• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Closing Today! -- Magazines -- Creepy #1, Heavy Metal #1 still available! Planet of the Apes #1&2 added!
1 1

169 posts in this topic

Hello Boardieverse,

Tonight I am initiating a thread I have been slowly organizing for a while, an all-magazines thread of approximately 120 items over however long it takes me, though hopefully not too many nights. There will be uncommon stuff, there will be keys. 

:rulez:

First :takeit: in the thread wins.

Shipping, U.S. Or Canada, will be actual. (U.S. Will be shipped priority, so usually between $7-$20 depending upon the size of your stack.)

Payment is money order or check, as I do not have Paypal.

Don't be listy (tsk)

Returns -- Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape, on your dime. Unless I missed something major.

Edited by Readcomix

:news: SOLD via PM! 

Let's start with the toughest one to grade...

Savage Tales #1, in what I'm calling VG, as it presents mid-grade but the covers have tape up and down the spine. The cover may or may not have been reattached; I cannot tell. But the tape does not seem structural.

I acquired this book from the estate of a long-time upstate NY collector. His brother and sister-in-law handled the liquidation. I also acquired from them at that time a hand-colored Irwin Hasen recreation of his splash page to All Star Comics #35. In the folio with the art was a pic of the late collector watching Hasen work on the piece at a show. I gave the pic back to his brother.

Why is this relevant? It underscored how this guy collected (many unverified sigs in his collection acquired back in the day), so it gives me confidence (along with my own comparisons) that the Barry Windsor-Smith sig on the interior Conan splash is legit.

Edit -- Everybody probably already knows this, but it's one of those books where I fell obligated to mention ... First appearance of the Man-Thing, as well.

Negative of tape and positive of a tough sig make it tough to price and grade, but let's go just above what VG seems to go for -- (WAS $175) NOW $140

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Price cut

:news: SOLD via PM!

Vampirella Special softcover, Fine. Note slight cover separation at top back (3rd pic) but still solidly attached. This square-bound, full-color book was available thru mail-order only (1977). (WAS $75) NOW $50

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix