• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, shadroch said:

I would imagine that this is only effecting a very small minority of Paradise clients. If it is a typical shop, 95% of their buyers don't use CGC and are unaffected by this. Unless this is just a symptom of a much larger problem, which it may well be, I don't see this as a business ending affair.

I wonder if suppliers are being paid on time.  If they are willing to cheat customers are suppliers far behind?

On 4/7/2018 at 6:50 PM, Zevgoli said:

I wonder if suppliers are being paid on time.  If they are willing to cheat customers are suppliers far behind?

I have no idea, but it's a legitimate question.  As I understand it, Diamond is pretty tough on non-paying accounts.  I met the owner, Peter, once, at a CGC sponsored dinner and then we ended up in  an Indian nightclub fpr some drinks. I came away very impressed by him, but that was perhaps ten years ago.  I can't defend him, so I'll just say I hope it works out for everyone and this is nothing but a glitch. 

Edited by shadroch

On 4/5/2018 at 12:55 PM, Zevgoli said:

Email from Peter:

Hi Howard here is the status of your invoices 

1519644 &1519639 Howard Baylis (need these. He has put in a complaint with the better business bureau. 
IN PROCESS (ONE IS AT CCS, ONE AT CGC) Cgc should ship on 4/12

Thanks Peter

Only a few days away till the 12th.....

9 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

Only a few days away till the 12th.....

Bear in mind that CGC might ship on 4/12 (assuming Paradise isn't lying for once, which in itself is doubtful), but who knows how many days it takes to ship to Ontario.  I know for me personally to get a book across the country via registered mail takes about a week.  (I still don't understand why a standard shipped book takes 2-3 days, but Registered mail takes an eternity).

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Bear in mind that CGC might ship on 4/12 (assuming Paradise isn't lying for once, which in itself is doubtful), but who knows how many days it takes to ship to Ontario.  I know for me personally to get a book across the country via registered mail takes about a week.  (I still don't understand why a standard shipped book takes 2-3 days, but Registered mail takes an eternity).

I know I must be patient but just thinking that the mailing day is coming up is exciting.

The response was "should ship". Which is a standard escape clause meaning it won't ship on the 12th.:cry:

Playboy pictures were exciting, but I never got to hold on to the real thing, even though I was the very definition of patience on that subject, growing up.

11 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

The response was "should ship". Which is a standard escape clause meaning it won't ship on the 12th.:cry:

Playboy pictures were exciting, but I never got to hold on to the real thing, even though I was the very definition of patience on that subject, growing up.

I live in hope.

3 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Registered mail is designed for security rather than speed.  Package is sorted and controlled separately from all other forms of mail and is signed for every time it changes hands at the PO  Think of it as the first method of tracking a package when nothing else in the mail stream was tracked.  Passports, important documents, diamonds and jewels - I had a jewelry store on my route that got 5 to 10 registered boxes a day, even bags of money strangely enough called money bags came via registered mail.  

23 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Registered mail is designed for security rather than speed.  Package is sorted and controlled separately from all other forms of mail and is signed for every time it changes hands at the PO  Think of it as the first method of tracking a package when nothing else in the mail stream was tracked.  Passports, important documents, diamonds and jewels - I had a jewelry store on my route that got 5 to 10 registered boxes a day, even bags of money strangely enough called money bags came via registered mail.  

I guess I just would have hoped that the increased cost would provide me with both speed AND security.  Sadly it seems you pay for one or the other.  Never both.  :(

3 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

What do you know? :whatev: 

I have just replied to the BBB complaint I sent in  a week ago against Paradise.  Basically Peter in his rebuttal did not address why it has taken eight months to get back the books just outlining my email correspondence with him and the fact that he and CGC are working overtime to get the books back to me.  He doesn’t blame CGC for the delay a reply I would expect him to make.  He also doesn’t blame himself either.

My reply stressed the obvious as to why it has taken this long to get the books back to me despite the fact I paid upfront.  And I included a couple of email threads I had with Peter that shows the delinquency.  We will see how it goes.