• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2020 at 9:33 PM, skypinkblu said:

Did anyone see the Planet 27 on eBay tonight (it only had 80+) watchers) an Okajima 5.5 went for over $5300.00 I thought I had put in an insane bid, but I was way off;) 

Big congrats to the winner of a historic Planet.

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/143500113163

Were your congratluations tongue-in-cheek?

Paying a stupid price for a book like that winning bidder did just encourages the flippers on eBay who think every book they own is worth a fortune. (That's if the sale was real; with eBay, you never know.)

3 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

Paying a stupid price for a book like that winning bidder did just encourages the flippers on eBay who think every book they own is worth a fortune. (That's if the sale was real; with eBay, you never know.)

I was not the winner or involved with this in anyway but I do know that the buyer is real and is very content with having this.

i’ve had some private offers come to me on camp copies that I had in the past that were beyond this price point. I only have one at this time so I don’t have any motivation in overhyping this Pedegree but it seems the interest in it has heated up significantly. 

3 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

I rarely do "tongue and cheek" and if I did, it would probably be privately. I just figured someone else wanted it a lot and they got it for more than was in my price range. The seller is a board member and the sale was legit.