• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I bought a collection!
5 5

247 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

My condolences.  :foryou:

You got that right! I just booked a table for a local show in late August so that I can move some books (hopefully). I am so tired right now and I have only been through one box so far. But those ASMs are so much fun to look through.

6 minutes ago, Bird said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

My condolences.  :foryou:

You got that right! I just booked a table for a local show in late August so that I can move some books (hopefully). I am so tired right now and I have only been through one box so far. But those ASMs are so much fun to look through.

If you invest the time and sweat equity, and love comics, it will all probably turn out alright.  Selling is definitely labor-intensive. :p

28 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

If you invest the time and sweat equity, and love comics, it will all probably turn out alright.  Selling is definitely labor-intensive. :p

I love selling comics. It can be a hassle at times but I have purchased 2 small collections and buy bulk from the LCS. I will be cancelling the majority of the bulk now that I have this massive haul. But it keeps me home and off the street corner at night so I count it as time well spent.

DB-uo7pXUAA37uM.jpg

some dusty fingerprints but a nice copy indeed

Edited by Bird

Just now, Bird said:
10 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I love selling comics. It can be a hassle at times but I have purchased 2 small collections and buy bulk from the LCS. I will be cancelling the majority of the bulk now that I have this massive haul. But it keeps me home and off the street corner at night so I count it as time well spent.

Comics are better than blowing your money at the bars, at least that's what I've always told myself.

1 minute ago, wombat said:

Any magazines?

Nope. Marvel Graphic Novel 4 but no magazines that I can see. I don't have them all in hand and have been looking at the comics and not the master list but I'll keep you in mind should they show up.

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

:popcorn:

Are we allowed to ask what you paid and the specifics of deal? I guess that's nosey. Sorry. 

Hey, look at that...you answered your own question. :sumo: In time I will tell the tale. It was a lot of money, time payments with balance due to be paid in full by early next year.

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

Hey, look at that...you answered your own question. :sumo: In time I will tell the tale. It was a lot of money, time payments with balance due to be paid in full by early next year.

I'm sorry. I'm working on becoming a better person. It's a daily struggle. Can't wait for more pics!

6 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Can't wait for more pics!

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

it's exciting to live vicareously :blush:

since you asked so nicely...my favorite cover ever. The SS3 has extennsive tape on the spine but this one is clean. Needs a press but most of the keys do.

DB-6g3WW0AAE0Cj.jpg

Edited by Bird

Everything is awesome!! lego movie

Question: did he say whether he had doubles?? not double cover's which would be cool but impossible to know with that many books, but more than 1 of each issue??

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Everything is awesome!! lego movie

Question: did he say whether he had doubles?? not double cover's which would be cool but impossible to know with that many books, but more than 1 of each issue??

No doubles that I am aware of. Man, I am going through the lists now and so much junk, so so much junk. With what I bought and what I paid for I am not complaining but years of work ahead and so so much junk. No Moon Knight or WWBN from what I see, a disappointment. Of course I wanted every key from the era but despite it being all Marvel books there is not every Marvel book here.