• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on a sale that is going sideways
7 7

573 posts in this topic

For the record, the books are a collection of ASM's in the #100-#150 range.  A really nice #100, #122, and #149 (no #121 or #129 guys).  A lot of the books are really sharp.  Jordysnordy will chime in more -- he's typing up a reply, I believe, as we speak. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:

For the record, the books are a collection of ASM's in the #100-#150 range.  A really nice #100, #122, and #149 (no #121 or #129 guys).  A lot of the books are really sharp.  Jordysnordy will chime in more -- he's typing up a reply, I believe, as we speak. 

Is that why he isn't answering my texts :sumo: 

I understand this is a very convoluted tale involving outsiders but, in the end, isn't the general policy here  one that allows returns and refunds if buyer isn't happy. 

Well, we know what kind of person he is. Or isn't. 

2 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I understand this is a very convoluted tale involving outsiders but, in the end, isn't the general policy here  one that allows returns and refunds if buyer isn't happy. 

No. 

11 minutes ago, paperheart said:

ugh, i assumed this would have happened with a boardie i'd never heard of :sorry:

I've made quite a few purchases from jaymole, and had some extensive pm conversations about the boards, life, finances and stuff. 

I recognized the board name when I found out the details.  I don't know if I ever did business with him before, but I've done so many deals here over the years, I'd be stunned if I hadn't.

It can take forever to build up a good reputation, and only an instant to destroy it.  It's certainly happened on these boards before. :( 

11 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Thanks. I feel like doing that and let him claim away with PayPal and see how the chips fall.

I think you should this as well.  You went above and beyond to meet his ridiculous demands.  He’s wasted enough time and money of multiple people.  I think spending some time playing the PayPal puzzle would do him some good.  Glad it’s over Jeff!  Hopefully the books find a worthy buyer the second time through!

38 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

He then got nervous that if he sent them to Randall that I would stiff him on the refund and wanted to return them to me or he would file a PayPal claim. 

I understand someone wanting to protect themselves, but considering that it was him who was backing out of the deal, his thinking that you -- who have by all accounts a sterling reputation here -- would stiff him on the refund, essentially making you a thief?  Or that, in my being a party to it, I would be essentially committing theft/fraud as well?  My reputation here speaks for itself, and the thought that he believed I also would end up being a party to doing something unethical like that, frankly, makes my own blood boil more than a little. :censored:

42 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Thanks. I feel like doing that and let him claim away with PayPal and see how the chips fall.

You paid for international shipping, and he refused to ship you back the books, instead shipping them domestically.  He has no right to that money back.