else except for my SA Spidey books to start collecting Planet.  Say goodbye to my money...

planet11a.jpg

It's a nice looking 1.5 for sure.  Congrats on the purchase, and I'm super excited to have more competition for this run! :banana:

49 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

It's a nice looking 1.5 for sure.  Congrats on the purchase, and I'm super excited to have more competition for this run! :banana:

7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Welcome to your new addiction;) I've been suffering from it for a long time, always nice to have new company;)

Thanks!  Now if there was only a way for more people to collect and the prices to go DOWN that would be great. lol