Can someone please explain to me why there is this silly tag above my avatar?
5 5

136 posts in this topic

194 posts

I'm referring to the thing about selling my car for comics.  What a silly and random thing to be noted without any intent on my part.  How do I get rid of it???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,934 posts

We all have them, they change based on post count....

eventually it will change..

Once you've been here long enough, it will change to a post that you've made on the boards.... we've all lived with it as it does change :foryou: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but I appreciate the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,934 posts
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, FSF said:

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but I appreciate the info.

I hear you though, I just got a high enough post count to get rid of the one that says, "I was posting here when you were in diapers".

There are worse ones to have....I don't know "exactly" when it changes to something that you've said on the boards, but I do believe that you have to be considered a "seasoned veteran", that you can see on some of the older board members "above or beneath their profile."

And even then you don't get to "pick" what it says lol it ends up just being a quote that you posted on the boards that had an impact, was funny, or all in all short enough to fit in the space... (thumbsu 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51,800 posts
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FSF said:

I'm referring to the thing about selling my car for comics.  What a silly and random thing to be noted without any intent on my part.  How do I get rid of it???

Pretty much every message board I've ever been on has used titles that change based on your post count. (shrug)

Just wait until you post something funny, or notable, or (hopefully) embarrassing and you'll get a permanent one that never changes

Edited by Jerkfro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,027 posts

We've been talking about changing those titles. I'm open to hear your suggestions if you want to post them here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,196 posts

Maybe if we change it to selling someone else's car.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,934 posts

I'm not sure what should replace my bat signal...but....if I'm ever witty enough for consideration, I'll consider it an honor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,305 posts
4 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

Pretty much every message board I've ever been on has used titles that change based on your post count. (shrug)

Just wait until you post something funny, or notable, or (hopefully) embarrassing and you'll get a permanent one that never changes

Yea,I just love my immortalized spelling error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,897 posts

I grew up a mile away from "Miltipas". As kids we thought it was so cool our neck of the woods were "world famous" because of the "film" lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51,800 posts
2 hours ago, DeadOne said:

Maybe if we change it to selling someone else's car.... 

How 'bout this?

" If I sell the car I just stole, I can up my bid." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,106 posts
3 hours ago, dena said:

We've been talking about changing those titles. I'm open to hear your suggestions if you want to post them here.

Just change all levels to the new title 'administrator'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51,800 posts
1 hour ago, bababooey said:

The first priority should be to use this thread's subject line for the OP's new custom title.:devil: 

@dena

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42,867 posts
7 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I hear you though, I just got a high enough post count to get rid of the one that says, "I was posting here when you were in diapers".

There are worse ones to have....I don't know "exactly" when it changes to something that you've said on the boards, but I do believe that you have to be considered a "seasoned veteran", that you can see on some of the older board members "above or beneath their profile."

And even then you don't get to "pick" what it says lol it ends up just being a quote that you posted on the boards that had an impact, was funny, or all in all short enough to fit in the space... (thumbsu 

There is one boardie who got to pick his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,196 posts
6 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:
2 hours ago, DeadOne said:

Maybe if we change it to selling someone else's car.... 

How 'bout this?

" If I sell the car I just stole, I can up my bid." 

I like it.
Selling my car would implies a personal failure on some level whereas selling a car I've stolen screams success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,261 posts
5 minutes ago, kav said:

There is one boardie who got to pick his.

@That189pignose ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,382 posts

14 years and nearly 17K posts, and I still have a generic tag. Probably because I never say anything quotable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
5 5