• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most disturbing Crime or PCH cover
4 4

132 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Also, not a well thought out plan when your getaway car has your name written on the side

.....yeah that was the joke I was making... :) 

Edited by szavisca

Actually, I guess this one belongs here too. Not quite as disturbing, if you can believe that, as the cover they did not use -- the image in the "coming next issue" ad in the inside back cover of the original edition of Classic Comics 28 (Michael Strogoff) was worse! I will try to dig mine out for this thread. It was a small ad, but I will effort a close-up.

image.jpeg

On 7/14/2018 at 5:04 PM, Robot Man said:

Brian you are all right. Larry missed out on a copy in a recent Boards sale and said he’s been looking for one for like 15 years. I didn’t realize it was so scarce. 

Now it better not turn up on eBay or a Boards sale... :sumo:

OK, since the pic is missing, may I ask -- what was the book? :)

On 7/16/2018 at 4:44 AM, vaultkeeper said:

While this cover seems tame compared to some of the other more gory pre-code covers, I've always thought this Johnny Craig cover was disturbing. It still gives me the heebie-jeebies.

voh 39.jpg

Agreed! So many wonderful books. I think anything I can offer will be a repeat at this point, but I'll try! :)

17 hours ago, originalisbest said:

The blank yellow eyes with a mouthful of playing cards does it for me on this one. What I'm not sure about is who did him in, between the lady and the thug, who both would probably like to frame the other for the deed. :)

cdnp40.png

I'll go with the thug. The lady's knife is clean while he just fired his revolver into what looks like a bullet-hole in the victim's chest...