• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
5 5

168 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SpideyFein said:

I've been watching this one! Great pick up, and Killer thread Rick! So many goodies! 

Appreciate it!  - I have been looking for an affordable copy with decent cover appeal.  In other words, this one is perfect.

2 hours ago, BakerFanOne said:

Appreciate it!  - I have been looking for an affordable copy with decent cover appeal.  In other words, this one is perfect.

That one has very nice eye-appeal, and was a very fair price. Congrats!

:news::news::news::news:

On this thread I wanted to do some price drops but it was very hard to do it across the board at a straight percentage margin. I edited the prices to be slightly raised and then offered a 10% discount to get the costs down on each book to a break even level. Some people saw this as manipulation and I can see how that appears and I apologize for that.

Most of these books were priced within 10-15% of what I paid for them and to do a 10% price cut across the board would have put me under cost on some books that I did not want to take a loss on so those books were raised before the price cut but the end result was still lower than the previous price, but in some cases only by a few percent. There was no intention to deceive. Those who know me and have dealt with me here know that is not in my character. I want to apologize to anyone who was offended. 

As a result of this I will NEVER be offering percentage based discounts on my threads in the future. If a discount is to be made it will be by slashing the price, showing the old price and the new price. There are some pretty excellent books in this thread and more to be added. 

In spite of how often I post books for sale here this is NOT a business for me by any means- this is a hobby- and something that distracts me at times from running a pretty active company with lots of daily concerns. The money spent with me is reinvested back into the comic community, just like it is for most people who buy/sell/trade here. This is a great place for us and my reputation here is paramount to me.

Sincerely,

Rick

32 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

On this thread I wanted to do some price drops but it was very hard to do it across the board at a straight percentage margin. I edited the prices to be slightly raised and then offered a 10% discount to get the costs down on each book to a break even level. Some people saw this as manipulation and I can see how that appears and I apologize for that.

Most of these books were priced within 10-15% of what I paid for them and to do a 10% price cut across the board would have put me under cost on some books that I did not want to take a loss on so those books were raised before the price cut but the end result was still lower than the previous price, but in some cases only by a few percent. There was no intention to deceive. Those who know me and have dealt with me here know that is not in my character. I want to apologize to anyone who was offended. 

As a result of this I will NEVER be offering percentage based discounts on my threads in the future. If a discount is to be made it will be by slashing the price, showing the old price and the new price. There are some pretty excellent books in this thread and more to be added. 

In spite of how often I post books for sale here this is NOT a business for me by any means- this is a hobby- and something that distracts me at times from running a pretty active company with lots of daily concerns. The money spent with me is reinvested back into the comic community, just like it is for most people who buy/sell/trade here. This is a great place for us and my reputation here is paramount to me.

Sincerely,

Rick

Rick - You are pure gold, and one of the most honest people I've ever met.  No one thinks otherwise, you tried something new that appears to have confused someone, so you are just changing it up again.  That's how these things go, adapt and improve.  I look forward to spending obscene amounts of money on your funny books often.

Wonderworld Comics 13- CGC 9.4- WHITE Pages- Church (Mile High) copy- SOLD VIA PM!

Time Payment is an option with 20% non-refundable deposit and 4 equal payments over 4 months.

Partial trades will be considered. The book is gorgeous. I believe this was a good value purchase at the Berk auction and it is less about profiting on it than other buying opportunities I need to partake in. 

IMG_6195.PNG.1a18655af73fe63b089e713fa66baa2c.PNGIMG_6159.thumb.JPG.049f68ce4f1b021ab12003dc6e0b2310.JPGIMG_6194.thumb.JPG.6de157eb3b95c1a9a3625442ff88bc78.JPG

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

34 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Wonderworld Comics 13- CGC 9.4- WHITE Pages- Church (Mile High) copy- $14,900

Time Payment is an option with 20% non-refundable deposit and 4 equal payments over 4 months.

Partial trades will be considered. The book is gorgeous. I believe this was a good value purchase at the Berk auction and it is less about profiting on it than other buying opportunities I need to partake in. 

IMG_6159.thumb.JPG.049f68ce4f1b021ab12003dc6e0b2310.JPG

With a special appearance by Rick's feet?! :o

57 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Wonderworld Comics 13- CGC 9.4- WHITE Pages- Church (Mile High) copy- $14,900

IMG_6195.PNG.1a18655af73fe63b089e713fa66baa2c.PNGIMG_6159.thumb.JPG.049f68ce4f1b021ab12003dc6e0b2310.JPGIMG_6194.thumb.JPG.6de157eb3b95c1a9a3625442ff88bc78.JPG

What a beauty.  Sorry to see you parting with this, but this classic Mile High will make someone very happy.  

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Sincerely,

Rick

Rick is a straight shooter. He has bought lots of books from me at prices I was always happy with. He has resold some of them here. Sometimes he makes a small margin and some times he even loses money. I usually price my books at close to the lowest I can afford to take. I don't play the discount game much because of this. Rick like me, loves this stuff. We both have to sell and sacrifice to get other stuff. I am always happy when some one buys something from me and makes a little profit. Keeps 'em coming back for more. Rick is a guy you can trust to be square with you. 

I think he often gets a little emotional and pays too much some times :acclaim:But that is up to him. Me, I just hoard away all my stuff. Rick enjoys it and passes it on to us. Deal with him and you will always leave happy!

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

:makepoint:   Wassss the matter with you kid? Parting with a book like this is crazy! This is grail material. That art better be over the top incredible...

I here ya.  This will probably be another in the long line of regret sales (Terrific 5, Phantom Lady 17, various Mile High awesomeness).  

For some reason I always gotta keep a runnin' (Godz reference):gossip:

15 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I here ya.  This will probably be another in the long line of regret sales (Terrific 5, Phantom Lady 17, various Mile High awesomeness).  

For some reason I always gotta keep a runnin' (Godz reference):gossip:

This will kill ya. One year to go to Chicago con, I sold about 8 super high grade Planets. The best ones I had...