• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! FS: Pile of slabs that literally have gone untouched for a decade! Keys! Price Reductions!
6 6

139 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, nearmint said:

I remember buying X-Men #101 off the spinner rack. 

Man, I'm old.

Me too!  We're winning!!!  :acclaim:

7 hours ago, lizards2 said:
7 hours ago, nearmint said:

Man, I'm old.

Methinks, you should put this in perspective, my first off the rack, comics had just shot up to 20 cents :preach:  Now who is old but just by a few more years... lol

6 minutes ago, telerites said:
7 hours ago, lizards2 said:
7 hours ago, nearmint said:

Man, I'm old.

Methinks, you should put this in perspective, my first off the rack, comics had just shot up to 20 cents :preach:  Now who is old but just by a few more years... lol

It sounds like you're close to my age, 56.  :preach:  I bought 15 cents comics.  When I got serious, it went to 20 cents and 25 cents, then 20 cents.  Marvel and DC did different things.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

It sounds like you're close to my age, 56.  :preach:  I bought 15 cents comics.  When I got serious, it went to 20 cents and 25 cents, then 20 cents.  Marvel and DC did different things.

You got me by a just a few, Mike. 

I actually still have my first comic - Defenders #2.  The one a few years later that I distinctly remember and wanted was GS X-Men 1 but couldn't afford it.  I went through trash cans on the Main Street to get pop bottles so I could buy comics and candy lol 

5 hours ago, telerites said:
6 hours ago, lizards2 said:

You got me by a just a few, Mike. 

I actually still have my first comic - Defenders #2.  The one a few years later that I distinctly remember and wanted was GS X-Men 1 but couldn't afford it.  I went through trash cans on the Main Street to get pop bottles so I could buy comics and candy lol 

Defenders #2 will always be emblazoned in my mind, with that black Silver Surfer cover...., so cool!  :cloud9: 

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Defenders #2 will always be emblazoned in my mind, with that black Silver Surfer cover...., so cool!  :cloud9: 

As much as I hate to admit it, ASM 238 is one that I remember quite clearly.  The Tatooz were a stroke of genius.  No telling how many copies sold because of those goofy things.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:57 PM, ChasingKingKirby said:

^^

Thanks.  You did note that the slab is cracked, correct?  Book is 100% fine, but back of the slab is cracked pretty good.

I could see it in the back cover pic. :baiting:

On 10/17/2017 at 3:27 AM, ChasingKingKirby said:

X-men 13 CGC 7.5 White Pages $225  $200  $175      $160

Note sure what the deal was with this one.  Because my 7.5s don't look this good.

20170924_174749.jpg

:takeit: