• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

Some of the prices in this sale are going to be stratospheric. Interest in Planet books could really go into orbit after this. It could lead to a post sale vacuum or more likely a meteor shower of books offered for sale as people strive to cash in on all things Planet.

PS. No puns were harmed in the writing of this post.

1 hour ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Personally I do not trust these type of sales...far too much room for 'manipulation'. 2c

What ever could you mean...I mean its not like the person who owns the books also has some sort of control over the auction house selling them and could just bid them up himself with absolutely zero to lose if he accidentally wins the books back.... oh wait...

But then no one can make anyone bid what they don't want to pay themselves so.... etc etc etc.

Edited by szavisca

So unless my math is off, and there is a good chance it is...the grand total thus far bid on all the Church Planets is... $323,203.  

So basically the price of a heavily restored or low grade Action 1 or Tec 27.  Doesn't look like this'll hit the million dollar mark but probably 500k pretty easily.

3 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Alternatively, the hypothetical uber bidder will break everyone's spirit early on and convince everyone else that there is no point even bidding and they will get the later issues relatively cheaply.

Just a theory, but I don’t think so.   Too many keeners will continue to watch hoping desperately to pick up at least one book without crushing their bank account.

On 12/8/2018 at 1:51 PM, kelholt said:

I believe a vast majority of the books will be 10k or more.....2c 

You guys are depressing me. 

3 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

I’m still the high bidder on 1 single digit issue, but based on what everyone is saying, I don’t stand a chance! (Which I already figured)

I was the high bidder on one as well but now it's out of my price range...its very discouraging...

11 hours ago, Spyder! said:

I’m still the high bidder on 1 single digit issue, but based on what everyone is saying, I don’t stand a chance! (Which I already figured)

I really hope you win it, unfortunately the reality is you've got more chance of training a cat to fetch a stick. :sorry: