• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could only keep your second favorite 5 books
1 1

61 posts in this topic

This one because I think Everett did some excellent work here:

heroic9.jpeg

This one because of Solomon Grundy:

allstar33cgc.jpg

This one because of the rare "Bucky in bondage and Cap to the rescue" theme: (Wait, what?  It's not rare for Bucky to be in trouble?  Oh well, too late.  It made the list.)

cap3.jpg

This one because Edgar did such a nice job of preserving it:

capaero1.jpeg

This one because I am contractually obligated to post a Hitler cover:

greenhornet13.jpeg

16 hours ago, walclark said:

This one because of the rare "Bucky in bondage and Cap to the rescue" theme: (Wait, what?  It's not rare for Bucky to be in trouble?  Oh well, too late.  It made the list.)

cap3.jpg

If I had been Cap, I would long ago have sent Bucky to the showers and called in somebody else from the kid sidekick bullpen. 

36 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

I am partial to the Murphy Anderson artwork so I will rank Phantom Stranger #1 GA at #9, and Mac Raboy's Capt Marvel Jr #1 as #10:

VFBhDuZ.jpg

Two great choices, really like that Phantom Stranger, looks like it is in great shape :applause:

Ok, this is a more fluid list for me than the first five, but despite constant flipping-flopping here it is as of this moment, selected based on various reasons of significance but not grade or monetary value, and provided in no particular order other than as I can find them...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Ooh! Peter Panda 5 sighting! Nice!

It's been on my radar since I first read Overstreet 13.

I've had 4 copies of pp5. Verzyl buys everyone !

45 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

We should start a club!

lf_zps9a23e77a.jpeg

It's always been a classic cover to me, but I had no idea anyone else thought so. I have had my copy for probably 25 years and don't think I have ever seen another copy in all that time. It seems to be pretty scarce.