• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hanging comic on wall help

22 posts in this topic

Why be facetious when someone has a legit question?...Geeze guys. In all seriousness, that's an awesome Jim Lee cover and worthy of hanging on a wall.

-First remove the cover from the book by bending the staples in the centerfold out, then carefully pulling the cover from the book. The monetary value of the book is much less than the artistic value so replacing the book is cheap. I see them all the time in .25 and .50 boxes.

-I'd mount it on a board cut several inches larger than the cover on each side. Black or red board would look nice with this cover.

-Position the cover centered on the board (use a ruler to be sure it's even).

-While holding it in it's position bend one side of the cover over and add an adhesive to that back side of the cover. A very small amount of glue would work but I'd probably use double-sided tape.

-Press the adhered side onto the board. Repeat for the center and other side of the cover, making sure the cover is still in a centered position on the board.

-To hang the mounted cover on the wall I'd use adhesive wall hangers.

Edited by Okeydoke

13 hours ago, Bandofhawk said:

New Collector  here Looking to hang this wonderful comic on my wall.I am just unsure how to hang it up fully open and safe. any ideas or information would be great.

Thank you for your time!

X-Men_Vol_2_1_Full_Gatefold_Cover.jpg

Any size staple-gun should do the trick! :grin:

I also thought that they produced an actual poster-sized poster of this artwork, but I could be wrong? But as has been suggested, you can buy this book for a buck by the score, so I'd just find a nice one, carefully pop the staples, and pin it up!

23 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I also thought that they produced an actual poster-sized poster of this artwork, but I could be wrong? But as has been suggested, you can buy this book for a buck by the score, so I'd just find a nice one, carefully pop the staples, and pin it up!

How big ya want it? https://www.allposters.com/-sp/X-Men-Forever-Alpha-No-1-X-Men-No-1-Beast-Storm-Gambit-Psylocke-Colossus-Rogue-Wolverine-Posters_i13104947_.htm?UPI=PT21DY0&PODConfigID=9664567

Now my sad life is thinking of bag and boarding all my comics in some 2mil Mylar bags and some BCW half boards, yes even my cheep $1- $xx comics.

It's only a small collection of about 120 ish comics iv bought in the last month or so but  if i'm gonna spend money minus will do it right from the get go!

Edited by Bandofhawk

This is what i go so far.

Golden Age (1938 – 1956)
8″ x 10 1/2″

Silver Age (1956 – 1970)
7 1/4″ x 10 1/2″

same size i guess
Bronze Age (1970 – 1985)
Modern Age (1985 – Present Day)
7″ x 10 1/2″

For the bag size looking up board size's i'm unsure if i should use full or half boards i was thinking half boards should be more then enough considering ill be putting them in a short comic box.

i was thinking of getting the BCW boards cause of the Acid Free+ Buffered with 3 Percent Calcium Carbonate.But i heard the BCW bags are a bit more on the cheaper Quality wise so i was also thinking of using  E. Gerber products bags.

13 hours ago, Bandofhawk said:

This is what i go so far.

Golden Age (1938 – 1956)
8″ x 10 1/2″

Silver Age (1956 – 1970)
7 1/4″ x 10 1/2″

same size i guess
Bronze Age (1970 – 1985)
Modern Age (1985 – Present Day)
7″ x 10 1/2″

For the bag size looking up board size's i'm unsure if i should use full or half boards i was thinking half boards should be more then enough considering ill be putting them in a short comic box.

i was thinking of getting the BCW boards cause of the Acid Free+ Buffered with 3 Percent Calcium Carbonate.But i heard the BCW bags are a bit more on the cheaper Quality wise so i was also thinking of using  E. Gerber products bags.

E. Gerber all the way - Buy 500 at a time. :) Half-boards are fine, full boards are decadent.

Yer gonna put yer $1 comics in bags and boards that cost as much as the comic? I mean, go for it! But it might be a touch unnecessary. They do look and feel really great in mylar, though. So there's that  :D

There is a thread somewhere around these boards breaking down the different mylar size choices and how to correctly co co co combo  breaker! the bags and board sizes together.