• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,750 posts in this topic

Looked at the results of Ghost 6 last night and has that book taken off in four years.The market has seen some crazy run ups lately on certain books collectors are seeking.I love to watch the battle going on its like two women in a cat fight and who comes out standing after the dust clears :insane:

4 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Freshly back from CGC - this is the Detroit Trolley, a pedigree not recognized by CGC:

100_8287.JPG

That's the rare one isn't it, Steve ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 5/28/2018 at 5:35 PM, Scrooge said:

Nah. The information came my way same as with the Superman à la Raboy, Alter Ego # 151. These are from Larry Ivie's papers and posted in Sandy Plunkett's blog.

Here's a Planet cover sketch (unused) -

1444032184_PlanetSketchCover-Unpublished.jpg.1b6b2488451fcc154bbf6e7a513246bd.jpg

Here are the links:

Part I - http://www.plunkettcomicart.com/ivie-tribute/fiction-house-covers-1-of-3

Part III - http://www.plunkettcomicart.com/ivie-tribute/archives/04-2017

Still looking for the link to Part II. But, still, plenty of examples in those two links above. Look for the addition of the mask on the rider between sketch and final cover for Fight # 45 for example.

I'm very, very sad they never used this.

On 5/29/2018 at 4:35 PM, kelholt said:

From the link, it shed some light on Planet 46. Planet 46, to me and several Planet collectors, has always seemed a bit off compared to other issues. Most specifically the girl in the center of the cover. I have spoke to many a collector who thought the original cover had a man saving the girl and for some reason for the final cover it was switched to be girl saving man and the heads were re-drawn (edited if you will) to show this change and the bodies stayed mostly unedited......that is why the woman has a manly form ( manly shaped upper body, lats, biceps, and forearm of left arm.So from the original/test drawings we see it was always a girl saving a boy but the girl that made it to print was just drawn with more manly features. Look at the girl in the pencil drawing, she looks like a female shape (noticeably her right calf muscle shape, her left forearm, her lack of showing in the right bicep, etc) 5BBB5E00-201B-4FA3-A63C-868335AD0680.thumb.jpeg.d503bdf6e9e78c956ecf9ea8c8f5a6a7.jpeg

BD770BBD-B291-48FF-BEB5-071115985745.thumb.jpeg.9dd02dc94c373abb571f9725892d8175.jpegI personally like the aesthetics of the pencil drawing over the printed end product.

The boards are full of gems of knowledge and these links are eye openers.

The man looks like more of a boy in the original sketch, not a man, look at his arms! Really interesting to see how the original sketch looked!