• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's the most copies you have of a single issue?
2 2

118 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Did someone say 'Cal?'

Whatever you do, don't say it three times within 24 hours.  Oh shoot...  :ph34r:

Link

2wd63qh.jpg

Yeah, he's going to be difficult to compete with.  :)

There is 50 of them (thumbsu

11 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I know right?

These two annoy a lot of people too.

MWiEoDm.jpg

There's a cat in me comics whattamigonna do, there's a.....

7 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Did someone say 'Cal?'

Whatever you do, don't say it three times within 24 hours.  Oh shoot...  :ph34r:

Link

2wd63qh.jpg

80 copies!  That is a lot to have of a relatively common book.  There appear to be nearly 2000 graded on the census (1942 total with 1700 universal).

A quick search on eBay showed there are currently over 50 copies available there (not all graded).

His collection is still impressive, and I appreciate you sharing the photo and the link.

23 minutes ago, Hudson said:

80 copies!  That is a lot to have of a relatively common book.  There appear to be nearly 2000 graded on the census (1942 total with 1700 universal).

A quick search on eBay showed there are currently over 50 copies available there (not all graded).

His collection is still impressive, and I appreciate you sharing the photo and the link.

I believe this was one of the books that came in unopened distributor case quantities in the Robert Bell collection. Wouldn't be surprised if there's still significant raw quantities in Dolgoff or Koch's respective warehouses.

11 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Did someone say 'Cal?'

Link

2wd63qh.jpg

There are two PGX books in this photo.  The whole collection is disqualified. :smirk:

I'm gonna be on the lower end of this spectrum, for sure...

Not slabbed (I don't have any duplicate slabbed books), but unslabbed, I have...hm...

5x Ultimate Fantastic Four #1 (rassum frassum no value...)

4x Marvel 1602 #1 (rassum frassum no value...)

4x Uncanny X-Men 154 (no real reason, just slight upgrades out of $1 boxes getting up to a grade I want to be at)

4x X-Factor #1 (get these out of $1/$2 boxes whenever I see them...same with New Mutants back when those still showed up there, but only managed 3 of those, because I didn't want totally beat copies...)

And then a ton of triples/doubles picked up randomly or from upgrading filler UXM books out of dollar boxes

12 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Did someone say 'Cal?'

Link

2wd63qh.jpg

4 hours ago, Hudson said:

Back in 2008 he had 88 slabbed, and if he hadn't sold any he would have had 103.

Here's the breakdown.  We used to tease him about not having anything above 9.6.  :)

Update on CGC'd IMSMs...(2008)

Hello. As requested by many CGC Forumites, here is the lastest IMSM CGC'd comics that are in the IMSM Kingdom of CAL:

Comic CGC Grade Notes # owned

IMSM 9.6 One is WHITE paged 2

IMSM 9.4 One is WHITE paged 7

IMSM 9.2 Four are WHITE paged 17

IMSM 9.0 Three are WHITE paged 16

Two are Pedigreed:

Western Penn & Marin County Collection

IMSM 8.5 Two are WHITE paged 9

One is Qualified - the ONLY

one in IMSM Issues.

IMSM 8.0 Two are WHITE paged 15

One has no page quality given

One is Restored

IMSM 7.5 Four are WHITE paged 15

IMSM 7.0 One is WHITE paged 6

One is Restored

IMSM 6.0 1

Total: 88

I also have been selling the lower graded ones recently. The high CGC count was a total of 103 CGC'd IMSM comics.

CAL the KING of IMSM

22 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

These two annoy a lot of people too.

MWiEoDm.jpg

Well, not being a big fan of the IM & Subby book, and also not wanting to be seen as an overly greedy collector, I am willing to limiting myself to only the 2 sets of books showing up in the top left hand and bottom right hand corners of the above picture.  :takeit:

Now, that's what I call being generous and more than willing to share my wealth. (thumbsu

I realize in some cases, people sort of fall into having huge numbers of multiples of a single book-- be it from speculation, buying a collection or store stock, or the combination of multiple collections bought over the years.

Then there are the people who seem to have some affinity to particular books and buy them as often as they see them-- hoarding them basically.

Are they doing it cause they are a little crazy about the book or because they think that particular book is going to be worth tons of money some day?

44 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I realize in some cases, people sort of fall into having huge numbers of multiples of a single book-- be it from speculation, buying a collection or store stock, or the combination of multiple collections bought over the years.

Then there are the people who seem to have some affinity to particular books and buy them as often as they see them-- hoarding them basically.

Are they doing it cause they are a little crazy about the book or because they think that particular book is going to be worth tons of money some day?

I'll admit to doing it in my beginning days, because my interests weren't as expanded. 

Meaning, I didn't know of much, but when I did find something, i went over board. 

Interests grow everyday, and in certain parts things are more or less common, which can affect the numbers of multiples. Sometimes just to share with others, where they're less common and your books can be appreciated :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

20 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

I'll admit to doing it in my beginning days, because my interests weren't as expanded. 

I guess I should qualify that or clarify the book. 

I think it was xforce #10. I knew deadpool made a cameo appearance and I always found it in the bargain bins for $1 in NM!

I knew deadpool first appearance was NM 98 then xforce #2, but I thought #10 Would end up like ASM #134. I at least thought that in "NM" these would be sought after. After I kept finding them in bargain bins that way, I thought it was my "duty" to keep them in NM condition lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

15 hours ago, Readcomix said:

I believe this was one of the books that came in unopened distributor case quantities in the Robert Bell collection. Wouldn't be surprised if there's still significant raw quantities in Dolgoff or Koch's respective warehouses.

In 1989 or so I ordered 150 random back issues of UXM for $200 from a Dogloff add in Overstreet...on the phone they said they would throw in some extras...I received random issues from 95 to 200...10 copies of 96 and at least 5 copies each of 129-143...probably 200 comics total...these were unread copies that must have come from these unopened cases you mention...months later did the same deal with ASM...

Edited by JTD