• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament - Round of 128
6 6

293 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

No, I mean your own personal score like Kav has been having the calculation of 'splained.  I don't even know where to find that.

Your personal score for this round is in brackets after your name [52]

8 WEBHEAD 12-9 [31]  
9 mattn792 12-10 [52] Winner

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol

I didn't know if you knew... and I wanted you to find out if you won :shy:

AND CONGRATS !!!

Reveal hidden contents

I'm salty that I lost.... no hard feelings? :foryou:

You should've really confused him and put his handle in a spoiler!

Spoiler

@mattn792 Made ya look

1 hour ago, trmoore54 said:

Keep those prizes a'comin'  No prize too "big" no prize too "small".  Personally I think anyone participating should post a prize but that's just me... :foryou:

MARCH MADNESS PRIZE THREAD

It's not taking you to the prize thread :gossip:

4 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

On the bottom half of the back of the Watchmen, is there not all kinds of smearing on the right side and a discoloured purple area on the left side? Or am I seeing things? ??? 

2017-12-13-0063.jpg.7cf77ca73a147cb2eb64

scanner affect (shrug)

Edited by Azkaban

4 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I'm stoked, I did very well this round :banana:

My grades:

AQUA - 8.0..  Actual 8.0
GE - 5.5... Actual 6.0
WATCH - 9.6...  Actual 9.4
YOGI - 6.0... Actual 6.0

Not to rain on your parade, but the actual on GE is 4.5, and the actual on Yogi is 5.0 (thumbsu 

2 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

You're kidding me... 

(shrug) it's the only thing I can think of, who knows after that 8.0 on the Aquaman with that stain on the back doh!

4 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:
9 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I'm stoked, I did very well this round :banana:

My grades:

AQUA - 8.0..  Actual 8.0
GE - 5.5... Actual 6.0
WATCH - 9.6...  Actual 9.4
YOGI - 6.0... Actual 6.0

Not to rain on your parade, but the actual on GE is 4.5, and the actual on Yogi is 5.0 (thumbsu 

???

I saw the actual pictures with the grades on the label and the GE showed 6.0 and Yogi 6.0 

1 minute ago, Dark Knight said:

???

I saw the actual pictures with the grades on the label and the GE showed 6.0 and Yogi 6.0 

You were supposed to grade the outer cover on those double cover books.  The grade in the upper left corner of the slab is the overall grade of the book.  The grade that counts and the one that your points are based off of, is listed in the notes section of the label. :) 

10 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

On the bottom half of the back of the Watchmen, is there not all kinds of smearing on the right side and a discoloured purple area on the left side? Or am I seeing things? ??? 

2017-12-13-0063.jpg.7cf77ca73a147cb2eb64

I had this at 9.0.  Not just that but here's quite a bit of wear on the spine.

9 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

You were supposed to grade the outer cover on those double cover books.  The grade in the upper left corner of the slab is the overall grade of the book.  The grade that counts and the one that your points are based off of, is listed in the notes section of the label. :) 

Ah that's my fault. I didn't realize they were double covers.  I didn't even see the notes on the label. Not too shabby still. 

16 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Agreed, back cover looked like a horror show.  (shrug)

There was also what looked like a color-breaking scratch in the upper left corner of the front cover. I guess that was deemed "production" if the book still graded a 9.4?

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

Agreed, back cover looked like a horror show.  (shrug)

There was also what looked like a color-breaking scratch in the upper left corner of the front cover. I guess that was deemed "production" if the book still graded a 9.4?

I factored that front cover scratch into my 9.0 grade as well.