• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Hrmmm...

I didn't know Comicconnect wont accept credit card payments over $2500, I am now stuck trying to figure out how to pay them since they also do not accept foreign checks / money orders.

Get a US dollar money order drafted at TD, that’s what I did last time and it worked for me as I was caught unexpectedly the same way.

Great books guys. It's nice to see some pieces of history being shared out here. Such beautiful material, just running out of 'likes'. Kudos to the man..Edgar.  (worship)

As much as Chuck is an oddball, imagine if he had not done that deal back in the day. Those beautiful examples of the hobby might have been consigned to a skip and destroyed forever. Doesn't bear thinking about. :whatthe:

1 hour ago, LordRahl said:

Gah!!! I wanted that 10 badly. Had to step out at 12.5K though as I also wanted the 30 and just couldn't swing going higher. Sweet, sweet book. Congrats!!!

Thanks very much! Nice to know I was in good bidding company. Congrats to you as well -- the 30 is one of the best covers in the run!!!

6 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Today felt like the Super Bowl of Comics for me and my taste. I had a nervous anticipation like I did as a kid before an Ali fight. 

The last 6 weeks have been unbelievable really as it pertains to comic collecting. To have a Suspense 3 (finally) and then to actually get several Church Planet Comics- wow- it feels like climbing a little Everest. Sacrifices have been made to narrow down what I like the best (so long Amazing Fantasy 15- nice knowin ya).

I have the right small grouping of books that I want to keep for the long haul. That has always been the intentional outcome of all of the buying and selling over the last 4-5 years, to specifically get to this point. For the first time since I’ve been collecting I feel a sense of contentment.

Congrats! :golfclap:

I really like to read that. Knowing how there are some special books that have been locked up for years (Dentist, Verzyl) it will be cool knowing when Boardies old and new 5 to 10 years from now talk about this night and ask "who's got the Mile High Planet XYZ"  we can answer fast " @Ricksneatstuff "

58 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Which OCD person is going to post a summary of the final hammer on the Planets?  :wishluck:

I can't see all of them, so feel free to add as necessary.  These are the ones I had in my watch list.  

1 9.4 - 108,666

2 - 9.4 - 40,222

3 - 9.4 12,850

5 - 9.2 - 16,866

6 - 9.0 - 7,969

7 - 9.6 - 10,000

8 - 9.8 - 25,401

9 - 9.6 - 10,700

10 - 9.6- 14,866

13 - 9.4 - 18,200

14 - 9.4 - 20,500

17 - 9.4 - 18,200

18 - 9.4 - 19,200

19 - 9.6 - 19,100

22 - 9.2 - 6,477

Overall, I think most went for a reasonable price.  I did have some concern that one person might try to get the whole run like the Peps a while back.  The 13 & 14 could have gone higher, those have gained recognition for their scarcity.  I was happy that the 5 didn't go higher, I could have easily seen it going nuts as there isn't another HG copy with great colors except for the Larson, and that isn't going anywhere.  The 7 seemed very reasonable.  The chunk out of the corner of the 6 really kept it down.  Is there a true HG copy out there?  

pla1.611a.jpg

Just now, batman_fan said:

Am I the only one that thinks prices were somewhat "reasonable" on some of the issues?

I just used those same words in a PM, so, no.

Whoever won 48....I hate you. 

I was ready to go 7K but chickened out and was stuck in the symphony house and couldn't bid. :sick:

Seriously...I broke my number one rule. 

"Be willing to spend more than the next guy."

I am a coward. :(

12 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

#10 - Zolnerowich
#16 - Straw-Man
#17 - Ricksneatstuff
#30 - LordRahl
#33 - Ricksneatstuff
#34 - Ricksneatstuff
#39 - Ricksneatstuff
#49 - Zolnerowich
#50 - Bat34
#51 - Tim Weaver
#53 - Artboy99

I just need the home addresses and times when each are out of the house. :wishluck: