• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 9
3 3

128 posts in this topic

Well, I'm surprised by the Venus. A reading crease and whatever is going on near that top staple. Evidently it can't be too bad. What did you think it would grade at Andy?

My wife saw the long crease on the 1st book after I'd already given it a 7.0.  So with a -1 and a 1 I would have done the same if I wouldn't have played this week.  Great

Whew, I got destroyed on this round. I started out around 7.0 for both books, but I kept dropping the Venus the more I looked at it. Couldn't decide if that was a hole in the cover or a surface flake near the top staple. I wonder if the issue happened in encapsulation, i.e. the book was graded a bit higher before that piece was askew. (Andy?)

I had 7.0 on the Human Torch as well. Could see 6.5, but 5.5 is a real surprise. I can see the barest hint of a crease through the logo, but it doesn't break color and doesn't seem to travel too far. Is there another significant flaw I'm missing?