• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 129

4 posts in this topic

Thinking of getting this pressed and graded.  As you can see, the book is nice, glossy, interior good.  Just 2 issues.  Has lots of imperfections that I think will come out with a press as none break the color and most are only noticeably in a glare.  Other issue is small piece out of back cover.  What do you think is the current grade?  and Assuming I press the imperfections out, then what will the grade be?  THANKS!

DSC_0207.JPG

DSC_0211.JPG

DSC_0212.JPG

DSC_0213.JPG

DSC_0214.JPG

DSC_0216.JPG

To be honest, even if the press does a fine job of taking out most of the imperfections, I don't think it will overcome that piece missing. The hit in grade for the piece missing will override most everything else. Additionally, I do think some of these other imperfections break color. That impact  with multiple folds on the top left Back Cover looks pretty deep. A press would flatten it out but I suspect there will still still be a crease or two.

Yes I agree it is in the F+/- range so somewhere from 5.5 to 6.5

A press isn't going to get it higher due to the tare, so there is no need to have the cost of pressing. A press may flatten it out a bit, but could make the tear worse. This is going to present well from the front anyways, so a press of "flatten" isn't going to make the back look any better. 

Great Book :) Hope you enjoy it!