• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 7 Results
1 1

58 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

March madness (run by @BlowUpTheMoon ) has a similar raw/pre clean-pressed approach -- with the variable being that you don't know for certain how well a book might improve from the cleaning and pressing. That contest is tough and you can be one and done in a heartbeat.

March Madness features raw book scans, post-pressing with no cleaning.  

1 minute ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

Tearing out your hair to be in 50th place? Imagine if you were top ten. 

I was top ten.  For three rounds!  :pullhair:

4 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

That seems like an awful amount of work, Shin. lol

125 members, 2 PMs per round, 10 rounds = 2500 PMs for a full tourney.

I've set it up so I get an email every time I receive a PM, so there's 2500 emails too.

Remind me again why we do this? ???

Cause you love us?

4 minutes ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

Close counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, Mr funny joke guy. :devil:

I thought you were saying i shouldnt be butthurt because it's not like I was in the top 10 or anything and had something to lose!

10 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

I am extremely appreciative of this grading contest which is right there at the top of the best these boards have to offer @thirdgreenham and  @sckao

Thank you both so very much for your time and especially the nice little personal touches that are added by both of you that makes it even more special 

I totally agree...as a first-time participant, I had no idea of the amount of work Andy and Shin put into this contest.

Thank you so much for all the hard work and random emoticons! Or are they really that random? hm